2013-2014 NFL Discussion Thread

I thought Kapernick has a decent arm?

He does have a decent arm, not amazing but it's good enough. Game management though is a different story, it's the one thing I've seen him have issues with (several time wasting drives). Can't coach his legs though, he knows how to run.

so basically he is still just a young qb and will get better at that in the future right?

Potentially yeah. His arm strength can't be questioned, cause its obviously good enough. His decisions though can sometimes be questioned thoroughly

Sherman ran by and smacked Crabtree on the ass too they showed that part eventually in the replay that was part of what caused the issue there was I'm sure a lot other stuff missed by the cameras in the whole interaction.  Also Trifecta what is your deal man randomly attacking people take it down a notch.

As for SEA and SF they have been in an absolutely perfect situation their team was already built well (SF had what 9 pro bowlers) but because their QBs are on rookie contracts they only had to pay them in the neighborhood of 400-600k this season.  Once they get renegotiated contracts in the 15+ mil per season range expect those teams to take a hit personnel wise elsewhere and have to rely on late draft picks to pick up the pieces.

Think back to Big Ben in Pittsburgh he was the youngest QB ever to win the super bowl I believe.  Rookie contract with a good run game helped by the classic great Steeler D.  Luck in INDY is another example of teams being built well right now but with the new CBA if you have an above average QB come in and a good supporting cast you can go places.  There are other examples but Luck/Kap/Wilson/Big Ben before are four examples in recent history.

He does have a decent arm, not amazing but it's good enough. Game management though is a different story, it's the one thing I've seen him have issues with (several time wasting drives). Can't coach his legs though, he knows how to run.

His decision-making is questionable and he makes far too many across the body throws. His accuracy could be a lot better as well. Basically, if you take away his ability to run, he will struggle mightily to win with his throwing ability.

SHERMAN IS THE MAAAAAN

btw anyone that thinks his interview or what he said or did is classes probably 1. never played sports at a high level, 2. don't know football culture.

I did at a high level and fight it somewhat over the top. Love his intensity but the game was over, so he aint better for bad mouthing after when he said that was Crabtree's crime in the first place.

I've played at a relatively high level for what I could get into for my age, and I can say trash talking is a part of the game, and you have every right to run your mouth AFTER the game if you've proved yourself. I would have said he's an idiot if he did it before hand, but after I have no problem with it. Being a CB in pro ball requires intensity and arrogance to be successful. If you don't have that type of "swagger" you won't be successful, it's just part of football culture.

Also the entire game he was helping people up, only waiting til the end to state his mind. What type of message do you think this sends to the other offences in the league? It'll sure as hell be in the back of anyone's mind before talking crap.

Oh I know it is part of the culture, trust me I went through that for a good part of my life in that sport. I just find him a little over the top. Yes he trash talks during the game, and yes I am a fan of that. What I'm saying is that he said "I hate when people talk shit about me in the media or players say we are shit", but then he went right ahead and did the same. Props to him, he played a great game, I could just do without that stuff after the whistle.

This is bullshit that people are actually defending Sherman. The ass-slap was bad enough. The dude is all about himself. I was rooting for the Seahawks all damn game and that absolutely ruined it for me.

Sherman is me-me-me-me. Any time he's on a talk show, every answer he gives revolves around how many picks HE'S got, how many fumbles HE'S forced. The dude's self-noted goal is to be on the All-Pro team. Conspicuously absent or mentioned lower than individual accolades: winning a Super Bowl.

He's a cock sucker and I hope he gets what's coming to him.

SHERMAN IS THE MAAAAAN

btw anyone that thinks his interview or what he said or did is classes probably 1. never played sports at a high level, 2. don't know football culture.

Football culture or not, I still maintain the right to think the guy is a dickhead.

Dickhead or not, he's far from stupid. Guy has you all of you talking about him and his team

Well his goal wasn't to have us talk about him and his team. His goal was to prove a point to Crabtree using the media. He did that but with it he created more enemies and probably more fans. Anyone on the fence of hating him just got on the hate side. He is a great cornerback and his game speaks for itself. When he retires though if he has a great career and it's equal to the best in the game, he will be looked down upon simply for his off the field actions. 

Also to note, I don't talk about his team in the same way some do. They have massive PED's users and it kind of takes away from them.

popcorn.gif

I feel for the guy, that looked like an ugly ugly injury. Not sure if that popcorn is an accident or not, but that fan will regret that later. Bowman is a great LB and he will find a way for that fan to regret fuelling him (if he even cares).

Dickhead or not, he's far from stupid. Guy has you all of you talking about him and his team

No, we're talking about him. Not his team. 95% of the focus is on him.

Marshawn Lynch, first RB to go over 100 on SF defense has not has his name so much as mentioned other than Q1-Q3 highlights. Jermaine Kearse: nothing.  It's all about Sherman.

Yes, he's a genius. A genius regarding self-promotion. All about me.  Meanwhile, his teammates stand in his shadow.