Mason Richardson Retires

Kendrick

Well eight seasons will conclude at the end of this upcoming season. Figured I'd join a team that has a chance at knocking off Helsinki and then hopefully exposing the NA Conference. Not a bad career thus far winning a cup in Season 42. Won a Alexander Beketov Trophy and hopefully an Orr Trophy from this past season. On to a different player (my 27th in this league). Cheers!

"Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night."

My greatest regret as GM was not trusting my instincts with both you and O'Malley. I was so afraid of "losing value" that I quickly traded you, and him, at the first opportune times. While you weren't as big of a award winner you still had a solid career and you have to be the frontrunner for the Labatte this season. Good luck with the next one sir, was fun GMing Richardson for a portion. 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

My greatest regret as GM was not trusting my instincts with both you and O'Malley. I was so afraid of "losing value" that I quickly traded you, and him, at the first opportune times. While you weren't as big of a award winner you still had a solid career and you have to be the frontrunner for the Labatte this season. Good luck with the next one sir, was fun GMing Richardson for a portion. 

I think overall I would've had to leave anyways when it came to cap. That and I always felt Richardson was second fiddle to Green. No offence to him but he did demand a lot more from the organization. I'm happy I was able to stay put in successful playoff teams in all 7 seasons so far, one more to go!

3 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

So its safe to retire now and still play my 8th year?

Yes you may do so! But being your captain for the past few seasons I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't tell you to claim your Training Camp and other things when they pop up. Might as beat beat Depreciation by a bit. It was an honour to play as your defensive partner and I wish you all the best in your personal life as I know it has been hard.

6 minutes ago, Phil said:

Best defenseman of this generation. Well played. Look forward to doing battle with him for one last season :)

I look forward to it as well!

That Styx song is a personal fave too because the piano is sexy work!

• Commissioner

Well, there goes any chance I had of leading the draft class in TPE haha

Great career, hopefully we can manage to play together again with our new guys.

13 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Well, there goes any chance I had of leading the draft class in TPE haha

Great career, hopefully we can manage to play together again with our new guys.

Given I had to wait to retire him, I won't lead the draft class either. There is a good chance I'll be 4th overall!

6 minutes ago, Donald Trump said:

Maybe head back to forward where you saw success

Uh...what? There is a HOF'er sitting in there who is a defensemen haha. Not only that I had a goaltender with tons of success. #historylesson