Edition 288

STZ

Nice edition gents

@ADwyer87, it was Blake, not Brian Campbell. And actually rebuilding Calgary offered him a contract out of pity. And the goaltending situation is very interesting now. It has reached an equilibrium with 9 goalies for 10 teams, but with many of these goalies now in their prime or older like WinGod, there will be a bit of a goalie defecit in a few seasons. There is at least Enigmatic coming into the draft as the sole active goalie, but even she is more of just a welfare type. 

And @Victor I am loving the cup champion reads

26 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

Nice edition gents

@ADwyer87, it was Blake, not Brian Campbell. And actually rebuilding Calgary offered him a contract out of pity. And the goaltending situation is very interesting now. It has reached an equilibrium with 9 goalies for 10 teams, but with many of these goalies now in their prime or older like WinGod, there will be a bit of a goalie defecit in a few seasons. There is at least Enigmatic coming into the draft as the sole active goalie, but even she is more of just a welfare type. 

And @Victor I am loving the cup champion reads

Blake Shmake! :P yeah Ik you guys gave him a contract, but like you said it was just out of pity.

and that's what I was thinking about looking at the VHLM. Everyone was staying far far away from goalies when recreating (Enigmatic is a first gen correct?) but most of the goalies seem at least past halfway down their careers. I'm just wondering if the VHL members are going to be proactive and make goalies before then, or if soon they'll be a lack of good goalies and the league will scramble to find some.

5 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

Blake Shmake! :P yeah Ik you guys gave him a contract, but like you said it was just out of pity.

and that's what I was thinking about looking at the VHLM. Everyone was staying far far away from goalies when recreating (Enigmatic is a first gen correct?) but most of the goalies seem at least past halfway down their careers. I'm just wondering if the VHL members are going to be proactive and make goalies before then, or if soon they'll be a lack of good goalies and the league will scramble to find some.

It'll happen. People will flock to an opportunity. That's the reason that I created Wingate when I did - it was pretty much the exact same situation, where three great goalies in Wahl, Szatkowski and Brookside were nearing the end of their careers. They soon retired off after Wingate's rookie season, and since I created with carryover at the deadline I had more TPE than Sinclair and Campbell pretty quickly, fighting only against DT and Hybrid's guys. Give it until the S51 and S52 drafts (especially if 2 players is implemented), and you'll see people flocking to be the third contender to Beketov and Toast in S53 on.

4 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

It'll happen. People will flock to an opportunity. That's the reason that I created Wingate when I did - it was pretty much the exact same situation, where three great goalies in Wahl, Szatkowski and Brookside were nearing the end of their careers. They soon retired off after Wingate's rookie season, and since I created with carryover at the deadline I had more TPE than Sinclair and Campbell pretty quickly, fighting only against DT and Hybrid's guys. Give it until the S51 and S52 drafts (especially if 2 players is implemented), and you'll see people flocking to be the third contender to Beketov and Toast in S53 on.

Oh I'm sure it'll happen, it just seemed like the Campbell thing caught a lot of people off guard, so I didn't know if them regressing would too and there would be a year or two that lacked in goaltending. 

• Commissioner

Only 1 of my cup teams in Victor's bottom 6, I'll take it!

Although the trade discussion made me sound like a complete scrub that Davos could never stand a chance with :(