2015-2016 NHL Discussion

boubabi

3 hours ago, Kendrick said:

@Sandro The black hole just got recalled for your Nucks.

By all accounts, Higgins has been an absolute pro throughout an unfortunate situation. Maybe he can show he belongs in the show again. Not like he can be any worse then the Ghost of Radim Vrbata. And if he is, fuck it, it helps the tank.

1 hour ago, Sandro said:

By all accounts, Higgins has been an absolute pro throughout an unfortunate situation. Maybe he can show he belongs in the show again. Not like he can be any worse then the Ghost of Radim Vrbata. And if he is, fuck it, it helps the tank.

Yeah that or Linden Vey's inability to be a kid with any sort of aggressiveness. Vey's issue is more that he is a boy and will never be man enough to out power any other player. Higgins just seemed to slow down a whole lot.

My Devils are doing the opposite of a tank :(

4 hours ago, Kendrick said:

Yeah that or Linden Vey's inability to be a kid with any sort of aggressiveness. Vey's issue is more that he is a boy and will never be man enough to out power any other player. Higgins just seemed to slow down a whole lot.

My Devils are doing the opposite of a tank :(

Oh Vey... If he got a little stronger he wouldn't be a bad 13th forward I don't think. And Higgins did slow down, but I mean... what has Vrbata done?

Anyways, THE CANUCKS ARE OFFICIALLY IN 27TH. TOP 5 PICK RANGE WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

4 hours ago, gregreg said:

Johnny Hockey is a bit of a bitch eh 

Yes, yes he is. He might be talented, but he sure acts like a little child at times. I remember when they said his agent was trying to trademark that "Johnny Hockey" name, when in reality we all knew Johnny himself wanted to do it. Not a bad business move but it also shows that the quiet guy is somewhat of a douche too. I personally am not a fan of his soft style.

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

Yes, yes he is. He might be talented, but he sure acts like a little child at times. I remember when they said his agent was trying to trademark that "Johnny Hockey" name, when in reality we all knew Johnny himself wanted to do it. Not a bad business move but it also shows that the quiet guy is somewhat of a douche too. I personally am not a fan of his soft style.

Still a good player but man wasn't a fan of his tonight. Learn to take a hit "Johnny Hockey"

1 hour ago, gregreg said:

Going to be a real bummer when Vancouver or Edmonton win the lottery

I'd say more if Edmonton do. However, one could say its a bummer if Toronto wins it too because of all the mismanagement of picks over the years and their inability to have ownership thinking on the same page as the people they hire under them. Personally, I feel with the ineptitude of the Maple Leafs over the last 10 years especially, they don't deserve anything nice haha.

Just now, Kendrick said:

I'd say more if Edmonton do. However, one could say its a bummer if Toronto wins it too because of all the mismanagement of picks over the years and their inability to have ownership thinking on the same page as the people they hire under them. Personally, I feel with the ineptitude of the Maple Leafs over the last 10 years especially, they don't deserve anything nice haha.

oh I agree Toronto doesn't deserve it either but Vancouver is the worst and Edmonton has had enough first overall picks 

2 hours ago, gregreg said:

oh I agree Toronto doesn't deserve it either but Vancouver is the worst and Edmonton has had enough first overall picks 

I think my Devils deserve it because they never intentionally tank.

35 minutes ago, Knight said:

Bitches we deserve it as much as anyone else. There will be animosity towards whoever wins the #1 overall pick. So many people hate the Maples Leafs already it may as well be us :drunk:

Yeah but I still feel Stamkos "bolts" to the Leafs in free agency in the off-season. So if the Leafs win the lottery and manage to get AM and Stamkos in the same off-season I can see a whole lot of butt-hurt going on.

I actually am in the mindset, and this may sound strange, but I think the Leafs beginning to build a solid franchise with a good team, is one of the better things that could happen to the NHL. Regardless of all the mismanagement as Kendrick mentions, big hockey markets having big hockey names and a solid team elevates the interest/level of the entire league. I think that is a positive. 

If the Oilers win the lottery though I riot. I'm so sick of that club. Their fan base, and given that I live in Alberta and right between Calgary and Edmonton I hear a lot of munkception fan boys for the teams on both sides, the mismanagement of the Oilers is insanely worse than the Leafs. The Leafs had some bad ownership who over invested in a core that wasn't good enough. But the Oilers have had core players that are good enough, tons of first round picks, and they consistently fail to actually build around that core. They had zero balls to ever trade any of their first round picks up to this point whether that is the pick itself or the players who come of it to fill the holes. Yet still I can't count the people who go "we got McDavid now though so we will win everything eventually." McDavid won't save that franchise. He'll help, if they can build forward depth and started to care remotely about keeping the puck out of their own net from the blue line.

3 hours ago, Mr. Power said:

Yeah but I still feel Stamkos "bolts" to the Leafs in free agency in the off-season. So if the Leafs win the lottery and manage to get AM and Stamkos in the same off-season I can see a whole lot of butt-hurt going on.

I actually am in the mindset, and this may sound strange, but I think the Leafs beginning to build a solid franchise with a good team, is one of the better things that could happen to the NHL. Regardless of all the mismanagement as Kendrick mentions, big hockey markets having big hockey names and a solid team elevates the interest/level of the entire league. I think that is a positive. 

If the Oilers win the lottery though I riot. I'm so sick of that club. Their fan base, and given that I live in Alberta and right between Calgary and Edmonton I hear a lot of munkception fan boys for the teams on both sides, the mismanagement of the Oilers is insanely worse than the Leafs. The Leafs had some bad ownership who over invested in a core that wasn't good enough. But the Oilers have had core players that are good enough, tons of first round picks, and they consistently fail to actually build around that core. They had zero balls to ever trade any of their first round picks up to this point whether that is the pick itself or the players who come of it to fill the holes. Yet still I can't count the people who go "we got McDavid now though so we will win everything eventually." McDavid won't save that franchise. He'll help, if they can build forward depth and started to care remotely about keeping the puck out of their own net from the blue line.

We've already began the process thankfully. 

5 hours ago, Knight said:

Bitches we deserve it as much as anyone else. There will be animosity towards whoever wins the #1 overall pick. So many people hate the Maples Leafs already it may as well be us :drunk:

Hardly, that franchise and MLSE screwed itself so much that they deserve to rot. Only team worse is the Oilers, and Columbus is a close third.