2015-2016 NHL Discussion

boubabi

1 hour ago, FueledByRamen said:

Montreal trades Jarred Tinordi to Arizona for John Scott and possibly, Stefan Elliott.

Is this a fucking joke, Bergevin? Watch Tinordi become a fucking monster under a team without any pressure like Arizona.

Full trade is:

Nashville gets Stefan Elliot

Arizona gets Jarred Tinordi and Stefan Fournier

Montreal gets John Scott and Victor Bartley

Doesn't make much sense, maybe he isn't the whiz that people are saying he is.

John Scott will be the captain for Pacific still as I've read, if you are voted in on one team it is because of that division/conference (this is a funny case for that) but he still captains them.

26 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Doesn't make much sense, maybe he isn't the whiz that people are saying he is.

John Scott will be the captain for Pacific still as I've read, if you are voted in on one team it is because of that division/conference (this is a funny case for that) but he still captains them.

Bergevin? Not sure why people have ever thought he is a "whiz".

To me he is very safe and generally makes solid minor moves but really who has he acquired? Petry was a good move but other than that, it has all been very minor.  The Vanek deal was okay but it didn't really work out of course.

At the end of the day he just seems too in bed with Therrien at this point and is afraid to make any significant move.

36 minutes ago, StevenStamkos91 said:

you guys got an all-star captain what are you talking about thats amazing! and you just gave up Tinordi? wow. what a steal. 

Original comment.

Montreal Adds:

Jacob De La Rose: 2 Goals, 9 Points in 24 Games (AHL)

John Scott: 0 Goals, 1 Point in 11 Games (NHL)

Victor Bartley: 0 Goals, 1 Point in 15 Games (AHL/NHL)

Montreal Moves:

Daniel Carr to AHL: 13 Goals, 24 Points in 38 Games (AHL/NHL)

Sven Andrighetto to AHL: 11 Goals, 21 Points in 35 Games (AHL/NHL)

Jarred Tinordi: 0 Goals, 2 Points in 9 Games (AHL/NHL)

Stefan Fournier: 5 Goals, 8 Points in 29 Games (AHL/ECHL)

Sure, these are the moves you make when you are struggling to score.  In terms of NHL production this season:

Montreal adds 0 Goals, 1 Point 

Montreal loses 9 Goals, 12 Points

Edited by Advantage

16 minutes ago, Advantage said:

Bergevin? Not sure why people have ever thought he is a "whiz".

To me he is very safe and generally makes solid minor moves but really who has he acquired? Petry was a good move but other than that, it has all been very minor.  The Vanek deal was okay but it didn't really work out of course.

At the end of the day he just seems too in bed with Therrien at this point and is afraid to make any significant move.

Original comment.

I've heard countless times people praising him for being a genius.  I don't know a lot of him, so I can't say if he is or not in my opinion. Regardless of if he is or isn't, this wasn't the greatest move.

Pretty sure Shawn was just having a laugh, easy up.

Sorry, but I've read that comment at least fifty times today so it's gotten a little old.  

Max Pacioretty - Tomas Plekanec - Brendan Gallagher
Tomas Fleischmann - David Desharnais - Dale Weise
Lars Eller - Alex Galchenyuk - Devante Smith-Pelly
Jacob De La Rose - Torrey Mitchell - Brian Flynn

Fucking pathetic offense.

I'll be surprised if the team is even close to the playoffs at the end of the year.

Edited by Advantage

Deals of some significance by Bergevin:

February 26, 2013 - Erik Cole traded to Dallas Stars for Michael Ryder and a 3rd round pick #71 (Connor Crisp) in 2013

February 03, 2014 - Raphael Diaz traded to Vancouver Canucks for Dale Weise

March 05, 2014 - Sebastian Collberg and a 2nd round pick #57 (Johnathan MacLeod - Tampa Bay) in 2014 traded to New York Islanders for Thomas Vanek and a 5th round pick #125 (Nikolas Koberstein) in 2014.

June 30, 2014 - Daniel Briere traded to Colorado Avalanche for Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau and a 5th round pick #131 (Matthew Bradley) in 2015

July 01, 2014 - Josh Gorges traded to Buffalo Sabres for a 2nd round pick (TBD) in 2016 previously acquired from Minnesota (March 05, 2014)

November 11, 2014 - Travis Moen traded to Dallas Stars for Sergei Gonchar

November 20, 2014 - Rene Bourque traded to Anaheim Ducks for Bryan Allen

February 24, 2015 - Jiri Sekac traded to Anaheim Ducks for Devante Smith-Pelly

March 02, 2015 - 2nd round pick #57 (Jonas Siegenthaler - Washington via New York Rangers) in 2015 and a 4th round pick #117 (Caleb Jones) in 2015 traded to Edmonton Oilers for Jeff Petry.

March 02, 2015 - Jack Nevins and a 7th round pick (TBD) in 2016 traded to Buffalo Sabres for Torrey Mitchell
March 02, 2015 - 5th round pick (TBD) in 2016 traded to Buffalo Sabres for Brian Flynn

July 01, 2015 - Brandon Prust traded to Vancouver Canucks for Zack Kassian and a 5th round pick (TBD) in 2016

December 28, 2015 - Zack Kassian traded to Edmonton Oilers for Ben Scrivens

The Weise deal was great and I like the Petry deal cause he has really stabilized their defense.  Other than that though, what the heck has he even done?  We haven't been a player in Free Agency and our drafting hasn't been all that exceptional since he came in.  Overall, not sure what all the praise he gets is for.

1 hour ago, Dewie said:

which is a joke bc it was a FAN VOTE

Yup, but even that is a bit of a joke. It should be the top players as voted on by a committee consisting of the head scout from each team or something along those lines. I remember growing up they had West vs. East, players voted in by the NHL brass wearing those purple and green jerseys. Go back to it. Have a certain number voted in and then have the fans vote int the starters.

14 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Yup, but even that is a bit of a joke. It should be the top players as voted on by a committee consisting of the head scout from each team or something along those lines. I remember growing up they had West vs. East, players voted in by the NHL brass wearing those purple and green jerseys. Go back to it. Have a certain number voted in and then have the fans vote int the starters.

The whole all star game is a joke though already

18 hours ago, Advantage said:

Deals of some significance by Bergevin:

February 26, 2013 - Erik Cole traded to Dallas Stars for Michael Ryder and a 3rd round pick #71 (Connor Crisp) in 2013

February 03, 2014 - Raphael Diaz traded to Vancouver Canucks for Dale Weise

March 05, 2014 - Sebastian Collberg and a 2nd round pick #57 (Johnathan MacLeod - Tampa Bay) in 2014 traded to New York Islanders for Thomas Vanek and a 5th round pick #125 (Nikolas Koberstein) in 2014.

June 30, 2014 - Daniel Briere traded to Colorado Avalanche for Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau and a 5th round pick #131 (Matthew Bradley) in 2015

July 01, 2014 - Josh Gorges traded to Buffalo Sabres for a 2nd round pick (TBD) in 2016 previously acquired from Minnesota (March 05, 2014)

November 11, 2014 - Travis Moen traded to Dallas Stars for Sergei Gonchar

November 20, 2014 - Rene Bourque traded to Anaheim Ducks for Bryan Allen

February 24, 2015 - Jiri Sekac traded to Anaheim Ducks for Devante Smith-Pelly

March 02, 2015 - 2nd round pick #57 (Jonas Siegenthaler - Washington via New York Rangers) in 2015 and a 4th round pick #117 (Caleb Jones) in 2015 traded to Edmonton Oilers for Jeff Petry.

March 02, 2015 - Jack Nevins and a 7th round pick (TBD) in 2016 traded to Buffalo Sabres for Torrey Mitchell
March 02, 2015 - 5th round pick (TBD) in 2016 traded to Buffalo Sabres for Brian Flynn

July 01, 2015 - Brandon Prust traded to Vancouver Canucks for Zack Kassian and a 5th round pick (TBD) in 2016

December 28, 2015 - Zack Kassian traded to Edmonton Oilers for Ben Scrivens

The Weise deal was great and I like the Petry deal cause he has really stabilized their defense.  Other than that though, what the heck has he even done?  We haven't been a player in Free Agency and our drafting hasn't been all that exceptional since he came in.  Overall, not sure what all the praise he gets is for.

Those are all dope moves. Those moves are all underrated. Gorges for a second was unbelievable.