Walking Dead Thread

Sandro

They only needed a seven episode setup, but there was FINALLY some excitement with this show!  Just watched the finale, that shit was bananas.

How similar has the TV series been to the comics so far?

They only needed a seven episode setup, but there was FINALLY some excitement with this show!  Just watched the finale, that shit was bananas.

Well... Daryl was never in the comics, yet he's still a key character in the show, so...

Overall it's strayed pretty far other than having the same characters and locations. But the mid-season finale played things pretty closely to the books. Michonne and another character (not Hershel) are captured and the other character is decapitated while Michonne gets away. The prison group lost a lot more people in the comic, but there was only one "final battle" in the books where they went at it twice in the show. Them being split into different groups is accurate and that final shot of Rick and Carl overlooking the prison was pretty much the final page of the first compendium. Also, the preview they showed for the next episode on Talking Dead was 1-for-1 from the books as well, so it looks like they're starting to follow the comics a bit more in some regards while still being different in others.

Edited by Sandro

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm too lazy to find/create a video games thread and it's Walking Dead related, so here goes:

I finally got around to starting The Walking Dead: The Game - Season Two today after buying it weeks ago. All I can say is there are feels everywhere now. Not sure how I'm supposed to go to sleep.

• 2 weeks later...