POLL: The best idea for the VHLM?

hedgehog337

Which one?  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We are seeing a lots of VHLM ideas lately and maybe BOG already discusses them, but let's see what the entire VHL world thinks about that. There are some ideas, which I saw recently. Maybe there are more ideas for the VHLM, but I didn't went deeper for that. 

1. @Molholt's idea #1 - Double the carryover TPE to have a chance to skip VHLM, because there are not a lot of memebrs with recreate who wants to sit in the VHLM once again. If you have 75 TPE carryover, you'll have 150 then; if you have 40 TPE, then you'll have 80 TPE and so it goes... 

2. Molholt's idea #2 - Giving a bonus TPE to a player who wants to join the VHL draft in his first season. This thing exists in the NCAA (SBA) league, where player gets 50 bonus TPE for joining the SBA draft in his freshman season. 

3. Molholt's idea #3 - Giving a player 20% of his past TPE and put him into VHL draft immediately. If user's retiring player had 1000 TPE, then he gets 200 TPE for his new; if he had 800 TPE, then he gets 160 TPE and so it goes... All three ideas from Molholt have one thing in common - the VHLM should be focused on the new players.  You can check more detalized version in this VHL Magazine.

4. @KingRobbie's idea - I could retell his idea, but instead I'm gonna just copy him:

Knock the VHLM to 4 teams, and have them being VHL affiliates. Then create the VHLJr or whatever with 4 teams. By doing so you have one league for the new players and all the teams will be competitive. Then once they are drafted into the VHL they can either stick in the VHL or play in the VHLM on their teams affliate team. Obviously VHL teams will have to share teams which will make the VHLM team hella exciting and not boring. No teams would suck and it would be a toss up to see who would win. The only players that can be drafted in the VHLM would be players that are inactive so that way players stay with their VHL teams affiliate. Which kinda sucks  

For more detalized idea's version check this topic. BTW, @Mr. Power likes this idea. 

5. my idea lol - imagine that some team's GM just suddenly went inactive and there are some (2-3, or even one) active guys that wants to see more activity and more fun LR. Well then, they can transfer themselves to a team they want to be in. There can be PT/TPE/money penalty for that, idk. That's not a very serious idea, I'm just pretending I have an idea lol.

I guess there are more ideas and maybe other have their own ideas as well? Feel free to put them in this topic...or to blue/green team. ^_^

Not claiming TPE, that was a copy paste shit.  

2 hours ago, Higgins said:

Robbie's for the 4 teams.

ive been trying to get VHLM down from 10 teams to 8 then 6 then 4 for like 20 seasons

4 teams isn't the number. We want to make it 5, affiliate the VHLM with the VHL and then have the JR league with 4 teams to essentially replace the VHLM and be the league for new players/players not eligible to be drafted to the VHL yet. Which I think is probably the smartest solution. His idea could work imo. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

4 teams isn't the number. We want to make it 5, affiliate the VHLM with the VHL and then have the JR league with 4 teams to essentially replace the VHLM and be the league for new players/players not eligible to be drafted to the VHL yet. Which I think is probably the smartest solution. His idea could work imo. 

I don't quite understand why we would separate the minors into two separate leagues.

Just now, Streetlight said:

I don't quite understand why we would separate the minors into two separate leagues.

It's mostly about having teams stay competitive and be able to win so GM's don't have to focus as much on building winning teams. In the 4 team Jr league, only players who have recently created or have yet to be drafted will be in the league. So that would cover everything from re-creates to actual serious actives in the league. At the moment recreates have a huge advantage in the VHLM and it always shows. Which is ironic since the majority of them don't care about the league. The VHLM itself proper would have 5 teams that affiliated itself with each with 2 VHL teams. So all prospects from both clubs under a certain TPE count would be in that long.

@KingRobbie can explain it more since it is his idea, but the principle of it is that it's tough to keep higher TPE players in the VHLM and make that league cared about without new players coming in and getting dominated. The reality is new players shouldn't get thrust into a league until they have earned TPE, so creating a third smaller mini league just as a place to put those players is probably best. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

It's mostly about having teams stay competitive and be able to win so GM's don't have to focus as much on building winning teams. In the 4 team Jr league, only players who have recently created or have yet to be drafted will be in the league. So that would cover everything from re-creates to actual serious actives in the league. At the moment recreates have a huge advantage in the VHLM and it always shows. Which is ironic since the majority of them don't care about the league. The VHLM itself proper would have 5 teams that affiliated itself with each with 2 VHL teams. So all prospects from both clubs under a certain TPE count would be in that long.

@KingRobbie can explain it more since it is his idea, but the principle of it is that it's tough to keep higher TPE players in the VHLM and make that league cared about without new players coming in and getting dominated. The reality is new players shouldn't get thrust into a league until they have earned TPE, so creating a third smaller mini league just as a place to put those players is probably best. 

Just give me the VHLM commissioners job already and I can have this all up and running by s52. I have a plan already and ready to put in place.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

Then we'd have a five team VHLM with less than five active players. What would even be the point of that? Just so the new players have an easier time? Why don't we just reduce the VHLM TPE maximum to 100.

Edited by Streetlight

1 hour ago, KingRobbie said:

Just give me the VHLM commissioners job already and I can have this all up and running by s52. I have a plan already and ready to put in place.

Unlike the last election, you actually have to expand on your "idea" and not just make promises on huge things. Not saying you're full of hot air, but saying you have an idea and actually posting the idea are two different things.

1 hour ago, Kendrick said:

Unlike the last election, you actually have to expand on your "idea" and not just make promises on huge things. Not saying you're full of hot air, but saying you have an idea and actually posting the idea are two different things.

I actually did post the idea

1 hour ago, Kendrick said:

Unlike the last election, you actually have to expand on your "idea" and not just make promises on yuge things. Not saying you're full of hot air, but saying you have an idea and actually posting the idea are two different things.

fixed that for you

7 hours ago, der meister said:

Make the VHLM a tier two relegation league. Top two teams from the VHLM move up, bottom two of the VHL move down. All players are draft eligible from the get go, with the VHLM teams having the earliest picks. 

Isn't that gonna make things more complex? What about the draft picks for the two VHLM comeups? Will these two VHL bottom team want to spend their seasons in VHLM?, e.t.c stuffs

I see one good reason tho - it might prevent VHL GM's from tanking. 

19 hours ago, boubabi said:

Recruiting system like the ncaa

Decent idea imo. 

1 hour ago, hedgehog337 said:

Isn't that gonna make things more complex? What about the draft picks for the two VHLM comeups? Will these two VHL bottom team want to spend their seasons in VHLM?, e.t.c stuffs

I see one good reason tho - it might prevent VHL GM's from tanking. 

Decent idea imo. 

I've wanted to start a league like that for years. It would be ideal from scratch, not after 51 seasons.