Walking Dead Thread

Sandro

tumblr_migb3rDXva1ql5yr7o2_500.gif

Yep, amazing season. The finale was intense. I have a love/hate relationship with how they end most episodes and every season. Leaving you on the edge of your seat like that, wanting more is so bad for me but soooo good for them and the show. 

IMO, the spin off will likely be good and it could potentially be amazing, but it won't be The Walking Dead. The actors in TWD are great and they are their characters. Carrol, Rick and Daryl are bad ass - even some of the others like Glenn, Abraham. You feel connected to the show and the characters.  Obviously lots of people wanted to see what was going on in the world elsewhere but let's actually see it for what it is.. AMC isn't being nice and giving the fans something more.. They see a cash cow and they're trying to keep it in the pasture for as long as they can (won't surprise me if after LA, we see "The Walking Dead - Montreal" or some stupid Canadian shit spin off lol). TWD needs to end sooner or later (although I don't know how - apocalypse ends? everyone dies? They find eternal safety? Gabriel helps them find Jesus and/or Snookie?) and with how good the ratings are - why not make a spin off? MORE MONEY! and for the spin off - I see them trying too hard right off the start to get us to like the characters. Making them bad ass or tough. There's also only so much they can face (obstacle wise). They try to survive, some group of "bad people" try to go against them.

Either way, I'm pumped for S6 and the companion series. Need my fix of TWD  :)

The comic is planned to run for 300 issues and I think only 140-something have been released. The show is currently around Issues 80-90. I don't see the show continuing on for that long but I suspect it will end in a similar way to how I think most people expect the comic to end, albeit in a different place in the story: With Rick's death and Carl being left on his own.

I don't think the spin-off will be horrible. It will easily be better than Z Nation or iZombie, but that's not saying much.

They have a decent cast of characters for the spin-off, including Alycia Carey, who has been great in The 100. Kim Dickens has been good in the things I've seen her in, which includes House of Cards.

How TF did Daryl and that other fucker not notice the HUGE rig up of pullies and cables that would be required to have 5 trailer doors get pulled UPWARDS. There would CLEARLY be rigging for it everywhere that only a retard wouldn't be able to detect.

TWD taking L after L after L. Thank god the season is done.

OH GORLAB

How TF did Daryl and that other fucker not notice the HUGE rig up of pullies and cables that would be required to have 5 trailer doors get pulled UPWARDS. There would CLEARLY be rigging for it everywhere that only a retard wouldn't be able to detect.

Their vast experience in a dangerous world where they have to be on their A game obviously made them dumber.

What crossed my mind along with the wires was how did they not hear the 20+ some walkers inside of the truck trailers? and usually they'd bang on the trailers you'd think first unless they're trying to kill off a black character.

I love that they keep killing off the black guy. Makes me feel bad for Morgan, because he's such a cool guy, but he thinks life is all precious and shit. It would be in his best interest to kill any new black guys who roll into town, but he won't. His fate is sealed. :(

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...