2014 Olympics

TheLastOlympian07

The "hot" symbolizes how Sochi is sort of a "resort" city for Russia. It's a lot warmer there than a lot of Russia. The "cool/cold" represents how it is the Winter Games. The "yours" is just the marketing for the Games to make it the people's games.

More info here: http://www.sochi2014.com/en/news-sochi-2014-reveals-its-slogan

The "hot" symbolizes how Sochi is sort of a "resort" city for Russia. It's a lot warmer there than a lot of Russia. The "cool/cold" represents how it is the Winter Games. The "yours" is just the marketing for the Games to make it the people's games.

More info here: http://www.sochi2014.com/en/news-sochi-2014-reveals-its-slogan

Haha make it the people's game. That's ironic since it's Putin's and Russia is a big shady country.

Blind hate, yay, we were missing that.

How is it Blind Hate? It's no secret Russia is a scamming country with more problems than most. "We", you aren't Russian.

I heard all Germans are Nazis.

See once again that's a stupid comment. I was talking about a motto and how Ironic it is. It is no secret that these games have been scarred by Putin and all the political bullshit. If you think otherwise you might be more blind to it than you believe I am. Russia as a country is not looked at too highly by a large majority of the world, that is no lie. Before you say "well thats western media talking for you", I watch News from my hometown as well as my cousins hometown on a weekly basis and it's the overall conclusion.

Simply put. The "Yours" meaning "The peoples Olympics" is ironic as it is the complete opposite of what these games will be known for. But I see your Nazi comment and I'd be ashamed to say that if I were you, but I'm not surprised.

My comment is what you sound like. racist, stereotypical, prejudicial, etc.

Hardly. I am mocking a motto and what it claims to be. Russia is a corrupt country with a large majority of political issues. How is that being racist if I'm stating what others already know?

You however are saying all German's are Nazi's, which beyond being totally false is quite offensive. What I said was not offensive, it is what Russia has shown the world. I see what you are trying to say, but you are so off.

so what you said is not offensive? I'm not offended right now?

I don't see how calling the country corrupt and the political background corrupt is offensive to anyone but the government officials?

Whatever, if you think I was offending the natives and people of Russia you got the wrong impression. I said the government is corrupt and if anyone was to deem that offensive it would be the government itself. If you think "The Peoples Games" is spot on then maybe we have a difference of opinion seeing as well before these they were deemed as "Putin's Games". But I'll drop it seeing as I am considered a racist Nazi.

• Admin

You have always hated Russia. And you always nitpick everything about Russia. Just like now. Same with everything else you don't like, from VHL members to well a lot of fucking things.

So. Judgemental. Maybe if you weren't so judgemental we'd get along.

You have always hated Russia. And you always nitpick everything about Russia. Just like now. Same with everything else you don't like, from VHL members to well a lot of fucking things.

So. Judgemental. Maybe if you weren't so judgemental we'd get along.

I have always hated Russia? Since when? I've hated Russian names for players, as I find them hard to say and you can't blame me as learning two languages growing up puts a strain on an individual.

Judgemental? I am judgemental in a way yes, but that doesn't mean I am racist. If you have an issue with me no need to call me a Nazi or racist. I simply was stating something that was already known by the majority of the world. Even if I wasn't judgemental we wouldn't get along. As through it all I'm still not as selfish as you and never will be. You put yourself first before this league and it's not even a hidden fact. I've put tons of time into recruiting and getting awareness going for this league for no ay or anything, I do it cause I've cared about this place. One of the reasons this league is still going is because of everyone else. You are just a figurehead and really bring a lot of negativity to a lot of areas. Do I hate you? No but you certainly have made it less fun here for a lot of people including myself, David, Phil and others who I have talked to since they've left. Your tenure has no true positive influence here, but oh well I guess it's fine to sit back and take control even with "two" supposedly equal other Commissioners on the watch.

You can deny it. Just like you denied tampering. Doesn't make it untrue.

Deny what? I admitted I am judgement. I admitted I can't stand Russian names, but I won't say I hate Russia entirely. I have Russian roots. I will denier tampering because anyone I talked too who was signed was in the Free Agency area of talks. But whatever, you keep denying you that you've scared old members away with the bullshit too.

Back to the actual thread though. Slovenia beating Slovakia, does this mean Slovenia actually has a shot going forward?

Is it just me or does it not seem like anada has a lot of whiney bitch athletes? Every news story is a Canadian athlete or coach bitching about something, makes us look bad.

I was a little surprised with the Patrick Chan news. He is 23 years old (I think?) and he says he may retire from the Olympics and it seems like it's based off never winning a gold. There is a ton of pressure on him in his field but to get a silver if freaking amazing. In my mind he needs to man up and realize that a silver is more than anyone else can say in Mens Canadian Figure Skating championship other then the few who have won silver as well.

I thought it was pretty ballsy of Slava Voynov to call Quick out like that.  His words after the game were something like "I play with him, I know how he plays" accusing him of purposely knocking the net of it's moorings.  I don't know I just thought that was a pretty big statement to make.