S47 VHL This Week Trivia: The Finale

Victor

• Admin

I quite enjoyed that edition for some reason. Probably because it was slightly different.

Anyway, congrats to New York on winning their 4th cup since expansion (that's the most) and here are the delayed answers:

:nya: 
How many finals did New York lose between their first and second Continental Cups?
ANSWER: Before NY was the model franchise of the VHL, they were the laughing stock. Last ones to win their 1st cup in S14, the Americans then waited til S32 to win their 2nd. In that time, they lost 5 finals, including one to Vasteras (their only cup since S1) and including 4 straight (S25 to S28). Poor guys.

:sto: 
How many Continental Cup finals have involved a team based in Sweden?
ANSWER: Kind of a trick? Maybe. Vasteras made two finals before relocation to Madrid, where they made a 3rd but Madrid's in Spain so Vasteras made 3 in total when they came back and won the cup in S26 (beating NY as seen above). Stockholm as a city has been to the finals twice - once in S47 as we just saw, and once way back in S4, when they actually beat Vasteras on the way there. Because Stockholm back then was Riga now.

Also Stockholm back then were the Rams but they started off as the Thunder, which was the name of Madrid which is Vasteras which is now Stockholm. It's pretty confusing even to type.

So basically, 5 finals. The same amount as Vasteras/Madrid/Stockholm, but you take off Madrid and add on a different Stockholm. Phewf.

Question for both:
This is the second time the New York and Stockholm franchises meet in the finals. Before their first encounter, which one had more finals appearances?

ANSWER: Definitely a trick. They both had 3! Before Vasteras broke their curse in S26 and extended NY's, Vasteras had made the finals in S1 and S2 and then as Madrid in S18. New York in the meantime made them in S13 and S14 and then in S25, the start of the 4 straight they all lost.

NY has finally had their revenge in S47, while also showing Vasteras how to properly turn things around.

1 capped TPE goes to:
CowboyinAmerica
fever95
Green
gregreg

Higgins
jaladolar
JardyB10
Kendrick

Mike
Mr. Power
Phil
solas

sterling
StevenStamkos91
Streetlight
Velevra

And here's the FINAL S47 leaderboard, + the uncapped TPE that goes with it:

5 TPE
Velevra - 16

sterling - 15
CowboyinAmerica - 14
Phil - 14

also 5 TPE to me because @Draper said so in S44. Or S45.

4 TPE
fever95 - 13
Kendrick - 13
JardyB10 - 12

3 TPE
Ahma - 10
DollarAndADream - 10
Streetlight - 10
STZ - 7
Smarch - 7

2 TPE
solas - 5
boubabi - 4
der meister - 4
gorlab - 4
gregreg - 4
Higgins - 4

Mike - 3

1 TPE
DGFX. - 2
diamond_ace - 2
evrydayimbyfuglien - 2
Green - 2
jaladolar - 2
Kylrad - 2
StevenStamkos91 - 2
Mr. Power - 1

I will be seeing you here in Season 48.

:cheers::vhl:

• Admin
On 3/7/2016 at 4:14 AM, sterling said:

Unless I got -1 for answering the last two questions

It appears I never opened your PM, probably only saw the email about it, so updated. You did get an answer wrong one week I believe, not that it affects anything.

2 minutes ago, Victor said:

It appears I never opened your PM, probably only saw the email about it, so updated. You did get an answer wrong one week I believe, not that it affects anything.

It affects your status of being banned