2014 Olympics

TheLastOlympian07

I think that second line makes a lot of sense as Sharp and Toews have been dynamite together and Nash is somewhat similar to Hossa in terms of style of play.

Well maybe. Hossa is a lot better defensively than Nash is.

i like Carter there, goal finisher. Shoot first. Carter is more of a Kane in a sense with less puck handling skills.

Just so you are aware, Kane doesn't play on the Sharp/Toews line. I see what you are trying to say though. However Coach is more correct in thinking a Hossa type is better than a Kane type in that spot. I'd rather see Bergeron with them for some strange reason.

Just so you are aware, Kane doesn't play on the Sharp/Toews line. I see what you are trying to say though. However Coach is more correct in thinking a Hossa type is better than a Kane type in that spot. I'd rather see Bergeron with them for some strange reason.

I'd love to see Bergereon somewhere in the top 12, but from what I'm hearing he's basically going to end up getting dressed as the 13th forward depending on the team they face. Against top flight offensive teams like Russia and Sweden watch for him to dress and play more minutes. But they'll likely keep the other F and dress him over Bergereon for the PP. 

I still find it really interesting that we went for pretty much an all out chemistry line up. In a way it could be a big plus for us but at the same time doing the three chemistry duo's locks up 6 players from your top 9 right there. Going to make who to throw with them an interesting debate. 

He should, Bergeron would be interesting. Im really loving the Crosby/Stamkos combo... Stamkos goals for days. 

Kunitz - Crosby - Stamkos

Sharp - Toews - Tavares

Marleau - Getzlaf - Perry

Benn - Bergeron - Carter

Nash - Duchene

these would be my lins now that i think of it.

I don't know i like a Nash/Duchene/Carter line. For some reason it has a mixture of a whole bunch of things and it could be a sweet 4th.

Duncan Keith - Drew Doughty

Jay Bouwmeester - Shea Weber

Dan Hamhuis - Alex Pietraneglo'

M-E Vlasic - P.K Subban

Roberto Luongo 

Carey Price

Mike Smith

honestly i would have Broduer over Smith too

Marty is over man. As a Devils fan he isn't his old self (which is saying a lot). 

IMO:

Keith - Doughty (Mixture of D and O)

Pietrangelo - Weber (Mixture of D and O)

Hamhuis - Subban (Mixture of both D and O)

it would be a no brainer to remove bouwm and piet imo

for me, Keith - Weber

Bouwm-Piet

Vlasic- doughty

I second that and have PK as the 7th dressed, who will probably see time on PP/limited minutes

Pies-Doughty please, my two favorite defenseman.

Awesome to see Carts gets a shot on Team Canada, he has been playing amazing hockey since he got to LA.

Likely won't happen. Not exactly the best pair you could find with the 8 on the team. Great players in their own minds but I don't see them working together as good as say Doughty and Keith

Likely won't happen. Not exactly the best pair you could find with the 8 on the team. Great players in their own minds but I don't see them working together as good as say Doughty and Keith

Oh obviously it's going to be Doughty and Keith, they were a force in the last tournament and I doubt they even think about splitting them up.

• 2 weeks later...

Jonathan Quick has been a force since returning from injury, perhaps ready to solidify the starting job for USA? Although the article that was released seemed that management wanted him in net anyways. I want Quick to start, but part of me wants him to get rested up during this break and also I don't want to have to cheer against him (I root for Canada in the Olympics due to me having citizenship for both, my dad being an Ontario native. But also because USA players for the most part give off a huge douche vibe).

Jonathan Quick has been a force since returning from injury, perhaps ready to solidify the starting job for USA? Although the article that was released seemed that management wanted him in net anyways. I want Quick to start, but part of me wants him to get rested up during this break and also I don't want to have to cheer against him (I root for Canada in the Olympics due to me having citizenship for both, my dad being an Ontario native. But also because USA players for the most part give off a huge douche vibe).

go back to canada plox