2015-2016 NHL Discussion

boubabi

the flames are carrying 3 goalies? with Ramo not doing so well, i thought maybe Hartley dresses Ortio since he was the one who didnt dress this game. 

You'd have to see who can clear waivers and who can't. I'm almost certain Ramo and Hiller can't go through.

Can you honestly blame Hutton for not wanting to pass to Sbisa? He did it in the last pre-season game too, looked over to Sbisa and then just carried the puck out. He already doesn't trust Sbisa, it's hilarious.

well, you have a point there. but coaches wont see it like that, they will see him trying to do to much and not make the simple play. that pass to Jannik Hansen though

All 3 are on 1 way deals bro

So yeah I guess one would sit in the box. However it wouldn't matter cause if Ramo was bad, he would just back Hiller up. Not always a good thing having 3 goaltenders on one ways up.

How bout that Landeskog-Mackinnon-Tanguay line? Landy and Mackinnon are just playing lights out. The team in general had a brain fart in the 3rd vs the Wild but before the 3rd they purely dominated. This is not even mentioning how great the 4th line of McLeod-Mitchell-Skille has been playing.

But the 3rd line is blah at best, bench Rendulic. Play Grigorenko on 1st line LW and move Comeau down to the 3rd line. Duchene looks out of place with Comeau on his line. He should never be on a top line... This is not mentioning Holden and  Guenin need to fuck right off. Gormley impressed all pre-season and i'd rather have Stuart over those two bums

Game got away from the Canucks tonight. Flames outplayed them and Miller kept it close for awhile there. McCann and Horvat with the clutch goals.

Danny almost won it in OT but Ramo came up huge with the save. Then Sutter gave it away after taking it away which resulted in the goal.

Ah, well. Going to be a hard one against the Ducks on Monday, who lost their first game.

Panthers scored a touchdown on Philly tonight.

Great highlight package for that game. So nice seeing that home crowd despite the attendance just happy to enjoy hockey, to see a group of great young forwards and an aging legend play. They were loving it. 

Why the hell did the Devils new coach pull the goalie on the penalty kill with 3 minutes left? Niskanens empty net PP goal looked...strange. Anyway, no points for Crosby yet in two tries, no points for McDavid yet in two tries. Yet Ovechkin, still humming along at his usual pace. :P 

Great highlight package for that game. So nice seeing that home crowd despite the attendance just happy to enjoy hockey, to see a group of great young forwards and an aging legend play. They were loving it. 

Why the hell did the Devils new coach pull the goalie on the penalty kill with 3 minutes left? Niskanens empty net PP goal looked...strange. Anyway, no points for Crosby yet in two tries, no points for McDavid yet in two tries. Yet Ovechkin, still humming along at his usual pace. :P

To be fair, a lot of that "home crowd" was Flyers fans. There were a ton of empty seats after the 1st period that were orange at puck drop.

That was easily the worst game I've ever seen Mason play.

With there whole 15 fans?

McDavid the wonderkid has looked average at best. But all Canadian Media says he has looked amazing. I watched his 1st game and he was hardly recognizable for the first 2 periods. He would have gotten lost to everyone if the announcers didn't get a hard on each time he hit the ice. The 3rd period for him was better. Eichel looked way better then McDavid in his first game, a fact Canadian anylist will not admit. I am not sayng he looked better because he got a goal and wonderkid did not. I PVR'ed Eichels game and if you watched the games side by side which I can do. You can easily tell Eichel had a better game.

Game 2 yet again Eichel looked better. In both their 2nd games neither got points. But Eichel looked better and more explosive.

I am not saying McDavid sucks, but this is Crosby all over again. They will ram him down your throat and say he is the best of the best in the rookie class. But Eichel and Barkov have look far better then him. I hate Crosby with a passion, he is overrated beyond belief. Toews, Tavarse, Stamkos, Ovechkin are all better then him. But yet people say he is the best. If he was where are all his MVP's? all his other trophies. The Pens had amazing teams that the likes of Toews, Tavares, Stamkos and Ovechkin would dream of and would have won cup after cup with. But before this turns into a Crosby trashing post I will stop there. I do not hate McDavid. He will be up there with those guys very soon. But his first 2 games were average at best, people need to stop saying otherwise.

Having said all that. How in the fuck does Edmonton still suck ass? 4 first overall picks in the lineup an they manage to score 2 goals in 2 games and lose both games. McDavid is good, hell he is amazing, he sure can score I know that. It will come forsure, but where are the amazing passes that he is also known for. He was skating with Hall his first game and nothing. I am not even talking about goals and points. I am talking about chemistry, I am talking about the amazing passing plays that Hall and him should be able to do and nothing.

If Edmonton finishes near the bottom the league should exempt them from the draft lottery. But they won't, they handed McDavid to Edmonton because they history (Greztky) and plus the franchise needed him bad. Just like they handed crybaby crosby to Pitsburgh since if they did not get him they would have lost the franchise.

McDavid the wonderkid has looked average at best. But all Canadian Media says he has looked amazing. I watched his 1st game and he was hardly recognizable for the first 2 periods. He would have gotten lost to everyone if the announcers didn't get a hard on each time he hit the ice. The 3rd period for him was better. Eichel looked way better then McDavid in his first game, a fact Canadian anylist will not admit. I am not sayng he looked better because he got a goal and wonderkid did not. I PVR'ed Eichels game and if you watched the games side by side which I can do. You can easily tell Eichel had a better game.

Game 2 yet again Eichel looked better. In both their 2nd games neither got points. But Eichel looked better and more explosive.

I am not saying McDavid sucks, but this is Crosby all over again. They will ram him down your throat and say he is the best of the best in the rookie class. But Eichel and Barkov have look far better then him. I hate Crosby with a passion, he is overrated beyond belief. Toews, Tavarse, Stamkos, Ovechkin are all better then him. But yet people say he is the best. If he was where are all his MVP's? all his other trophies. The Pens had amazing teams that the likes of Toews, Tavares, Stamkos and Ovechkin would dream of and would have won cup after cup with. But before this turns into a Crosby trashing post I will stop there. I do not hate McDavid. He will be up there with those guys very soon. But his first 2 games were average at best, people need to stop saying otherwise.

Having said all that. How in the fuck does Edmonton still suck ass? 4 first overall picks in the lineup an they manage to score 2 goals in 2 games and lose both games. McDavid is good, hell he is amazing, he sure can score I know that. It will come forsure, but where are the amazing passes that he is also known for. He was skating with Hall his first game and nothing. I am not even talking about goals and points. I am talking about chemistry, I am talking about the amazing passing plays that Hall and him should be able to do and nothing.

If Edmonton finishes near the bottom the league should exempt them from the draft lottery. But they won't, they handed McDavid to Edmonton because they history (Greztky) and plus the franchise needed him bad. Just like they handed crybaby crosby to Pitsburgh since if they did not get him they would have lost the franchise.

I think the media stations just built up so much hype into McDavid that they're all-in now. When he has a mediocre game, they can only talk about the positives.

Hell, the kid had NHL commercials for him before he even played a game. It's craziness. Poor kid has a ton of pressure on him. I mean, obviously he's proved time and again that he can handle the pressure, but still he's young.

The guy has to play on a team that hasn't lived up to the hype season after season. Hall and Eberle have been awesome, but guys like Yakupov haven't been how they are expected to be. The Nuge has been pretty good as well, but further back in development. He still has been better than Yaks though.

How the Oilers have gone this many seasons without getting a good goalie is beyond me though. Talbot is not the savior.

McDavid is fantastic and a great player.  I've seen him too many times to not think that.

With that being said, people hype up players way too early as per usual.

Stamkos was a 40 point player in his rookie year while Tavares had just over 50.

Just cause Crosby and Ovy tore the roof off the league in their rookie years doesn't mean McDavid and Eichel will.

With that being said, they have yet to surround McDavid with proper linemates that fit his style in my opinion.  Taylor Hall especially is overrated as hell and a terrible matchup with McDavid.

I think the media stations just built up so much hype into McDavid that they're all-in now. When he has a mediocre game, they can only talk about the positives.

Hell, the kid had NHL commercials for him before he even played a game. It's craziness. Poor kid has a ton of pressure on him. I mean, obviously he's proved time and again that he can handle the pressure, but still he's young.

The guy has to play on a team that hasn't lived up to the hype season after season. Hall and Eberle have been awesome, but guys like Yakupov haven't been how they are expected to be. The Nuge has been pretty good as well, but further back in development. He still has been better than Yaks though.

How the Oilers have gone this many seasons without getting a good goalie is beyond me though. Talbot is not the savior.

See the post ADV made as I tend to agree with a lot of what he said.

But the big fundamental point is people are forgetting a couple of key things. When Ovechkin and Crosby entered the league, there wasn't anybody for them to compete with. Like really. Tell me the generational talent that existed that was on their level. Nobody. They were it., Crosby and Ovechkin aren't even CLOSE to done yet. I'd argue both are still in their prime. Then you have elite level talent, guys .like Kane, Malkin, Tavares, Stamkos heating up. How in the hell can anyone expect these two rookies to enter the league and blow it up when coaches and defenses and teams are already hard at work on stopping the best of the best in the NHL, and doing it pretty well. 

Again, when was the last time a team with a generational talent on it won a Stanley Cup? McDavid is one player, hell the whole Oilers team is filled with first rounders but they almost never address team need. You talk about a goalie, how about a third line that is actually capable? How about net presence on a top line? How about a top 4 defense that actually can help your goalie out? Again, the Oilers are so far from a complete team it isn't even funny. One forward, no matter how good can't save a team. Crosby didn't win his Cup because he was a savior, people forget how actually good their depth was at that point, plus they had a way better defensive core. There is a reason they haven't come close since. 

I do feel bad for the two rookies due to the pressure though. The NHL is in one of it's most defensive eras, both have been hyped as the next Crosby/Ovechkin and they are forced to come in and try to have point per game style seasons or lead the league in scoring when realistically just getting to 40-50 points in todays NHL in general not just in your rookie season is impressive. To expect the consistency of argaubly the two most consistent players at what they do in Ovie/Crosby is so unfair it isn't even funny. 

Edited by Mr. Power