St Petersburg calls the VHL [Reviewed]

Gooningitup

In light of the VHLM having to fold two franchises in Yukon and Moscow, it became very apparent that Russian fans were not happy. That led to St Petersburg to reach out to Davos, to ask them about a potential relocation after rumors came afloat that they might potentially want to move on after many disappointing years. It is a tough ask, Davos is a history rich city in the VHL for the veterans it would be odd not to see them in the VHL. However with their recent, slumps and struggles many players refusing to play their it raises the question is it time to move on start fresh. 

St Petersburg has a name, they plan on stocking with purple as the main part of the jersey its unique. Secondary colors are up in the air at this point in time. They have put out a call for logo makers, looking to create a very cool logo. Perhaps being unsure of what exactly is going on is why its been almost total silence. 

The team has decided to go with Russian heritage in its name, calling themselves the St Petersburg Armata. A tank that has not been very often used, but its seem as the best tank ever to be made, a source of Russian pride. They know its a long shot, but they are hoping that they can find themselves in a position to atleast allow a real discussion. Would people be open to a new Russian team, im sure they would but risk Davos is the real question? They are a rich heritage, something the Komarov family will ensure is kept, its not like this is a family that has no history with the franchise, its the only team both father and son have ever laced up for. They hope the fact they are such an important part of the franchise that it will soften the blow. 

The only thing they are looking for at this point in time is a logo, with an entire offseason and playoffs to find one they hope it will not hinder their chance. However the sooner they can find someone willing to step up to the task the better. The jerseys primary colors would be Purple, Gold, and Black. The shoulder patch would pay homage to Davos with its logo minus Davos name. 

St Petersburg hopes to hear soon from perspective logo makers, aswell as the VHL board they are prepared to make a big purchase if allowed to do so. Its now out of Davos and St Petersburg's hands as they both await league reaction on this pressing matter. Let the discussion begin and perhaps the start of something new and exciting to get the league talking and bring exciting talent to the VHL.

Just now, hedgehog337 said:

We have 2 teams in Switzerland. Let's give other countries a chance. 

Then move Bern. One of the reasons they are there in the first place is because those two teams used to be affiliated.

9 minutes ago, Streetlight said:

Then move Bern. One of the reasons they are there in the first place is because those two teams used to be affiliated.

As far as I heard, Bern is untouchable. And Moscow is out already, so the only way how to deal with that team is making another relocation. 

8 minutes ago, Streetlight said:

Also Yukon has a GM. Saskatoon doesn't. If we don't like Yukon as a team, I guess I can relocate, but it makes more sense to get rid of Saskatoon if we're going down to six teams.

I dunno, Higgins didn't tell you about it, or it was just fake rumors? 

Yeah, Sasky is under the line right now due to their lack of success, I don't know if their possible fifth cup will save them. 

7 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

As far as I heard, Bern is untouchable. And Moscow is out already, so the only way how to deal with that team is making another relocation. 

I dunno, Higgins didn't tell you about it, or it was just fake rumors? 

Yeah, Sasky is under the line right now due to their lack of success, I don't know if their possible fifth cup will save them. 

I don't see why Bern would be any more untouchable than Davos, arguably the most successful franchise in VHL history even with their recent drought.

There was a discussion in the BoG a couple weeks ago about possibly getting rid of a team or two in the VHLM. Far as I know, nothing has been confirmed, but maybe the VHLM commissioner(s) have been discussing in private with the Blue Team about it.

If we're looking to freshen things up, I would say the absolute untouchables are Ottawa and Bratislava in the VHLM; and Davos and Calgary in the VHL. Teams that maybe we should look to relocate, in my opinion, might include Yukon and Bern (particularly if we want to not have two Swiss teams) in the VHLM; and Quebec and Riga in the VHL.

3 minutes ago, Streetlight said:

I don't see why Bern would be any more untouchable than Davos, arguably the most successful franchise in VHL history even with their recent drought..

I just heard, it's not confirmed obv.

If we're looking to freshen things up, I would say the absolute untouchables are Ottawa and Bratislava

:wub:

4 minutes ago, Streetlight said:

and Quebec and Riga 

Dunno about QUE, but I don't think Riga should be relocated now as we still have some Latvian sim league users left.  

1 minute ago, hedgehog337 said:

I just heard, it's not confirmed obv.

:wub:

Dunno about QUE, but I don't think Riga should be relocated now as we still have some Latvian sim league users left.  

I guess that is a good point in favor of keeping Riga, but I feel like them relocating makes more sense than other EU teams (unless we want to go and move Stockholm but they haven't been there for too long yet) and I just wanted to name one team from each conference.

1 minute ago, Streetlight said:

I guess that is a good point in favor of keeping Riga, but I feel like them relocating makes more sense than other EU teams (unless we want to go and move Stockholm but they haven't been there for too long yet) and I just wanted to name one team from each conference.

But we can just leave it without relocating any EU team. 

We still have Latvian sim leaguers sure, but very few re on our site. We have a couple and I mean actives. Riga would move to Russia if anything and Quebec would move to Chicago.

Also Bern and Yukon are expendable. We can't talk about our member bases locations and then totally disregard Yukon (who no one is linked too). If we are smart we put a team in Chicago because we actually have quite a few mid-western members.

33 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

We still have Latvian sim leaguers sure, but very few re on our site. We have a couple and I mean actives. Riga would move to Russia if anything and Quebec would move to Chicago.

Also Bern and Yukon are expendable. We can't talk about our member bases locations and then totally disregard Yukon (who no one is linked too). If we are smart we put a team in Chicago because we actually have quite a few mid-western members.

I like the idea of a Wisconsin team just because they don't have representation in the NHL either. Obviously that's not essential when deciding on a location, but I think it's a bit of a bonus especially since I feel like Wisconsin has a large enough hockey market to warrant putting a team there.

EDIT: or somewhere in Minnesota (disregarding the point I made in favor of WI about having no NHL team) because Minnesota >

I mean, Chicago is fine too. But I'm biased toward Minnesota.

Edited by Streetlight

29 minutes ago, Streetlight said:

I like the idea of a Wisconsin team just because they don't have representation in the NHL either. Obviously that's not essential when deciding on a location, but I think it's a bit of a bonus especially since I feel like Wisconsin has a large enough hockey market to warrant putting a team there.

EDIT: or somewhere in Minnesota (disregarding the point I made in favor of WI about having no NHL team) because Minnesota >

I mean, Chicago is fine too. But I'm biased toward Minnesota.

I don't mind Wisconsin either. I think when we think of these things we need to think relative location so those all work. Yukon is so far out of hockey markets that it's laughable. Also I have hard time thinking any North American comes to our site and even know where Bern is.

2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

I don't mind Wisconsin either. I think when we think of these things we need to think relative location so those all work. Yukon is so far out of hockey markets that it's laughable. Also I have hard time thinking any North American comes to our site and even know where Bern is.

I mean, I know Bern is in Switzerland, but where exactly I don't know. I'd imagine people are more likely to know of Bern than Davos.

But that doesn't mean we should get rid of Davos!

I mean, I know Bern is in Switzerland, but where exactly I don't know. I'd imagine people are more likely to know of Bern than Davos.

But that doesn't mean we should get rid of Davos!

I disagree. I think Davos has been huge in regards to the World Championships overseas and a lot of Canadians I know are well aware of Davos because of that. I'm talking in the hockey world, not world geography.

3 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

I disagree. I think Davos has been huge in regards to the World Championships overseas and a lot of Canadians I know are well aware of Davos because of that. I'm talking in the hockey world, not world geography.

Ah, I see. As someone who is not familiar with the hockey world at all outside of the NHL, I'm unaware and now I guess it makes sense why we put a team there in the first place. Only reason I know places like Bern and Riga is because I know world capitals.