Mobile Layout screwed up

Beketov

• Commissioner

This has been happening for a few months now (on my old phone and my new one) but I haven't bothered posting before now.

The layout on mobile has decided to basically only use half my screen, see the attached photo. Is anyone else experiencing this? I can zoom in but it's annoying and I shouldn't have to on every page.

281v9z5.jpg

Edited by Beketov

• Commissioner

Well I really don't want to switch to Chrime because everything is synced with my computers via Safari and zooming in every page is a pain in the ass so  could we maybe get this looked at?

• Senior Admin

It's because of the advertisement at the bottom of the page (you may not even see it if you have adblocker), but it seems that Chrome is capable of scaling it properly and other browsers don't. Likely because its a google ad. 

• Commissioner
34 minutes ago, Draper said:

It's because of the advertisement at the bottom of the page (you may not even see it if you have adblocker), but it seems that Chrome is capable of scaling it properly and other browsers don't. Likely because its a google ad. 

Was the ad not there before? It used to work fine.

• Commissioner
11 hours ago, StevenStamkos91 said:

is it just me or do bad things happen to you when you make a goalie? :P jk 

To be fair this was happening when I was still with Miller, I just never got around to bitching about it haha

It's actually a problem with the custom skin - the default skin doesn't do it. Some part of the custom skin isn't coded correctly to scale based on screen size.

That or the default skin doesn't have the ad?

Edited by Molholt

• Commissioner
31 minutes ago, Molholt said:

It's actually a problem with the custom skin - the default skin doesn't do it. Some part of the custom skin isn't coded correctly to scale based on screen size.

That or the default skin doesn't have the ad?

Thats true, there does seem to be a different skin at the bottom labelled "mobile version" that looks similar and works, aside from some weird coding errors st the top. Don't know if it will just save my choice while on mobile though so we shall see.

There doesn't seem to be an ad on mobile version so that does seem to be what's causing the issue. I'd have to see the code to have any chance of figuring out the problem. For now I'll try the mobile theme and hope it doesn't try to make me use it in my computer haha

3 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Thats true, there does seem to be a different skin at the bottom labelled "mobile version" that looks similar and works, aside from some weird coding errors st the top. Don't know if it will just save my choice while on mobile though so we shall see.

There doesn't seem to be an ad on mobile version so that does seem to be what's causing the issue. I'd have to see the code to have any chance of figuring out the problem. For now I'll try the mobile theme and hope it doesn't try to make me use it in my computer haha

I just use the default skin - it switches to mobile automatically. 

• Commissioner
5 minutes ago, Molholt said:

I just use the default skin - it switches to mobile automatically. 

Damn ugly though haha.

To be honest, the mobile version on a desktop looks relatively normal. There are definitely a few glitches here and there but it mostly works.

If someone with access wants to post or PM me the code for the RED skin though (Blackout does it as well since it's probably based on the same code) I can try to reverse engineer it and figure out where the coding issue is.

27 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Damn ugly though haha.

To be honest, the mobile version on a desktop looks relatively normal. There are definitely a few glitches here and there but it mostly works.

If someone with access wants to post or PM me the code for the RED skin though (Blackout does it as well since it's probably based on the same code) I can try to reverse engineer it and figure out where the coding issue is.

I prefer the look of it - I'm primarily on at work, so its inconspicuous lol.