Walking Dead Thread

Sandro

Holy fuck you guys are lame. Sure, the episode was slow but it was still very good. It's also the only episode that basically adapted straight from the comics. Not sure where the hate from Carl came from, he has every reason to be pissed off at Rick right now. This episode is very important not only for that character, but because they really fleshed out Michonne's past as well. The next few episodes are going to be all about the group pulling themselves together after the prison and trying to find each other.

Holy fuck you guys are lame. Sure, the episode was slow but it was still very good. It's also the only episode that basically adapted straight from the comics. Not sure where the hate from Carl came from, he has every reason to be pissed off at Rick right now. This episode is very important not only for that character, but because they really fleshed out Michonne's past as well. The next few episodes are going to be all about the group pulling themselves together after the prison and trying to find each other.

Ain't hate from me. Just the fact that I said I don't believe that he can survive on his own. He nearly died twice.

• 1 month later...

Only 3 episodes left and it looks like next episode isn't even gonna be finishing this whole walk around build up.  This is like that one lost GOT book that is still better than this part of the season.  Pretty lame since they came back from the break IMO.

Bad season.

I've been an avid fan since the start, but I think they should wrap this up in 6 seasons before it gets ugly. Maybe the final one dedicated to finding a cure.

I enjoyed the latest episode but not much else before that.

Bad season.

I've been an avid fan since the start, but I think they should wrap this up in 6 seasons before it gets ugly. Maybe the final one dedicated to finding a cure.

I enjoyed the latest episode but not much else before that.

Just stop watching the show.

Just stop watching the show.

Forgive me, I don't exactly read the comics, nor do I care to as a defense to not be too spoiled about characters and plot lines (even if they aren't exactly similar); Perhaps not a cure, but some kind of "happy ending" if you will. But I'll gladly take the slaughtering of most of the main cast route. I find it pretty fun to predict the ending rather than already be spoiled to what the ending could be from prior readings.

Do we not already have it set up with this scientist in Abraham's group who has some kind of solution/cure? Enlighten me on your dream ending.

You started the thread and are one of the only ones actually defending this crapshoot of a season. You strike me as one of those people who tell everyone to read the comic and can't take the non-readers seriously. Just like the several Game of Thrones fanboys telling me to read the damn books. 

FUCK THE BOOKS, I AIN'T READING SHIT.

They milked the shit out of the prison and they are certainly milking the walk to Terminus. Only for next season to  milk out… you guessed it… LIVING IN TERMINUS!

Edited by Aether

Yeah, and I'm all about developing characters, I think it's essential to the show and all that.  The frustrating part though is looking at a show like Game of Thrones, which ALSO has a billion characters in it, and they manage to both develop characters AND make nearly episode exciting, rather than spending 45 minutes telling us that Beth misses her family and REALLY wants to be a normal girl her age, and Daryl really does have dem feels.  They could probably condense all that shit into one scene, and then fast travel to wherever the producers are taking the show next.

It's still a good show and all, I just almost find it baffling that they toss the mind-blowingest most exciting episode in the dead middle of the season (which came right after the swiftest redemption to bad guy arc I've ever seen), and then spend the next 4-5 episodes drraaaagggggging their feet to the next plot point, all the while just throwing little snippets of what that might be (HEROES ON A CURE MISSION??  DARYL JOINS A BIKER GANG??  KIDNAPPING MORTICIANS??  TERMINUS??  ARE WE GOING TO FOLLOW UP ON ANY OF THESE THINGS THIS SEASON?  KEEP WATCHING TO FIND OUT!!).

Although I get the feeling the reason they're doing that is because they're ready to do a LOST type timeline mindfuck.  Namely because in that second episode, Beth is attacked by the same zombie/guy who died after Tyrese hammer-timed his family LATER that episode.

And it's all good.  I just think it's taking an obnoxious amount of time.

Edited by JardyB10

And what I think Sandro MEANT to say here was...

SLIGHT GAME OF THRONES S3 SPOILERS

^ Pretty much this, yeah. There won't be any cure. They aren't going to explain how any of this shit started. In all likelihood both the comic and the show will end with Rick's death and Carl being on his own. That's it. I can't really explain anything further about certain things -- such as Abraham's group -- without spoiling some major plot points.

I've had very few issues with this season, because the new showrunner had to un-fuck all the dumb shit the old one did. Season 4A was basically the proper ending to Season 3, and now they're doing a bunch of character development that never happened in Season 3. The only episode that bothered me was Daryl + Beth getting an entire episode to themselves.

What I will say is if next season has them living in Terminus, there's going to be a lot of pissed off people. The only way that will be acceptable is if they are doing a major remix on something in the comic, which is a possibility because AMC likes to fuck with the show's budget but I still don't think that's the case.

FUCK THE BOOKS, I AIN'T READING SHIT.

And please, try harder to sound like a fucking child, Aether. It sounds like this show isn't for you.

Edited by Sandro