2016-2017 NHL Discussion

Kendrick

11 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Oh the follow up was total pussy mode. The hit itself was great and I'd encourage that. Emelin does have a reputation for never facing the music though. But come on Smarch, this is a team that complains when their defensemen run opposing players into Carey Price, they are not the brightest stars in the sky.

I just couldn't imagine going back to that locker room after running and hiding behind my goalie. I'd tell the trainer to bring me my clothes and I'd change in my car

If you don't it yet, emelin suffered from a fight injury in the khl that results him from having a metal piece in his cheek. If he receives another sucker punch on the cheek, his career is over

But of course, i don't expect you to know that. (Kendrick)

Edited by boubabi

2 minutes ago, boubabi said:

What if carey price knew that and tried to protect his teammate (like anyone would)

But again, who knows !!! He might be a pussy !!!

He just knew price is an Indian so his redness would protect him

5 minutes ago, Smarch said:

I just couldn't imagine going back to that locker room after running and hiding behind my goalie. I'd tell the trainer to bring me my clothes and I'd change in my car

Yeah that would be hard to really own up to at the end. I mean from what I know, Emelin is a strong hockey player and fighting wouldn't be a bad idea.

Price had a hard time with NJ a few days ago and it sucked to see him get bumped a lot because he is the best goalie in the league. It's just funny because the majority of the time his own team was pushing forwards into him, much like Kreider in the past. I remember Habs fans scream blooding murder even though Markov had caused the injury.

But hey, only the Habs can have excuses for not fighting.

1 minute ago, boubabi said:

Carey had a hard time in nj?

You mean nj had a hard time with carey. Have you watched the game ?

You obviously read into my comment the wrong way. The Habs whopped NJ on the score. It was the physical aspect that was strange. Palmieri was shoved into Price and then Price got some blocker shots in. Those blocker shots should've been a match penalty, not that it mattered in that game anyways but that's the rules. Habs are classic at pushing opposing players in and then screaming at the refs. It's getting to be a script with them.

Have you ever wore ice skate? When the player is diving feet first into tour goalie, he isn't trying to "protect the goalie", he's trying to protect his own ass. If you had 2 serious injuries happening because of that, you might loose your temper as well at some point.

But again, not expecting any compassion from your habs hating ass

1 minute ago, boubabi said:

Have you ever wore ice skate? When the player is diving feet first into tour goalie, he isn't trying to "protect the goalie", he's trying to protect his own ass. If you had 2 serious injuries happening because of that, you might loose your temper as well at some point.

But again, not expecting any compassion from your habs hating ass

Not Habs hating at all. In fact I will point out that Petry pulled Palmieri away from price, he didn't hold him down like the rest of the internet thinks. When a guy is pushed from behind into your goalie, what exactly is the player supposed to do to avoid the goalie? I think the Habs need a lesson on not pushing opposing players backs so close to a sprawled out goaltender who happens to be the most valuable player to any team. It says a lot afterwards that the only person that ever stands up for Price, is Carey Price himself. Like Smarch said, the team is very soft and they will be smoked again down the line. I don't at all think Carey is in the wrong, and if I got hit I'd protect myself as well. But no one was being dirty before that. The Habs brought that upon their own goalie.

2 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Do you really think the D will let untouched anyone crashing the net ? God kendrick, stay away from hockey, plz

Im not exactly sure what you are trying to say here. If you are trying to say:

"Do I really think that the Habs D would allow someone who runs the goalie be untouched after awards?" - Yes yes I do considering they didn't do anything, like the past as well.

The thing is is that Henrique was also pushed into the goalie on his way to the net and the Habs D just looked around for a penalty. I get the act of drawing penalties, but pushing guys into your prized possession isn't the way to do it. I like Carey standing up for himself because Carey is a good guy, a good goalie and to a certain degree he deserves to be protected. However, going by the rules that is a match penalty.

1 hour ago, brovy said:

Check the stats, Carey is not the best in the league.

Just because Dubnyk has the best stats now, doesn't mean he is the best. I say that because in pro sports you need to take into fact their past couple season as well. Andrew Hammond would've been the best in the league at one point by your definition, and look at him now.

2 hours ago, Kendrick said:

Just because Dubnyk has the best stats now, doesn't mean he is the best. I say that because in pro sports you need to take into fact their past couple season as well. Andrew Hammond would've been the best in the league at one point by your definition, and look at him now.

Dubnyk has been the best goalie in the league this season.

This thread is pretty funny guys, making for some good reading, keep it up! 

Also...Caps hold Vancouver to 1 PP shot in 10 PP minutes. Like how? I get that Sedins are old, but silly. Niskanen back means Caps can finally play defense again. Oh and John Carlson is turning into Mike Green 2.0 for me. That boy is so determined that his giant ass one timer is going to hit the net yet he misses it more times than I can count. Like all our bad defensive plays are on him or Orlov. Even Taylor Chourney is better in his own end right now. It's a good thing Carlson can skate and the other half the time his hockey IQ is competent because man, he is just baffling sometimes. 

13 minutes ago, brovy said:

Dubnyk has been the best goalie in the league this season.

I get that, but consistency is key. Dybnyk had a great 14-15 campaign and people were saying he had finally reached his potential. Then 15-16 happened and people forgot about him again. If you were to ask any person with a brain which goalie they would take to start their franchise right now, it would be Price.

1 minute ago, Mr. Power said:

Also...Caps hold Vancouver to 1 PP shot in 10 PP minutes. Like how? I get that Sedins are old, but silly. Niskanen back means Caps can finally play defense again. Oh and John Carlson is turning into Mike Green 2.0 for me. That boy is so determined that his giant ass one timer is going to hit the net yet he misses it more times than I can count. Like all our bad defensive plays are on him or Orlov. Even Taylor Chourney is better in his own end right now. It's a good thing Carlson can skate and the other half the time his hockey IQ is competent because man, he is just baffling sometimes. 

Don't you ever talk shit about Mike Green! He had the best car in the league.

20 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

Canucks r trash bud, I bet it was a shot by Stetcher too.

6 minutes ago, brovy said:

Canucks r trash bud, I bet it was a shot by Stetcher too.

Yeah thats a safe bet. He is the only guy that they have that puts his shot on net from the point. Alex Elder isn't playing but gosh has he taken a turn for the worst.