LR Suggestion

• Admin
3 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

That's quite narrow minded thinking

Not really. Most people stick to what they know and prefer that.

Thinking that LRs at the top will improve LR activity is like saying removing the chat will increase posting in general.

I'll be honest, this seems like a dumb argument. If you want to mostly stay in your LR then make that your bookmark. If you want to read all the other stuff then you're going to scroll through the whole site anyways. Everybody wins.

2 minutes ago, Victor said:

Not really. Most people stick to what they know and prefer that.

Thinking that LRs at the top will improve LR activity is like saying removing the chat will increase posting in general.

So what are we going to do to increase activity, since this league is in an apparent crisis

Just now, Victor said:

not listen to the doom merchants for a start

How about change things? Or are we just going to sit here?

just looking for some communication from the higher ups, since I've heard some of them say we need to fix this site but haven't seen anything posted about the sites course of action

• Admin
15 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

How about change things? Or are we just going to sit here?

just looking for some communication from the higher ups, since I've heard some of them say we need to fix this site but haven't seen anything posted about the sites course of action

I dunno who said that. All that's being discussed is some potential improvements for S50.

Obviously, it would be great for more activity although all the panic is unfounded - it's not really a huge change from before. But,

1. There's no simple solution

2. LRs at the top are not a solution. It's just taking one successful aspect from a completely different league structure and hoping it works.

18 hours ago, flyersfan1493 said:

Honestly...does anyone even care about the LRs? Should just #BringBackChat and discuss in the general forums anyway.

yes pls bring back og chat ;)

10 minutes ago, Victor said:

I dunno who said that. All that's being discussed is some potential improvements for S50.

Obviously, it would be great for more activity although all the panic is unfounded - it's not really a huge change from before. But,

2. LRs at the top are not a solution. It's just taking one successful aspect from a completely different league structure and hoping it works.

I think people are forgetting that correlation does not equal causation. I highly doubt that people only post in the LR because they see it, people post because they have something to say or people they want to talk to. If you want activity to increase then you need to give people a reason to be active, it could even be something like awarding a TPE bonus to someone who creates a media piece that generates the a lot of discussion.

5 hours ago, Victor said:

Better or they're just biased because that's the only way they knew.

I started out on the VHL before the SHL, and I agree with OP

SUCK IT @Victor

Just now, Victor said:

I mean only an expert in the art would be able to switch position from goaltender.

I catch n score, plz excuse my talents.

2 minutes ago, Victor said:

but didn't want to play in goal?

I took one too many shots, but not nearly as many as you Mr. Clegane.

1 minute ago, Victor said:

well of course, what kind of amateur takes too many shots

fucking lightweight

You should of seen @JardyB10 's lines. I think he enjoyed all the shots I took to the face.

1 hour ago, Victor said:

The 'huge' recruitment drive and the conversation in the April fools thread is where I'm getting that from

It's not just that moving the LR will fix everything. But as it is now LRs are pretty much dead, I know until I got all my new recreates in Saskatoon LR that I was posting over half of the replies trying desperately to keep people active and interested. I see other sites where the LR is at the top that seem to be more active. like SHL(keep in mind I joined this site first) that I have had a lot of fun with recently for the main purpose that the LR has been amazing. Even the SBL, after its big fiasco and having like every staff member changed, still has much more LR activity than here. On the other hand I look here and see that last year I could almost forget that the Seattle LR existed. It's not a be all end all solution, i have never said that, but it works for other leagues, so maybe it could help here.

also, You guys are saying that you want to move discussion to the boards rather than the LR. do we even have that at the moment?...