2016-2017 NHL Discussion

Kendrick

8 minutes ago, Fire Hakstol said:

Filppula 4th and 7th to Flyers

Streit to Tampa, then Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh 4th to Tampa

I can't think of another win-win-win trade like this?

Flyers get a 2bC/3C for a good cap hit, but only 1 year. Fills a glaring hole in the top 9, possibly opens up a spot for one of Morin/Hagg for this year. Get 2 more draft picks.

Tampa no longer has to protect Filppula in the expansion draft since he had a NMC and can use his money to re-sign their RFAs.

Pittsburgh gets a decent PP QB and someone who's not a complete liability at ES for relatively cheap.

But they already had Ben Roethlisberger!

3 hours ago, Kendrick said:

Okay so we got rid of Kyle Quincey (good riddance) and got rid of PA Paranteau who might just be the softest player in the NHL. Good deadline for us.

Also, how about that Curtis Lazar trade? Ottawa finally got a trade right.

trading lazar and kostka for jokipakka and a 2nd is good for ottawa? lol no

Just now, TheLastOlympian07 said:

trading lazar and kostka for jokipakka and a 2nd is good for ottawa? lol no

Yes it is. Kostka is just a throw in because realistically he is just a top 2 D in the NHL. Lazar couldn't crack a lineup that lacks any sort of skill in the bottom 6. Also Lazar can't skate and you are largely overrating him. He might have been a Team Canada stud, but we've seen several of those who don't turn into NHL players. (ex. Gormley, Scott Harrington, etc..)

4 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Yes it is. Kostka is just a throw in because realistically he is just a top 2 D in the NHL. Lazar couldn't crack a lineup that lacks any sort of skill in the bottom 6. Also Lazar can't skate and you are largely overrating him. He might have been a Team Canada stud, but we've seen several of those who don't turn into NHL players. (ex. Gormley, Scott Harrington, etc..)

nah, but whatever i think its a terrible deal. but i guess we will see in a few years because i mean. Jokipakka who cleared waivers yesterday and a 2nd round pick in a weak draft

4 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

nah, but whatever i think its a terrible deal. but i guess we will see in a few years because i mean. Jokipakka who cleared waivers yesterday and a 2nd round pick in a weak draft

Lazar asked for a trade and that was a huge mistake from him. Players sit in Grand Rapids for 3 years only to be called up to Detroit here and there because that is the process. Lazar wanted the fast track in a league where his skating isn't even above average. Jokipakka is as proven as Lazar is, so not sure the comparisons isn't fair.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, gregreg said:

That Leafs/Bruins game last night was something else. 

It was a good game to watch. Andersen had a couple big saves in the 3rd and then ole Dom Moore took a stupid penalty and Bozie scored followed by empty net city.

Old Lou up in the press box didn't even flinch when bozak scored lol, what a veteran.

19 minutes ago, Devise said:

If NHL tries to force it's players to not play in the Olympics there is going to be a lot of suspended NHL players. People aren't not going to go to the Olympics. 

That and some owners have said publicly that they don't care if their players go to the Olympics. But I think it comes down to a committee.

If Crosby doesn't get suspended for this it'll be a joke honestly. Even if it's 2 games or something small, he has to be punished. This is dirty, it's beyond dirty, it's a blatant hard slash that basically shattered the guys finger. The NHL has to stop with it's bullshit Crosby bias and punish him for once. Otherwise they won't have a star, because I can promise you some of these NHL clubs continue to get sick of it, and going after him for redemption is going to happen one way or another, especially if he continues to play like this, and then whines on top of that? :smh: 

2 hours ago, Devise said:

If Crosby doesn't get suspended for this it'll be a joke honestly. Even if it's 2 games or something small, he has to be punished. This is dirty, it's beyond dirty, it's a blatant hard slash that basically shattered the guys finger. The NHL has to stop with it's bullshit Crosby bias and punish him for once. Otherwise they won't have a star, because I can promise you some of these NHL clubs continue to get sick of it, and going after him for redemption is going to happen one way or another, especially if he continues to play like this, and then whines on top of that? :smh: 

If I am Crosby, I'd want to be suspended for that. Why? Because you know that everyone in the hockey world saw that and like you said, they will not be going after him even harder. For a guy who suffers from a concussion every 2 seasons (on average) you can bet that other players are thinking "Well he has no remorse when he does something, so it's fair game on him". If the NHL was smart they'd suspend him to save him. Otherwise I can almost bet the next time these two play (next season) Crosby will be taking a massive hit/slash to his wrists. Hell the Flyers are on the schedule for the Pens this weekend, let's see Brandon Manning do his worst on Crosby.

Quintal explained it all. Theres an infinite amount of those wack in a game, just with a different result. The gloves are weak for protection and eum, you cant suspend someone for that. It needs to be premeditated and like a 2 handed shot