Walking Dead Thread

Sandro

What the shit was Beth even trying to accomplish there?  Was she going for the tiny scissor kill, or just committing suicide to prove a point?  This season's been good, but I don't really understand that bit.

What the shit was Beth even trying to accomplish there?  Was she going for the tiny scissor kill, or just committing suicide to prove a point?  This season's been good, but I don't really understand that bit.

Honestly, I think it was part suicide/part she wasn't thinking clearly. Dawn had pissed her off for the last time and she just wanted her dead. She could also simply have known that the scissors wouldn't be enough to kill Dawn and that the Dawn or one of the cops would take her out, ensuring that Dawn would die. She was never cut out for the apocalypse, and she was slowly losing hope. After seeing what was going on in the hospital and starting to kind of trust Dawn, only to see her pull her power trip BS at the end again, may have just been too much for her to bear. Remember, she tried to commit suicide once before, and was "brought back" by her hope and seeing how many people she had that cared about her. At this point though her father is definitely dead (murdered in front of her) as well as her not knowing where Maggie is. I can see her just being done with everything and not caring anymore.

I don't think it was that she didn't care anymore, it's just that she wanted to take Dawn down. After Dawn made the power move by demanding Noah, and realizing that she had been a pawn in Dawn's game she was done with it. Stabbing her in the shoulder was either an emotional mistake, or an attempt to wound but not kill her. Maybe she didn't expect Dawn to shoot her. Maybe she did, and wanted it to happen knowing one of Rick or Daryl would undoubtedly fire back in revenge. Who knows. Beth clearly wanted to get Dawn out of the way so things would be better at the hospital, that much I'm sure of.

As much as people complain about it, I think it's 100% intentional that Beth's death is sudden and "pointless" because that's the world they live in. Sometimes people die for no good reason. They don't have time to say goodbye, it just happens. I think that's why it hurt more than most major character deaths in the show; there was a very obvious buildup to it where they were in a perilous situation. Things seemed to be okay and then BANG, she's gone.

As much as people complain about it, I think it's 100% intentional that Beth's death is sudden and "pointless" because that's the world they live in. Sometimes people die for no good reason. They don't have time to say goodbye, it just happens. I think that's why it hurt more than most major character deaths in the show; there was a very obvious buildup to it where they were in a perilous situation. Things seemed to be okay and then BANG, she's gone

Agreed 100%

Still better than the Sophia / Farm story arc that was actually a waste of a season.

Exactly. I didn't see the sophia reveal coming the way it did so that was nice, but anyone who didnt know she was dead was kidding themselves.

• 2 months later...

Ok, does this series legit have an issue with having more than one black guy in the group at the same time? Because at first I thought it was just a funny coincidence, but now...Noah seriously better watch his back if any new brothas come into play.

Ok, does this series legit have an issue with having more than one black guy in the group at the same time? Because at first I thought it was just a funny coincidence, but now...Noah seriously better watch his back if any new brothas come into play.

Can't be, they still have Father Gabriel :P

Also Morgan's set to come back... gonna be interesting to see what happens.

Noah's fucked. Morgan's just around the corner and there was other news that popped up recently that made it obvious. That said, Father Gabriel is irrelevant really. He's notable right now but if they follow the comics, once they hit Alexandria he's going to disappear almost entirely.

TBH I think part of it was that Tyreese had just run his course -- at least in his show incarnation. I hoped they were gonna flip the script and make him the one-armed badass like Rick in the comics, but he just wasn't willing to do the dirty work. If you asked me two years ago if Sasha would outlive Tyreese I wouldn't have believed you, but here we are.

Edited by Sandro

TBH I think part of it was that Tyreese had just run his course -- at least in his show incarnation. I hoped they were gonna flip the script and make him the one-armed badass like Rick in the comics, but he just wasn't willing to do the dirty work. If you asked me two years ago if Sasha would outlive Tyreese I wouldn't have believed you, but here we are.

Oh I agree whole heartedly. Tyreese just wasn't cut out for the world they were living in, and it just kept becoming more and more obvious. Hell, he almost got a baby killed because he couldn't do what needed to be done.

Morgan will probably come back as soon as one or both of Noah and/or Gabriel dies. Like, they're all going to be in a hairy situation, and people are gonna be dropping, including Noah because his leg is all fucked and he didn't seem all that useful besides (#savedbythefence), and/or Gabriel because he's a gigantic pussy (#savedbyaboulder). Then when it seems all is doomed Morgan rolls up in a big ass vehicle, like a military humvee or some shit, and start blowing zombies away with his AK. Then he and Rick will make eye contact, have a silent moment, and finally Morgan will say something witty or heroic or some shit ("Remember that meaningful bit of the last conversation we had? Because I do, and it changed me, and now I'm here to join you. Now to apparently remove this arm of yours...") and the episode/season will end.

Don't count on Gabriel dying because when they get to the next location they're going to hole up in, he becomes a background character and little more. For the first time in a long time, the arrival of a stranger -- in this case, Aaron -- isn't a bad thing. He's a good guy. But him being there means there's a real big baddy just around the corner...

Tonight I realized that like every black character on TWD was on The Wire.

I don't remember T-Dogg.

Gabriel was Carver.

Tyrese was the boxer guy.

Bob was Deangelo Barksdale.

Only 3 I can currently recall? Also I realize you were exhaggerating but I decided to list some.