Walking Dead Thread

Sandro

I knew that one girl was messed up from the beginning but more than anything yay an episode worth having.

I knew she was messed up too, but not to that extent. Totally threw me off that she didn't end up killing herself and instead took her sister's life. That episode was great though, really had me glued to the screen which has been kinda rare with this season.

Can't wait to see how they play out this whole Terminus thing now, I have a feeling that shit is gonna get real once they arrive to this "safe haven"

Finally got to watching the newest episode as well. This show can be so infuriating and flat out bad at times, but at least this episode was decent. In general I have enjoyed the second half of this season a little more than most of the previous stuff, Seasons 2, 3 and 4.1 were just way too inconsistent and had too many elements that didn't work at all. Especially being bound to the same location never seems to work well for the series, so I think it's good that they are on the move and in different little groups now, although I expect that dynamic to change petty soon.

@Sandro: Please be careful with the comic spoilers, even your post attempting not to tell too much already was pretty spoiler-ish.

I enjoyed it.  I know what this is setting up.  The finale is going to be insane and this episode just confirmed it.

I don't consider this a spoiler but Terminus...well...seems a little too good to be true I would say.  I have a feeling someone like Michonne is going to eat it.  Either her or Carl (which I would deem much more unlikely). Just a gut feeling.

Edited by Advantage

I think last episode and the one tonight were the two best of the 2nd half of this season.  My problem is this whole half has been about learning more about the characters and how they have grown with the things they have had to deal with.  That part is good and great character development is an important part.  The pace at which the plot is unfolding though b/c its all about character elements has been so slow and this big build up they are finally eluding too I think is going to be over too quickly and kind of a let down.  Its going to end on some even bigger cliff hanger that we likely have to wait for next season or it will end right as some main character gets hurt or killed leaving you wondering.

I would have rather seen the other content in the earlier seasons spread out further to develop characters more back then rather than force these 45 minute episodes now showing only 2 characters walk and talk the whole time.

As I understand it, the back half of S3 was the way it was because they couldn't get scripts out the door. Basically, the old showrunner fucked a bunch of stuff up and Scott Gimple (who according to Kirkman knows more about the comics than he does) was effectively brought in the reboot the whole thing. So Season 4A basically un-fucked all the stuff that was fucked up in 3B, and now they've been exploring the characters like you said, Mike. I definitely think we're going to get a ridiculous cliffhanger, and I think I know what we're about to see happen after tonight's reveal of Terminus.

SPOILER* SPECULATION*

So the peeps at terminus are cannibals and they're serving up Beth to Rick and the rest of the group then there's a fight with the Terminus peeps and the marauders at different times. That's my prediction for the finale. 

Edited by Frank

I'm 100% certain that Terminus are cannibals, but I have a lot of other ideas that I'm not so certain of. If what I think is going to happen, happens... It's gonna be a gruesome episode.

Cannibalism seems a bit of a reach for me considering that SPOILER - that was a plot line in Telltale's game. 

Plus they seemed to have a ton of stuff growing about - I think they are just more brainwashed people, living in a sedentary state with another fucked up leader. The preview was just someone repeating Terminus' "mantra" with flashing lights - seems very brainwashy to me. Which could be to accept some cannibalism, but that just seems too easy to me, if I were writing it. 

Cannibalism was a plotline in the comics first. I think this is going to be a religious cult of cannibals, honestly. Apparently the leader of Terminus is a combination of two characters from the mic.

Nah they are just marauders in my opinion.

However, I do think they are going to do something that will traumatize Rick.

And yeah I'm with Sandro on the cannabilism theory.  It's pretty clearly not Darryl's group so I have to think Terminus is it.

Think about...draw them in and then shoot them down and then drag them to cook them.

The show makes me all like, "Man, what is the DEAL with this biker gang Daryl's rolling with?"  And then it doesn't matter because they're fucking dead.

That scene was incredibly awesome, but how fucking incompetent were those guys?  "Hey man, here's the deal, we're going to beat your friend to death, rape your kid and other friend, then kill you, sound good?  Better not try anything, we each have a gun to your heads!"  *Rick tries something* *No one else does anything in response*  "WE ARE WAY TOO DEDICATED TO MAKING YOU SUFFER AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE THAT IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER THAT YOU ARE SLOWLY GAINING THE UPPER HAND!"  Rick murders the fuck out of everyone.

Like, what the fuck were those guys expecting.  They thought a dude might just sit there and watch his family and friends get murder raped because he has a gun to his head?  The absence of logic boggled my mind.  If the whole scenario didn't kick so much ass, I'd be annoyed.

Also, "So what happened to Beth?  Did she die?"  "No, she's just...gone."  She...she was kidnapped.  You could probably just say that.  Why the ambiguity?

The show makes me all like, "Man, what is the DEAL with this biker gang Daryl's rolling with?"  And then it doesn't matter because they're fucking dead.

That scene was incredibly awesome, but how fucking incompetent were those guys?  "Hey man, here's the deal, we're going to beat your friend to death, rape your kid and other friend, then kill you, sound good?  Better not try anything, we each have a gun to your heads!"  *Rick tries something* *No one else does anything in response*  "WE ARE WAY TOO DEDICATED TO MAKING YOU SUFFER AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE THAT IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER THAT YOU ARE SLOWLY GAINING THE UPPER HAND!"  Rick murders the fuck out of everyone.

Like, what the fuck were those guys expecting.  They thought a dude might just sit there and watch his family and friends get murder raped because he has a gun to his head?  The absence of logic boggled my mind.  If the whole scenario didn't kick so much ass, I'd be annoyed.

I'm going to chalk it up to their whole "claimed" thing. Rick headbutted Joe but wasn't doing anything, he was stunned. Rick threw a punch but Joe knocked Rick down and he wasn't getting back up, and then Joe said had it under control. In a way, their code ultimately ended up being their downfall.

Also, "So what happened to Beth?  Did she die?"  "No, she's just...gone."  She...she was kidnapped.  You could probably just say that.  Why the ambiguity?

Because no one knows. It's a bit of a Schrodinger's Cat scenario, she could be seen as both dead and alive right now. I figured the big cliffhanger to end the season would be someone snooping around Terminus and finding a chopped up and nearly dead Beth stored away somewhere. Since that didn't happen -- and assuming that's not being saved for next season -- the cross on the back of the car that kidnapped her leads me to believe we'll be meeting a character from the comics early next season: Gabriel.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...