2013-2014 NFL Discussion Thread

I remember when a ton of people gave me shit for calling the Browns geniuses for the Trent Richardson trade. It's fun to gloat to idiots.

Well the fact that the Browns 3rd overall pick was a washout shows the Browns are not geniuses. They got lucky that they were able to fetch a first round pick from a team that was willing to pay a WHOLE LOT more than the true value of the player to find the missing piece to becoming a Super Bowl contender. I honestly wouldn't have given more than a 5th round pick for Richardson. However, since the Colts were desperate, they were willing to send over a first round pick, and they were gauging the fact that they believed they were Super Bowl contenders. Luckily for the Colts, it was not a big waste, because as a result of the trade, Donald Brown stepped up his game and was able to fill the missing gap that the Colts had, basically taking the spot that Richardson was supposed to fill.

So in all, both sides were EXTREMELY lucky. There was no genius in this case because the Browns were stupid to draft him, and VERY lucky to be able to ship him off for a first. However, that first round pick will definitely be a late first rounder, and knowing the Browns in the first round, they should just trade the pick for Kirk Cousins. The Colts wasted their first rounder in terms of the trade, because they got crap for a first round pick, however they were saved from complete embarrassment by Donald Brown coming up with the save. So the winners are definitely the Colts. Though Brown saved them, they are in the playoffs and are a whole lot closer to winning the Super Bowl than the Browns.

I know that this was an old post of yours, but i realized that after i wrote this up, so I'm gonna post it anyway

Kaepernick done it all for the 49ers, love it. 49ers all the way. 

That was a close game. I'm not too upset with the way we played. I just wished that first quarter was better. Once we legit get a secondary that can cover and we heal up we could have a better defence. GO Panthers!

That was a close game. I'm not too upset with the way we played. I just wished that first quarter was better. Once we legit get a secondary that can cover and we heal up we could have a better defence. GO Panthers!

Packers need more defense.

Packers need more defense.

Well to a degree yes. However when a major of your team is on the IR or not playing its challenging as well. Keep in mind Matthews, Hayward, Shields (for 3 Q's), Mike Neal (our best player this season) all didn't play. Then we had basically everyone on offence injured for lengthy times during the year and our O-Line lost 2 key bodies. We weren't exactly going in very healthy, but we did compete and that's all us fans could've wished for really. We still had an impressive season despite that. But going into the draft we need bodies on the O-line. Not necessarily top end talent but simply "bodies". We also need to draft a proper safety, a couple corners and some linebackers. If you have a spare pick throw it at some Randall Cobb V2.

Well the fact that the Browns 3rd overall pick was a washout shows the Browns are not geniuses. They got lucky that they were able to fetch a first round pick from a team that was willing to pay a WHOLE LOT more than the true value of the player to find the missing piece to becoming a Super Bowl contender. I honestly wouldn't have given more than a 5th round pick for Richardson. However, since the Colts were desperate, they were willing to send over a first round pick, and they were gauging the fact that they believed they were Super Bowl contenders. Luckily for the Colts, it was not a big waste, because as a result of the trade, Donald Brown stepped up his game and was able to fill the missing gap that the Colts had, basically taking the spot that Richardson was supposed to fill.

So in all, both sides were EXTREMELY lucky. There was no genius in this case because the Browns were stupid to draft him, and VERY lucky to be able to ship him off for a first. However, that first round pick will definitely be a late first rounder, and knowing the Browns in the first round, they should just trade the pick for Kirk Cousins. The Colts wasted their first rounder in terms of the trade, because they got crap for a first round pick, however they were saved from complete embarrassment by Donald Brown coming up with the save. So the winners are definitely the Colts. Though Brown saved them, they are in the playoffs and are a whole lot closer to winning the Super Bowl than the Browns.

I know that this was an old post of yours, but i realized that after i wrote this up, so I'm gonna post it anyway

You're really, really overselling Donald Brown's contribution to the team. He's been pretty good but for a team in need of plenty of offensive line help, I'm sure they'd love to still have that pick. As for the Browns, seizing the opportunity of getting a high pick that I truly believe won't be able to put it together and that has been disappointing so far already is a pretty genius move. Just because the Colts needed a running back and just because a reserve finally got playing time and did fairly well with it doesn't make the overpayment worth it, that makes no sense.

You're really, really overselling Donald Brown's contribution to the team. He's been pretty good but for a team in need of plenty of offensive line help, I'm sure they'd love to still have that pick. As for the Browns, seizing the opportunity of getting a high pick that I truly believe won't be able to put it together and that has been disappointing so far already is a pretty genius move. Just because the Colts needed a running back and just because a reserve finally got playing time and did fairly well with it doesn't make the overpayment worth it, that makes no sense.

1. Overselling? Donald Brown's contributions to the team fixed the issue that Richardson was added for.

2. Donald Brown was the 27th overall pick in the 2009 Draft by the Colts. They have been waiting for him to step up and shine. This is big for the Colts because if they can get their former 1st round pick to step up and play, plus he is only 26, it could do wonders for the Colts... First off it checks off a starting position that needs to be addressed.

3. The highest the Browns pick (from Colts) can be is 25th. So 25th overall or playoff run? I would go playoff run.

4. Sure the Colts need OL help, but they wanted a Super Bowl this season. They can't screw their season because their offensive line is not perfect. All teams have their flaws, but the Colts believed that Luck would be able to work around the flaws of the OL like RG3 did last year, and therefore the Colts addressed a position that one guy could fix and help Luck with a playoff run.

5. 25th overall is not a high pick. Sure it is first round, but Browns seem to do a pretty awful job in the Draft.. Supplementary not so bad recently.. Josh Gordon was a genius move by them..

6. You said the Colts overpaid in the trade, and the Browns were genius in the trade. The Browns were not genius.. They were lucky that a team was desperate for a RB. So desperate, that the they were willing to send over a first rounder for a RB that had the probability of doing something. And think about this. What if Trent Richardson had done amazing? The Browns would have been screwed because they lost talent and only got a late first rounder. And the fact that the Browns missed that bad at 3rd overall really shows they are not geniuses. 

7. The fact that the Colts made the playoffs and then one their first game shows that the Colts so far have won this trade. If the Browns are able to draft a gem at 25th+ then maybe the winner will change..

8. After the trade, the Browns really had no one to take over the RB position and had to scramble to find someone.. Willis McGahee did not do so hot in relief.. Not good personnel planning.. Not so smart

Edited by d3vilsfire

I like Donald Brown. He's not the most athletic guy, but he's a really smart runner and always seems to know where to go.

He did well.. not flashy like a fantasy owner would want, but he did what his team needed him to do when his team needed him to do it.. I am a Skins fan, so personally my favorite is Alfred Morris

He is good, and most likely will win it, but I could see Keenan Allen stealing it from right under his nose..

That's his biggest competitor. Lacy missed a game, so did Allen. Lacy has 11 Rushing touchdowns and Allen has 8 receiving touchdowns. Lacy as a RB didn't fumble as much as Allen. So well see.

That's his biggest competitor. Lacy missed a game, so did Allen. Lacy has 11 Rushing touchdowns and Allen has 8 receiving touchdowns. Lacy as a RB didn't fumble as much as Allen. So well see.

I can't remember if playoffs count towards Offensive ROTY

Nope they are only really judged on regular season

Okay, then ya.. Eddie Lacy gets it.. If playoffs were a factor, then Allen had a shot at taking it.. but if not, then Lacy did much more for his team then Allen did for his.. But they are both really good players

Okay, then ya.. Eddie Lacy gets it.. If playoffs were a factor, then Allen had a shot at taking it.. but if not, then Lacy did much more for his team then Allen did for his.. But they are both really good players

Trust me I'm a big fan of his. Although going to Oregon, I am a Golden Bears fan through and through and Allen was a stud in Berkeley.

I'd take either Keenan Allen or tbh Zac Stacy over Lacy

Why exactly? Team need? Or hate because you are Niners fan.

There are a lot of positives with Lacy.