2016-2017 NHL Discussion

Kendrick

On 7/30/2016 at 5:40 AM, gorlab said:

@boubabi or @Advantage

do u think Markov is still going to produce for the Habs next ssn? Basically will he be on the PP?

He will produce as he will be on the PP (potentially with Weber)...although you never know as age gets up.  Really though, I don't see him being replaced on the #1 PP unless someone like Beaulieu steps up offensively.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, guys, I have my dynasty league draft this weekend. Any players I should keep an eye out for? Basically anyone under 25 with less than 25 NHL games played, NCAA free agents and new draftees included so guys like Matthews, Laine, etc. are all in it but I pick 12th and 15th so I need someone outside of the big names...

On 8/19/2016 at 11:39 AM, evrydayimbyfuglien said:

Hey, guys, I have my dynasty league draft this weekend. Any players I should keep an eye out for? Basically anyone under 25 with less than 25 NHL games played, NCAA free agents and new draftees included so guys like Matthews, Laine, etc. are all in it but I pick 12th and 15th so I need someone outside of the big names...

Vessey maybe? I'm kinda surprised he signed in New York but he actually may flourish there honestly, given that he gets enough ice time. But I have a feeling he's at least playing top nine. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Power said:

Vessey maybe? I'm kinda surprised he signed in New York but he actually may flourish there honestly, given that he gets enough ice time. But I have a feeling he's at least playing top nine. 

Somebody already snagged him up. Last year, I'll have to see when/how.

What does everyone think their team's lines will look like this upcoming season? My earlier prediction for the Flyers is:

Schenn - Giroux - Simmonds
Raffl - Couturier - Voracek
Laughton - Cousins - Weiss
PEB - Gordon - Read

Del Zotto - Gudas
Ghost - MacDonald
Provorov - Streit

Mason

Neuvirth

2 hours ago, flyersfan1493 said:

What does everyone think their team's lines will look like this upcoming season? My earlier prediction for the Flyers is:

PEB - Gordon - Read

Del Zotto - Gudas
Ghost - MacDonald
Provorov - Streit

Mason

Neuvirth

No Konecny? Also why are we dragging Ghost down with MacDonald :(

22 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

No Konecny? Also why are we dragging Ghost down with MacDonald :(

I don't think he's going to make the team out of camp because Hextall is conservative with prospects. Ghost goes with MacDonald because no one else besides Gudas can play the top minutes with MDZ, Streit is old, and I don't think they'd do a Provorov-Ghost pairing to start out.

On 8/21/2016 at 5:08 PM, flyersfan1493 said:

PEB - Gordon - Read

Del Zotto - Gudas
Ghost - MacDonald
Provorov - Streit

Mason

Neuvirth

You think that roster makes the playoffs? Back end is weak imo.

Canucks roster:

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Baertschi Horvat Rodin

Etem Sutter Hansen

Burrows Granlund Dorsett/Gaunce

Edler Tanev

Hutton Gudbranson

Tryamkin Larsen

Sbisa

Markstrom

Miller

Goaltending is going to be the strong suite along with depth at both forward and defense. Certainly a lot of question marks but theres no doubt this team is better than last seasons.

Habs projected lineup

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov

Carr - Plekanec - Gallagher

Andrighetto - Desharnais - Shaw

Byron - Danault - Mitchell

Scratch : Flynn Matteau 

Beaulieu - Weber

Markov - Petry

Emelin - Pateryn

Scratch : Redmond Barberio

Price

Montoya

Scratch : Condon

Did I forgot anyone @Advantage ?

On 21/08/2016 at 9:08 PM, flyersfan1493 said:

PEB - Gordon - Read

Del Zotto - Gudas
Ghost - MacDonald
Provorov - Streit

Mason

Neuvirth

Curious to see if Neuvirth pushes Mason out of starting position or if they share the load. Always felt he was underrated with us since he had to play behind Varly and then Holtby, and he was good for you guys last season.

Anyway onto the Caps likely president trophy winning second round exiting roster. :P

Ovechkin - Backstrom - Oshie

Burakovsky - Kuznetsov - Williams

Johansson - Eller - Connolly 

Winnik - Beagle - Wilson 

Alzner/Niskanen 

Carlson/Schmidt 

Orpik/Bowey 

Holtby

Grubbuauer 

Not many question marks and a few of the AHL guys could see time over Connolly and Winnik. Gailev and Latta have more NHL games but Vrana seems determined to play up, and Wilson may finally take that next step towards becoming a top nine power forward. Orlov still isn't signed and rumours are he may go to KHL. However Bowey, or Chorney will likely fill that spot unless we sign another veteran D. Still one of the best forward crops in the league and Niskanen/Alzner are one of the most underrated D pairings going. Holt's is still a beast, and I suppose anything can happen in the playoffs so there is still hope. 

7 hours ago, boubabi said:

Habs projected lineup

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov

Carr - Plekanec - Gallagher

Andrighetto - Desharnais - Shaw

Byron - Danault - Mitchell

Scratch : Flynn Matteau 

Beaulieu - Weber

Markov - Petry

Emelin - Pateryn

Scratch : Redmond Barberio

Price

Montoya

Scratch : Condon

Did I forgot anyone @Advantage ?

I would say Lehkonen and Hudon have a chance to crack it but no, you pretty well got everyone.

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, tfong said:

Nuke leaving is pretty big, I liked him alot. Maybe a slight prima donna if the existing reports are real though. Just needs to play a few seasons then grow up and come back I guess.

Yeah my thoughts as well. I heard he was a little too high on himself in Dallas

• Head Moderator
2 hours ago, Kendrick said:

Yeah my thoughts as well. I heard he was a little too high on himself in Dallas

There a pretty fine line between swagger, confidence and arrogance. Unfortauntely Ruskies tend to get stereotyped into the arrogance part though. But its hard to blame them when they can make alot of money playing back at home. 

but I mean he wasn't getting prime PP minutes and ice time and obviously theres that issue with Ruff so I mean this could be a good move for him to get the ice time he needs to mature.

Edited by tfong

3 hours ago, tfong said:

There a pretty fine line between swagger, confidence and arrogance. Unfortauntely Ruskies tend to get stereotyped into the arrogance part though. But its hard to blame them when they can make alot of money playing back at home. 

but I mean he wasn't getting prime PP minutes and ice time and obviously theres that issue with Ruff so I mean this could be a good move for him to get the ice time he needs to mature.

Yeah but another thing was that he wasn't playing a 200 foot game. Thats fine not to play it if you are Tarasenko and have the goal scoring ability of Brett Hull, but for Valeri he was not the best skater so he can't rely solely on offensive ability.

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

Yeah but another thing was that he wasn't playing a 200 foot game. Thats fine not to play it if you are Tarasenko and have the goal scoring ability of Brett Hull, but for Valeri he was not the best skater so he can't rely solely on offensive ability.

When I think of Valeri I think of someone who skates fast and in a straight line and goes to the net hard, has he changed his game over the past couple seasons?

Just now, brovy said:

When I think of Valeri I think of someone who skates fast and in a straight line and goes to the net hard, has he changed his game over the past couple seasons?

Lacks a 200 Foot game. Meaning he doesn't play defense. In the NHL now you have to be able to play in both ends, which is something the Stars forum had said.

He could skate like the wind, but if he can't play defense Ruff would have an issue.