Live S46 VHL Entry Draft Coverage

Daniel

I am delighted to confirm that after the success of his coverage of last season's VHLM Dispersal Draft, the one and only Pierre McGuire will return tomorrow night, but this time he's going for the big one. That's right, he'll be turning his bespectacled gaze to the VHL, as he provides the analysis and opinion that no one else can on the S46 VHL Entry Draft. Be here tomorrow night around 8 for the build-up!

Pierre.jpg

"Guess who just entered the building? That's right, Pierre's here baby, bigger than ma- mountain Dallas Stars d-man Jamie Oleksiak and better than up and coming goaltender Yann Danis, I'm here and ready to rumble. I've just finished talking to tonight's first overall pick, Zachary Parechkin. This kid is hot stuff and boy does he like to talk, despite feeling a bit worse for wear after pulling a Tyler Seguin last night; you could say he's following in all the right footsteps! I'm going to take a look at the VHLM draft happening downstairs, stay here and I'll be back with all the draft coverage you could want. WHAM!"

NHL+Entry+Draft+Lunch+UFLTwSp9j-Ws.jpg

1. Zachary Parechkin - Toronto Legion

"OH BABY! And just like that, the stud to end all studs ups and moves to Toronto. Zachary Parechkin, first overall in the VHLM draft, first overall in the VHL draft and first overall in my heart. The definition of big body presence, this kid is the complete package, remember the date because this kid's going to be a superstar!!!"

Alex%20Ovechkin%20draft.jpg

2. Jeff Hamilton - Seattle Bears

"WHAM! Seattle have been down in the dumps for a while but no more as they add unstoppable Englishman Jeff Hamilton! This kid's from Gerrard's Cross, England, not exactly known for it's hockey prodigies but you know what, they can be very proud of this kid. You know what I love the most about Jeff Hamilton? He's a big body presence, not afraid to drop the gloves but he can shoot the puck past you like no one else. There's never been a better time to be a Bear!" 

040615McGuire.jpg

3. Sean Blacker - Toronto Legion

4. Shawn Muller - Seattle Bears

5. Pete Stockton - Toronto Legion

"BOY DO I FEEL GIDDY! The Toronto and Seattle back and forth continues as the Legion use their valuable 3rd pick to "pick" up Sean Blacker. This dynamic Irishman has impressed everyone who's watched him from the word go, and if this kid carries on the way he is, he looks like he could be the next Patrik Stefan, and you find me a team who doesn't want a player of that calibre! The honour of being 4th overall goes to the dashing Deutschlander, Shawn Muller. This flashy phenom can put a biscuit in the basket like you've never seen and just like German engineering, he won't let you down! Toronto round out the top 5 with Pete Stockton. Let me tell you something right here, THIS is the steal of the draft. The guys running the Legion must think it's their birthday, Christmas and Hanukkah all rolled into one getting him here. If he's not a stud then my name's not Regis!"

pierre-mcguire1.jpg

6-30: Some scrubs were picked 

I have to go eat and cry about the fact that I got drafted by Cologne. Sorry I couldn't replicate last year's success but at least you got some amazing analysis of the first 5 picks :(

I hate life. I was excited for me to be talked about :(