Matthias - Richardson - Dorsett

Sestito

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Tanev

Sbisa - Corrado

Stanton - Weber

Miller

Lack

Send Markstrom to the Comets before waivers kicks in. Trade Hansen for a couple of picks. Sign Tanev 4yr/12M, Kassian 2yr/3.6M, Vey 2yr/3M, Weber 1yr/800k. Gives us 3M in cap space and if San Jose keeps doing... whatever they're doing, the Canucks might be able to snag that third Pacific Division seed.

Edited by Sandro

He's listed as a C/RW and was playing center in the AHL last season.

If I were them I wouldn't put him at C, it's actually one of the reasons he took so long to develop, stunting him by putting him at C. He is better at RW where he played most of juniors.

Damn overpayment for Vrbata but certainly not the worst contract this week.

Meh. Two year bridge deal while the kids develop. Plus, Vrbata with the Sedins on the PP sounds awesome.

Considering Moulson, Bolland and Grabovski all got 5mil to 5.5mil at 4 years plus, I wouldn't consider this an overpayment at all. I'd consider it top end open market value, but overpayment? Nah. 2 years with this contract won't hurt us at all.

Hell, as long as Vrbata comes in and gives the team 25-25 for a couple seasons I'll be happy. The roster is obviously being built to remain competitive while they wait for the kids. Two years from now Lack will be the starter, Kassian + Vey + Jensen should be locked into top 9 roles, Horvat + Shinkaruk + Gaunce should be on or close to being on the roster, and Virtanen + McCann + Cassels will be closing in as well. That's just the forwards. Tanev, Corrado, Stanton, and Sbisa (if he can get his act together) help form a really solid young d-core going forward.

There's reason for optimism in Canuck-land, for the first time in a while. At the very least it'll be interesting to watch a very different team this season.

Edited by Sandro

Keep in mind that the less years the deal is the AAV will be higher. So 5 Million is on par with what he'd receive elsewhere, unless he went for a longer term. (ex. Ehrhoff in Buffalo, DiPietro in NYI etc.)

Horvat, Shinkaruk, Jensen, Virtanen, McCann, Vey, Fox, Gaunce, Cassels, Corrado, Hutton, Cederholm, Tryamkin, Demko.

Do the Canucks actually have a decent pool of prospects for once? :o

Horvat, Shinkaruk, Jensen, Virtanen, McCann, Vey, Fox, Gaunce, Cassels, Corrado, Hutton, Cederholm, Tryamkin, Demko.

Do the Canucks actually have a decent pool of prospects for once? :o

I'm pretty sure Canucks got Curtis Valk from Medicine Hat too. At least I heard he was headed to Vancouver the other day. He has over 250 points in the WHL in his career. Went undrafted largely because of his size.

I'm pretty sure Canucks got Curtis Valk from Medicine Hat too. At least I heard he was headed to Vancouver the other day. He has over 250 points in the WHL in his career. Went undrafted largely because of his size.

He's here for the prospect camp, but not Canucks property. It's heavily speculated the Canucks will sign him though.

I would've done a better season, but I have no idea where the majority of my tickets from previous seasons have gone. I was cleaning up in my room, saw the tickets and thought of something to do with them. Sure the season sucked, but there are some decent memories in those tickets.

The home opener, back when the honeymoon with Torts was still on and the Canucks were playing well.

The game vs the Leafs, Bure's number was retired and the Leafs got wrecked.

The game vs the Bruins in December was the best atmosphere in Rogers Arena in years, and the Bruins got destroyed.

And of course the start of the downfall, the game vs Calgary where Mount Torts imploded. (also the first night I went out drinking with friends so there's that too)

So, how about that guy who hits the puck really hard? He's pretty amazing huh?

(is that enough to qualify as NHL discussion?) :unsure:

Yeah. I heard he got his strength attributes up to 99!

• 3 weeks later...