2014 Olympics

TheLastOlympian07

South Korea has 2018? Why would IOC give a country that is being publicly threatened night and day by attacks and bombing the opportunity to hold the single biggest event in the world today.

Because those threats come solely from North Korea. If there were threats from other nations then surely they would look at it, but the minute Kim Jong-Un does anything, he has a whole world of hurt coming too him.

So the swiss women's goalie played like a freaking boss against canada.  She had a .927 save percentage despite letting in 5 goals (she made 64 stops).  Imagine how bad ass she would be on an actually good team :P

Like they say, a good goaltender can steal these tournaments at time. I think Huet did it once with France and Gerber with Switzerland. Also I remember a goalie from Slovakia? or Czech Republic? Stealing the shot in a World Juniors.

Because those threats come solely from North Korea. If there were threats from other nations then surely they would look at it, but the minute Kim Jong-Un does anything, he has a whole world of hurt coming too him.

Why flirt with that risk? That whole family is unpredictable as shit.

Because the IOC will look at it as if N.Korea does anything the whole world would be involved so they would eliminate them. There is risk in Russia as well, but the games are going ahead.

Because the IOC will look at it as if N.Korea does anything the whole world would be involved so they would eliminate them. There is risk in Russia as well, but the games are going ahead.

This is where government is corrupt, if that is their mentality. It gives them a reason to fight but hey man, fuck the 10000 plus in attendance right?

Edited by 8Ovechkin8

This is where government is corrupt, if that is their mentality. It gives them a reason to fight but hey man, fuck the 10000 plus in attendance right?

The American way of looking at things. If something happens we will kill them back (eye for an eye). I like to call it the reaction mentality instead of the prevention mentality. Important to note that the IOC is not shown the negative things with politics in a given country, they have to go on what they know.

the russian women's goalie and their curling team are ridiculously attractive, I think they are trying to beautiful their way to a medal

Also the german women's goalie is also super pretty

Not so sure about that

designleft4.jpg

Works for my standards. Also, how many times can you say you've bagged an Olympian?

(Side note: One of my best friends dated a girl in high school who didn't make the Olympic team but had a damn good shot. A lot of figure skaters, including Johnny Weir, train in Delaware. The amount of focus they have to put into figure skating and absolutely nothing else is kinda scary.)