S36 Waiver Thread

Corco

Fair enough, but do any of the VHLM GM's try PM'ing them?

That's a fair point, if I were a GM, I would PM any new member regarding interest in my team. It makes them feel wanted and a reason to remain active.

All of the waiver eligible players except Salo are mostly inactive and/or undrafted players.

Most of those players listed never logged on again after creating a player, or maybe did once or twice. Some of them even posted a few times.

Most of them, yes, but how do you explain that a guy as active as Azhishchenkov only gets claimed by the team second to last in the waiver rankings. A team that currently doesn't have a single other active or player over 0 TPE by the way, so this isn't exactly a good situation for the player either...

Most of them, yes, but how do you explain that a guy as active as Azhishchenkov only gets claimed by the team second to last in the waiver rankings. A team that currently doesn't have a single other active or player over 0 TPE by the way, so this isn't exactly a good situation for the player either...

That's a fair point, which either results in GM's being lazy and not doing their due diligence, or simply lacking in adequate activity.

Teams at the top are the competing teams that are waiting for the trade deadline for recreates. As long as us bottom-feeders pick up the slack, I don't see any problem with that.

In seasons like this, I also tell my waiver players that I'll try and move them to a contender or playoff team unless they want to stay with Ottawa.

Give it a day or so. However, it is funny cause all are active but not all their rosters are filled. Maybe this is a weak spot we have

Perhaps they have specific needs and don't want to go to the bottom of the waiver priority so that when someone they desperately need shows up, they're not screwed?

Perhaps they have specific needs and don't want to go to the bottom of the waiver priority so that when someone they desperately need shows up, they're not screwed?

What about the teams who are not competing?

I'm just saying, if a team feels not competing and adding anyone is more valuable then keeping someones interest in the league high, then we may have to look at that.

What about the teams who are not competing? I'm just saying, if a team feels not competing and adding anyone is more valuable then keeping someones interest in the league high, then we may have to look at that.

Which is a fair point. Tanking is one thing, but not at the expense of a new member's potential activity.

Which is a fair point. Tanking is one thing, but not at the expense of a new member's potential activity.

Yeah I mean I understand exactly what Doomsday is saying and I agree. However the VHLM was designed to develop players and give an area for new members and new prospects the chance to grow and raise their interest. Just trying to make sure that's still our goal.

Ottawa Free Claims Matthew Jay Banks, Jack Ryan, and John Otter.

I know I can technically only have 1 claim up at a time, so either have them up in this order or I see no problem with giving them all to me now since everyone has been up for over a month.

You get Banks right now (since he is the first name you posted), but you have to wait 24 hours each for the others.

Edit:

Minot gets otter.