2013-2014 NHL Discussion Thread

8Ovechkin8

Not exactly no, but it's not as big of a signing as people are saying. Gilbert was thrown away by multiple teams for a reason. The only reason I said that is because in the previous page "Kendrick should be banned for trolling" when all I was doing was putting into perspective what the Habs had just done. Just because you guys don't like an opinion, doesn't mean it's wrong or far fetched. Facts are facts, Markov has lost a step and isn't worth that cap hit, just because he is a Hab though, you guys think he is x10 better. It's one thing to like your own teams players, but don't go unrealistic on them.

I put Malhotra and Weaver on my post, they are clearly role players. If Gilbert is able to sign

somewhere, he can brings something, if not, he will have the same faith of Briere.

Weaver and Malhotra are as advertised, seasoned vets with things to prove at their age, they will always be character bargain guys.

Miller has a modified NTC... Just wow. This is a guy that had practically nowhere else to go, how the fuck do the Canucks not get a better deal out of that? Reeks of the Aquilinis pushing for playoff money. Fucking hate our ownership.

Edited by Sandro

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Parenteau

Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gallagher

Bourque - Eller - (De La Rose (6'2 190lbs)/Andrighetto(5'9 183lbs))

Moen/Prust - Malhotra - Weise

Markov - Subban

Emelin - Gilbert

Tinordi/Beaulieu - Weaver

Price

Budaj/Tokarski

Vrbata for 4M+

no thanks

You realize this is the same guy who scores 50 points a season when he is healthy right? He is worth 4 Million.

when he's healthy. He's soft as fuck. He's not a bad player but you are not building a winning team with UFA. Let the younger players a chance to prouve themself

and maybe he's worth 4,5M, but we DON'T need this guy at 4,5M. There is a difference. MB is not the type of guy entering in a bidding war, well, I guess.

No, but to say Vrbata isn't worth 4 Million is wrong. Is he physical? No. But he knows how to score and there is always a market for those guys and for larger figures then others.

We need a guy like Vrbata. Gallagher isn't a top-6 forward. He works hard, but offensively, meh.

Pacioretty-DD-Parenteau

Sekac-Plekanec-Vrbata

Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher

Weise-Malhotra-Prust

Markov-Subban

Emelin-Gilbert

Beaulieu-Tinordi - Weaver/Pateryn

Price

Tokarski

That would be my team for the 2014-15 Habs opener. I REALLY want to see Andrighetto and de la Rose with the team, but there's just no place for them.

Does Vanek worth 6.5M. Yes

Does the Habs need him at 6.5M. No.

Does Vrbata worth 4M.+. Yes

Does the Habs need him at 4M. + ? No.

Don't you get it ?

Habs don't want scoring for a steady salary player who isn't overpriced? Okay I get it.

• Vanek was traded to the Islanders for Moulson and either their 2014 or 2015 1st round pick.

• Moulson and McCormick were then traded to Minnesota for Mitchell[1] and 2 2nd rounders.

• Moulson and McCormick both re-signed with Buffalo today.

• The 2014 2nd round pick (39th) was traded to Washington for the 44th and 74th. With which the Sabres drafted Cornel[2] and Martin[3] .

• The 2015 2nd round pick was traded to Montreal for Gorges.

• Recap:

• Gained: Moulson, Mitchell, Cornel, Martin, Gorges, and NYI's 2015 1st
    • Lost: Vanek

http://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/29lhgu/how_the_sabres_traded_vanek_for_5_players_and_a/

That's actually hilarious.

• Vanek was traded to the Islanders for Moulson and either their 2014 or 2015 1st round pick.

• Moulson and McCormick were then traded to Minnesota for Mitchell[1] and 2 2nd rounders.

• Moulson and McCormick both re-signed with Buffalo today.

• The 2014 2nd round pick (39th) was traded to Washington for the 44th and 74th. With which the Sabres drafted Cornel%5B2%5D and Martin[3] .

• The 2015 2nd round pick was traded to Montreal for Gorges.

• Recap:

• Gained: Moulson, Mitchell, Cornel, Martin, Gorges, and NYI's 2015 1st
    • Lost: Vanek
http://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/29lhgu/how_the_sabres_traded_vanek_for_5_players_and_a/

That's actually hilarious.

Tim Murray is a fucking genius ^^

We need a guy like Vrbata. Gallagher isn't a top-6 forward. He works hard, but offensively, meh.

Pacioretty-DD-Parenteau

Sekac-Plekanec-Vrbata

Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher

Weise-Malhotra-Prust

Markov-Subban

Emelin-Gilbert

Beaulieu-Tinordi - Weaver/Pateryn

Price

Tokarski

That would be my team for the 2014-15 Habs opener. I REALLY want to see Andrighetto and de la Rose with the team, but there's just no place for them.

The fact that you put Sekac second line before galchenyuk without even seeing him play is disturbing