2013-2014 NHL Discussion Thread

8Ovechkin8

So.. Danny B to COL for PA Parenteau and a 5th rounder.

And now.. Shanahan is doing his best to convince Gorges to accept a trade to Toronto (Lupul, Franson in talks).

After Linden and Yzerman, Bergevin is having a busy day.

So.. Danny B to COL for PA Parenteau and a 5th rounder.

And now.. Shanahan is doing his best to convince Gorges to accept a trade to Toronto (Lupul, Franson in talks).

After Linden and Yzerman, Bergevin is having a busy day.

Haha There is no way Gorges would be worth Franson or Lupul even by themselves.

How is that trolling? Gorges is not worth Lupul. Just cause you think he is doesn't mean he is, take the Hab glasses off. It's common knowledge that Lupul brings more to a team then Gorges. I like Josh too, but he aint worth Lupul.

Tyler, trolling is not when someone is looking at things realistically. Markov is not worth what he got, plain and simple. He is a good player but his age was shown in the postseason and was easy to navigate around. (ex. Stepan, Kreider, Zucs)

Ugh I hate that Briere trade. Hopefully its cap reasons.

Yeah not the best for the AVs. PA would suit them as an asset more than Briere.

Not surprised at all the waivers players for buyouts, but it's funny that its happening considering fans could call this a few seasons back when all these deals were signed.

Guest Svoboda_3

Ugh the Avs let Stastny go, but he was asking more than he was actually worth. Hopefully we land Iginla to help.

Eh a few quality talent will get signed. But they will likely be overpaid as well. I just hope after getting Justin Peters cheap Caps can get a center and one of Niskanen or Orpik.

Malhotra, Gilbert, Weaver and an early second rounder next year. :cheers:

Have fun with Gilbert haha, he is lost in his own end.

Love the Camel signing in NJ. Adds some flair to a lineup needing it. What were the Canucks thinking though?

Have fun with Gilbert haha, he is lost in his own end.

Love the Camel signing in NJ. Adds some flair to a lineup needing it. What were the Canucks thinking though?

If he were a good player both side of the ice, he wouldn't be UFA. He brings size, a right handed player and some PP time

If he were a good player both side of the ice, he wouldn't be UFA. He brings size, a right handed player and some PP time

Weaver + Gilbert>>>>Gorges

Edited by Tyler

What were the Canucks thinking though?

Well we needed to replace the "aging goaltender with a big contract" and "American with an attitude problem" holes on the roster, may as well kill two birds with one stone?

Not at all. Just because a defenseman goes to UFA or is one makes him a one-dimensional player. All I'm saying is he can't play defense and size is useless if you can't use it, Gilbert doesn't. Don't paint him with the all-star brush right away.

Am I painting him with a superstar brush ?

Not exactly no, but it's not as big of a signing as people are saying. Gilbert was thrown away by multiple teams for a reason. The only reason I said that is because in the previous page "Kendrick should be banned for trolling" when all I was doing was putting into perspective what the Habs had just done. Just because you guys don't like an opinion, doesn't mean it's wrong or far fetched. Facts are facts, Markov has lost a step and isn't worth that cap hit, just because he is a Hab though, you guys think he is x10 better. It's one thing to like your own teams players, but don't go unrealistic on them.