2013-2014 NHL Discussion Thread

8Ovechkin8

He sucked here, was invisible.

didn't he have a 25 goal season? then have a pretty big injury in 2011?

He has fit in great here but toronto fans really expect nothing from him so whatever he gets is great :)

Laviolette gone. Yay.

Craig Berube taking over as head coach. Eh. I wish they went with someone outside of the organ-eye-zation, but I know that would be challenging to do during the season. Berube was in charge of our PK for a couple of seasons, and the group was usually in the top third of the league. Also was the last coach of the Phantoms to make the playoffs, which was pretty impressive considering the best player on that team was Steve Downie.

Laviolette gone. Yay.

Craig Berube taking over as head coach. Eh. I wish they went with someone outside of the organ-eye-zation, but I know that would be challenging to do during the season. Berube was in charge of our PK for a couple of seasons, and the group was usually in the top third of the league. Also was the last coach of the Phantoms to make the playoffs, which was pretty impressive considering the best player on that team was Steve Downie.

Downie is pretty good actually. But I'm curious to see if Flyers can fix things. Surprised Lavl got the boot 3 games in.

Joe Thornton would unzip his pants if he scored four goals

Hearing a question to Marleau about Hertl and whether he was showboating, Thornton said: “Shut up, have you ever played the game?”

When the press turned his way, he then added: “I’d have my cock out if I scored four goals. I’d have my cock out, stroking it.”

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/10/10/canucks-vs-hertl-gameday-what-we-learned/

I don't even... what.

Joe Thornton is a boss.

Tweets:

"I can't wait for the Joe Thornton status outside San Jose's arena to be...erected"

"Joe will now be benched every time he scores a hat-trick in any game from now until his retirement"