2013-2014 NHL Discussion Thread

8Ovechkin8

Important to note Sandro, Linden Vey had 4 years under Willie Desjardins in Medicine Hat.

Yep, Dorsett was with the Tigers as well. Between Willie and Trevor, I think this is going to become a recurring theme.

Edited by Sandro

Yep, Dorsett is the same. Between Willie and Trevor, I think this is going to become a recurring theme.

Yeah Dorsett I thought was common knowledge, thats why i didn't mention it. My uncle is a scout (the reason I moved west) and he spent two years as a Medicine Hat scout, so all these guys coming in made him slightly giddy haha.

Shinkaruk too, but he never played under Willie Desjardins.

Sandro, I don't know why after one year of bad luck why everyone is writing Burrows off with the Sedins. He should and deserves to start the year with them, its not really a spot he lost, just a spot that he couldn't get back to because of stupid coach and bad luck injuries.

Sandro, I don't know why after one year of bad luck why everyone is writing Burrows off with the Sedins. He should and deserves to start the year with them, its not really a spot he lost, just a spot that he couldn't get back to because of stupid coach and bad luck injuries.

I'm not writing him off, I just wanted someone who could provide more stability to the second line. C'mon, you think I'm on the OMG TRADE BURROWS HE'S THE WORST wagon like those retards on CDC? I'm a massive Burrows fanboy. 

Nope I know you love Burr,(which is why I said writing off WITH the Sedins not from the team) I'm just saying what the point of trying to fix something that isn't broken? I rather have an established first line that will remain consistent for us than 2 lines that we don't know which form we'll be getting out of them, because let's face it, the Sedins were the ones that suffered the most without Burrows. I don't know what good it would be to separate him from them even when he's healthy.

Edited by 8Ovechkin8

I know it's Botchford, but some rather interesting info from the latest Provies. I didn't realize the players had voted to strip Kesler of the A, I thought that was on Torts.

It didn’t take long for Kesler to start getting pummelled.

It should be clear by now the Canucks weren’t happy with his act.

His teammates weren’t, either. As has been outlined in the Provies before, the players voted to strip him of his letter.

The leadership group tired of his draining personality and there will be no tears shed about his departure.

As someone put it:

“The players are ecstatic.”

Spec put it another way in his column:

“Here’s the deal: Kesler wasn’t well liked by many of his teammates.”

Good job, Spec.

Edited by Sandro

Pretty much. Everything is fine and dandy when their winning their division and making runs at the Cup, as soon as the going gets rough he's like I WANNA GO TO ANAHEIM AND ONLY ANAHEIM. Apparently he was going to cut the list down to just them if the deal wasn't done at the draft.

Gotta say, I'm glad he's gone. Took my Kesler poster down already and now I don't know what to do with my jersey.

Pretty much. Everything is fine and dandy when their winning their division and making runs at the Cup, as soon as the going gets rough he's like I WANNA GO TO ANAHEIM AND ONLY ANAHEIM. Apparently he was going to cut the list down to just them if the deal wasn't done at the draft.

Gotta say, I'm glad he's gone. Took my Kesler poster down already and now I don't know what to do with my jersey.

Craigslist.

I'll keep my jersey, thankfully I have a 17 40th anniversary jersey so no name. Does have the "A" though. I'd recommend just getting the number and name changed? probably be around 80ish to get it done.

Edited by 8Ovechkin8

2 years / 10M$

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Iginla

Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gallagher

Bourque - Eller - Briere

AJwi6MB.gif

Who are you referring too for that price?

Also, Habs signed Markov to an overpriced deal smh.

I'll keep my jersey, thankfully I have a 17 40th anniversary jersey so no name. Does have the "A" though. I'd recommend just getting the number and name changed? probably be around 80ish to get it done.

Yeah, I'm just wondering where I can get that done. I assume Jensen is going to take his usual #17 now so maybe I can just have the 'A' taken off and have Jensen replace Kesler.

Who are you referring too for that price?

Also, Habs signed Markov to an overpriced deal smh.

iginla at 5 milli a year or a little more (6 milli) is pretty realistic I think.

Markov is not overpriced at all. Markov for barely over a million more than a guy who was a scratch for the Blue Jackets is pretty good considering Markov is a top 2 dman on most teams in the league.

Markov is old and out of gas, he isn't worth as much as they gave him. Only Habs fans value him at that, where in the open market his age would be the huge reason he'd take a pay decrease.

I highly doubt Iginla goes to the Habs. Its either Boston or Chicago from what I've heard. Haven't even heard the habs being in contact with his agent.

Also, Sandy try Source for Sports (not sure the closest one in poco) VanCity Sports (downtown) or if you ever go to metrotown there is a Jersey place in the same lane where the stairs to go to the theatre were before they got rid of it. 

Edited by 8Ovechkin8

Markov is old and out of gas, he isn't worth as much as they gave him. Only Habs fans value him at that, where in the open market his age would be the huge reason he'd take a pay decrease.

Markov would get 6-7 million in the open market... lol he took a discount in mtl

Markov would have gotten at least 6 million in FA. He's still a good player, though injuries will always be a concern.