2015-2016 NHL Discussion

boubabi

Elliot Friedman just said he was not happy with Corrado going on waivers. just a fun fact. because it could have been avoided. but is happy with the fact they are going with the best players make the team approach which led to Hutton over Corrado. 

That's pretty much my view point. Do I think its poor asset management with Corrado? Sure, but its also another player getting what he deserves in Hutton. Vey, that was a smart move because you move on from shit players like him.

Any of you guys watch the interviews? It was either he played as an 8th defensemen or be trade and when Benning approached 12-15 GMs and no one wanted him he put him on waivers.

Hutton was a surprise and was likely the main reason why Corrado didnt make the Canucks. Benning tried to trade him but oh well.

Also Game 4 of the LA series(?) when Corrado played and the Nucks were down 3-0 was the reason Corrado even had to be put on waivers. Past GMs fault.

Yeah, playing Corrado in that one game years ago took a year off his contract.

But still, I couldn't care less about Corrado being gone. Sure, he'll probably be a decent 6-7th D in Toronto, but he's nothing amazing. There's plenty where that came from.

I'm excited for the season with the youth in the lineup. I don't care how bad the Canucks do. It will be exciting hockey.

Have to get over spilt mil, that's all. It's done now, as a real fan just turn your head on whats in front. Hell, thats basically the motto as a Devils fan because Lou did things at the push of a button.

so me and my brother and my cousins do our pool we always do every year for 50 bucks each. i.e winner gets 150. Goals and assists are 1 point. Goalie wins are 1 point, shutouts are 1 point goalie assists count too. its just a basic pool and we drew to see who would pick first and it wasnt a snake draft so here are the results in order. We get 9 forwards, 4 defenseman and 2 goalies. plus we get 3 forward reserves, 2 defenseman reserves and 1 goalie reserve incase someone gets injured for more than 2 weeks.

Brother

1. Sidney Crosby

5. Jonathan Tavares

9. Ryan Getzlaf

13. Corey Perry

17. Claude Giroux

21. Victor Hedman (D)

25. Jonathan Toews

29. Duncan Keith (D)

33. Henrik Sedin

37. Dustin Byfuglien (D)

41. Ben Bishop (G)

45. Shea Weber (D)

49. Joe Pavelski

53. Patrick Sharp

57. Marc-Andre Fleury (G)

------------------------

61. Marian Hossa (RF)

65. Drew Doughty (RD)

69. Jack Eichel (RF)

73. Roman Josi (RD)

77. Joe Thornton (RF)

81. Devan Dubnyk (RG)

Cousin #1

2. Tyler Seguin

6. Patrick Kane

10. Tyler Johnson

14. P.K Subban (D)

18. Kristopher Letang (D)

22. Mark Giodano (D)

26. Carey Price (G)

30. Evander Kane

34. Daniel Sedin

38. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

42. Filip Forsberg

46. Niklas Kronwall (D)

50. Zach Parise

54. Corey Crawford (G)

58. Max Pacioretty 

-------------------------

62. Matt Duchene (RF)

66. Pavel Datsyuk (RF)

70. Johnny Gaudreu (RF)

74. Ryan Miller (RG)

78. Nick Leddy (RD)

82. Brent Seabrook (RD)

Cousin #2

3. Alexander Ovechkin

7. Evgeni Malkin

11. Erik Karlsson (D)

15. Connor McDavid

19. Nicklas Backstrom

23. Brent Burns (D)

27. John Carlson (D)

31. Anze Kopitar

35. Nail Yakupov

39. Mark Stone

43. Kyle Okposo

47. T.J Oshie

51. Oliver Ekman-Larsson (D , this is who i wanted, took just before my pick)

55. Braden Holtby (G, again just before my pick)

59. Sergei Bobrovsky (G)

---------------------------

63. Justin Williams (RF)

67. Brandon Saad (RF)

71. Blake Wheeler (RF)

75. Mike Green (RD)

79. Mark Streit (RD)

83. Jaroslav Halak (RG)

Me

4. Steven Stamkos (who else?)

8. Jamie Benn

12. Phil Kessel

16. Vladimir Tarasenko

20. Jakub Voracek

24. Taylor Hall

28. Ryan Johansen

32. Nikita Kutcherov

36. Logan Couture

40. Tyson Barrie (D)

44. Kevin Shattenkirk (D)

48. Alexander Pietrangelo (D)

52. Sami Vatanen (D)

56. Henrik Lundqvist (G)

60. Pekka Rinne (G)

----------------------

64. Nathan MacKinnon (RF)

68. Ondrej Palat (RF)

72. Jason Spezza (RF)

76. Dougie Hamilton (RD)

80. Aaron Ekblad (RD)

84. Jonathan Quick (RG)

who in your opinion has the best team? why? who should be in a real team not in the reserves? 

Non-Snake? Are you guys huffing glue?

just the way its always been, 10 years now. i missed the 1st year but i know its been 10 years that theyve been doing it. you know how people get. they dont like snake draft and me being the youngest i have basically no say. but ill have you know i won from the 4th spot before so its do able

Pacio 2 goals

Subban 3 passes

Carey Price the 1st star

Well, that is pretty much what we will see in a winning scenario this season.

Edited by boubabi

just the way its always been, 10 years now. i missed the 1st year but i know its been 10 years that theyve been doing it. you know how people get. they dont like snake draft and me being the youngest i have basically no say. but ill have you know i won from the 4th spot before so its do able

Should change it up next season to snake, lol. 10 years is enough.

Somebody that knows what they're doing with #1 every round will likely win. What's the percentage of 1st overall to winning the pool? :P

Should change it up next season to snake, lol. 10 years is enough.

Somebody that knows what they're doing with #1 every round will likely win. What's the percentage of 1st overall to winning the pool? :P

ive got number one 2 times so ive won 2 times :P, and i think there was 3 more times that 1st won. i also won from 3rd and 4th. im batting 4/9. but yea i will try to get a snake going next year. but who knows if i win again ill just leave it. 

I get so excited for the season and then I remember how bad this team pisses me off. 

tell me about it. BUT the canucks are actually doing good right now. 4-1 against Calgary and they are out shooting them. guess Karri Ramo wont start saturday in calgary. probably be Jonas Hiller with Joni Orito backing up

Sutter had a damn fine game today. If that works, then great. Hutton and McCann had really good games as well, though Sbisa did what he does to ruin Miller's shutout. Good start to the season.

Sutter had a damn fine game today. If that works, then great. Hutton and McCann had really good games as well, though Sbisa did what he does to ruin Miller's shutout. Good start to the season.

Im honestly not totally sold on Hutton, I saw him make a few mistakes out there especially a big one behind the canucks net in the 1st where he tried to dangle out of trouble instead of a simple pass to his d partner. but I guess mistakes are be expected with younger players. 

Im honestly not totally sold on Hutton, I saw him make a few mistakes out there especially a big one behind the canucks net in the 1st where he tried to dangle out of trouble instead of a simple pass to his d partner. but I guess mistakes are be expected with younger players. 

Can you honestly blame Hutton for not wanting to pass to Sbisa? He did it in the last pre-season game too, looked over to Sbisa and then just carried the puck out. He already doesn't trust Sbisa, it's hilarious.