2013-2014 NHL Discussion Thread

8Ovechkin8

kendrick hates anything and anyone from Quebec because someone called him an idiot there once or something and he holds this very personally lol.

Before you assume things check the facts, stop accusing me of hating a place and then disregarding anything I've said about the reason I hate it there.

By the way the "Move the franchise" was a joke, but I wasn't surprised that got overlooked.

It was a joke, but while were at is most of the comments from Habs fans so far have been "Biased confirmed".

my comment was suppose to be a serious one ? well, your sarcasm is as clear as mine

my comment was suppose to be a serious one ? well, your sarcasm is as clear as mine

It just looked like a "because I disagree they are laughable"

I'm still curious what your serious answer to this is Kendrick.

Well considering their situation, it sounded like he wanted 8.5 for a short term deal? So it got pushed to 9 Million because of the long-term deal. I honestly don't know if I would've gone with a long term deal at first. Then again I've seen so many 7+ year deals go down the tubes. The last 365 days have proven to me that the number one word in the NHL is "buyout", so I'm weary about signing long deals. I might have just done a short term deal 2-3 years and either talk during that time or get assets out of him at the end. I just simply put don't like high terms and high dollar unless the guy is going to be the premier guy at his position in the league. No guarantees with any player, and thats why I get anxious when seeing long terms (i.e. DiPietro, Luongo, Yashin)

And if he gets better...you won't get anywhere near the assets to replace him after you burn the bridge.

Of course not. I just look at the last 2-3 years of deals and see long term deals eventually being bought out, thats why I'm hesitant to say any deal is good on a long term. Hell the Devils just resigned Andy Greene and I don't like the value or length.

I'm not going to lie Kendrick, I agree with most of what you're saying, but putting Luongo in the same category as DiPietro and Yashin is retarded. I'm probably bias, but in no way does Luongo's play and league status have anything to do with those two when bringing up long term contracts and guys not playing as their expected.

I put him in there because of long contracts not so much level of play. He was great, management was the reason he was shipped out of town not his play.

Teows>Crosby

and this is actually debatable now.

You mean Toews. I agree its debatable. I value Johnny boy more because of his leadership and two-way game.

Toews isnt even close to crosby lel

Is it because of the fact his offensive production isn't as good? The man with two rings disagrees with the value he brings according to you.

Is it because of the fact his offensive production isn't as good? The man with two rings disagrees with the value he brings according to you.

Stanley Cups (and championships in general) are such a stupid argument when talking about individual achievement, especially in a team sport like hockey.

Stanley Cups (and championships in general) are such a stupid argument when talking about individual achievement, especially in a team sport like hockey.

Of course. But Toews defensive game is ahead of Crosby by far. Sidney may be ahead in the offensive side but when their value is compared, it's hard to notice who is better. Toews is a better leader, as he is respected league wide like Yzerman was. Crosby however is seen as a crybaby by half the league.

You know, I used to love the Crosby-Ovechkin debates because they were the two best players in the league for a while and it would constantly change between who was the better player. I just don't get these Crosby-Toews arguments though because everyone seems to think that Toews' defensive play outweighs Crosby's offensive play, when that's not true at all. I mean Toews isn't even the best two-way forward according to the NHL Writers. While Crosby was clearly the best offensive player and the MVP of the league. And the leadership stuff is bs. You guys have no idea of who's the better leader in the locker room, plus, Crosby's been the captain of the Penguins since he was 19, so there's obviously some good leadership with him (same with Toews, they're both great young leaders, it's just that you have no idea who the significantly better leader is in the room). The cups argument is pointless when you look at the Penguins bottom six and as-core compared to Chicago's these past few years. And Crosby has a cup! Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that the Crosby-Toews argument is just an excuse for the Crosby haters to hate on him some more and downgrade his success. Like I don't even see Toews as the second best player, when you got guys like Malkin and Stamkos.