VHLM Waiver Discussion

Had I known this, I wouldn't have let meg (assuming that is who you're talking about) become a GM a few seasons ago, regardless if she is inactive now.

Not you to blame. TFong got it in his head that Meg would work out.

Oh when 701 drafted her first overall, stepped down and made here GM... And then she was redrafted somewhere else anyway and first overall was used on someone else by her.

2604c8c350d537bb08322a3ea7a94a0fcf8606b5

Ah yes, forcing a player who obviously wants to compete to a team with no LR activity and no chance of making playoffs. Genius.  :rolleyes:

That's why you have to communicate with your players and see what they want to do. If they want a winning team, work something out with them to send them out and you get picks. It's that simple.

No specific player. I was just saying if I was a new player, I wouldn't want to go to a team where the only other person talking in the locker room would be your GM. Sims would also see the team being crushed most of the time. Wouldn't exactly encourage me to stick around.

No specific player. I was just saying if I was a new player, I wouldn't want to go to a team where the only other person talking in the locker room would be your GM. Sims would also see the team being crushed most of the time. Wouldn't exactly encourage me to stick around.

It may be a more active LR than others though.  :lol:

I'm the only active player on my team and I'm still here.  :mellow:

I'd feel better being on a team and playing than being left to rot on waivers.

Same with the guy with the long last named I claimed. I even told him before hand how it would be and he still wanted to come.

(Sorry RAJ. One day, I will learn how to spell part of your name)

• Admin

I'd feel better being on a team and playing than being left to rot on waivers.

This. And there's always the trade option. VHLM GMs should all be open to trading inactive players straight up for active ones. I know even teams like Bratislava have inactives who do nothing for them. Brampton can pick someone up and swap them with Bratislava. Easy.

This. And there's always the trade option. VHLM GMs should all be open to trading inactive players straight up for active ones. I know even teams like Bratislava have inactives who do nothing for them. Brampton can pick someone up and swap them with Bratislava. Easy.

Even more so, by convincing an active to come back, you can trade him for future assets if you desired.

• Admin

Even more so, by convincing an active to come back, you can trade him for future assets if you desired.

I don't know how willing some GMs are to trade draft picks, hence the inactive player trade point.

I don't know how willing some GMs are to trade draft picks, hence the inactive player trade point.

Touche, but the point remains there is NOTHING to lose by claiming someone.

Yeah, no way would any GM trade future picks for a player they don't get to keep past the season in most cases. 

I'll claim people, sure. I just didn't want to bring anyone to a team that obviously won't be up to much this season. :P