Helsinki eyes Goalies

Higgins

Helsinki Titans scouting Goalies

8477293.jpg

Santeri Heikelä

Finland

Yukon Rush

Heikelä played his junior hockey in his hometown in Finland playing for Jyväskylä. He recently played a backup role in the World Junior Championships for Finland before declaring for the Season 36 VHLM Draft. Heikelä was taken 24th overall by the Yukon Rush and will be looking to play a good portion of the games this season in Yukon as he develops. "At 24th overall the Rush got a steal, we have been watching Heikelä for awhile as he played in Finland for all of his junior career and we have a solid scouting report on him" said Helsinki Titans GM Higgins.

8475824.jpg

Kimmo Salo

Finland

Oslo Storm

Salo is another Finnish goalie prospect that recently declared to play in the VHLM this season. Salo was placed on waivers and currently has a claim by Oslo and Minot, but it appears that Oslo has the higher priority as of right now. Salo is a native of Helsinki and played his junior hockey in the Finnish city. "Our scouts have been able to see a lot of Salo over the past two seasons. We feel he is a project, but has the potential to be a VHL starter in two to three seasons" said Helsinki Titans GM Higgins.

8477457.jpg

Blaine Olynick

Canada

Bern Royals

Olynick is a Canadian born goalie so it is strange that the Helsinki Titans have been scouting him so much. The Titans GM resides in Nova Scotia during the off-season and has close connections to the Halifax Mooseheads organization. Olynick played his junior hockey for Halifax in the QMJHL and was absolutely sensational as he broke multiple records. Olynick was drafted 5th overall by the Bern Royals and has become their starting goaltender for Season 36. "Olynick has shown a work ethic second to none so far. If he keeps it up he will be a starter in the VHL very soon" said Helsinki Titans GM Higgins.

If only I could have a fraction of the skill LeBeau currently has.

This was my first player here ever, quite sure you can do the same. Just got to keep motivated and keep doing the weekly tasks and you'll get there.

Wahl, Brookside, and Szat Jr?

Never mind, I should know better than to quote an early post before seeing if a later post beat me to it...

Well really what I was saying was in response to Corco.

Well really what I was saying was in response to Corco.

You're just the one I happened to quote. The response was more toward the prevailing point in the thread at that time, about Moher/Bagelface/Smyl vs. these three new guys and how up to that point they were forgetting Wahl/Brookside/Szat Jr.