2013-2014 NFL Discussion Thread

I love it, because he has to right to make the choices he wants just like anyone. The way he plays football is the only reason a commentator or analysts should ever define him on the field.

So what happens if he doesn't get drafted?

He gets signed by a very very lucky NFL team. Obviously the media will make it seem like he doesn't get drafted cause he is Gay but if a GM passes him over because of that, he will regret it.

Still a very good head coach, it's not his fault he had buttfumble at QB.

Good coach or attention grabber? Very Good coaches get their teams to super bowls

Good coach or attention grabber? Very Good coaches get their teams to super bowls

Got his team to back to back AFC championship games. That is more than what most coaches do in their career.

Got his team to back to back AFC championship games. That is more than what most coaches do in their career.

True, but after a guy has been with the club and taken them their twice, in 7 years? Time to adjust some things.

7 seasons? Rex has been the coach for five.

I don't know man. I agree he isn't a bad coach but the years they haven't made it, they look horrible. I just think Rex Ryan brings too much negative attention to his team (mostly through Sanchez's experiment). 5 years, no superbowls and 4 years without a playoff berth (even a wildcard). In this league that normally puts your job at risk, but yet the Jets resign him.

I don't know man. I agree he isn't a bad coach but the years they haven't made it, they look horrible. I just think Rex Ryan brings too much negative attention to his team (mostly through Sanchez's experiment). 5 years, no superbowls and 4 years without a playoff berth (even a wildcard). In this league that normally puts your job at risk, but yet the Jets resign him.

3 seasons without a playoff berth, but I understand your point. However, we brought in a new GM who has changed the entire culture of the franchise. Rex is still one of the top three defensive minds in the entire game, and can handle the New York market. Moreover, his extension is heavily incentive based, so if we miss the playoffs again, we can fire him with ease.