VHLM Waiver Discussion

I'm the only active player on my team and I'm still here.  :mellow:

And I will do my best to add more actives and keep it as fun as possible for you. I am also going to do my best to get us wins by getting those free agents and waiver pick ups. If any of you GMs have that old build chart that was in locker rooms can you PM it to me, I think it'd be something good to have for first gens.

And I will do my best to add more actives and keep it as fun as possible for you. I am also going to do my best to get us wins by getting those free agents and waiver pick ups. If any of you GMs have that old build chart that was in locker rooms can you PM it to me, I think it'd be something good to have for first gens.

Done.

It wasn't a shot at you by any means. You've been very helpful to me. I was just making a point that sometimes it's just up to the member how active they'd like to be. As much as we can sweet talk some new members, some people aren't meant to dedicate the time to come here as we do.

As the only active player on the team, it didn't change my view on the league or you. If anything it has made me more motivated to better my player in order to put up a stronger player playing behind decent inactive VHLMers. 

I would also love a copy of this.

I obviously support this - as VHLM Waiver Claims was something I brought up to the other GM's on the old forum about 3 -4 seasons ago. 

The other thing we need to look at is the frequency of VHLM Player Updates in the sim. For the past couple seasons we've had one update and that was at the beginning of the season. That's highly demotivating for new players, recreated players, and GM's. Basically you do all the work in the off-season, and build your team then because the players won't improve in the sim until the next year anyways. That's a problem.

Anyways, you don't need to talk me into this, I like it. I just figured I'd reply because it sounds like you all are waiting for each GM to respond. Considering half no-showed the draft, I can see us missing a few guys in this thread. Good discussion, fellas.

I obviously support this - as VHLM Waiver Claims was something I brought up to the other GM's on the old forum about 3 -4 seasons ago. 

The other thing we need to look at is the frequency of VHLM Player Updates in the sim. For the past couple seasons we've had one update and that was at the beginning of the season. That's highly demotivating for new players, recreated players, and GM's. Basically you do all the work in the off-season, and build your team then because the players won't improve in the sim until the next year anyways. That's a problem.

Anyways, you don't need to talk me into this, I like it. I just figured I'd reply because it sounds like you all are waiting for each GM to respond. Considering half no-showed the draft, I can see us missing a few guys in this thread. Good discussion, fellas.

Did half the GM's really no-show the draft? Ouch.

If I recall, Jardy updates: At the start of the season, at the mid point and at the start of the playoffs. I could be wrong though

I'm pretty sure the VHLM was updated at least at the trade deadline.

I think the VHLM lottery draft is a great idea for all but the top 2 teams. It completely would reduce the need for any team to all out tank, which I would consider really boring.

As for the waiver wire assigning players to teams, that sounds good as well.

There absolutely need to be more than three updates per season. Activity should be rewarded with their progress showing in the file and nothing is more frustrating than seeing your player suck balls in the sim because your updates don't get put in until half the season is already over.

There absolutely need to be more than three updates per season. Activity should be rewarded with their progress showing in the file and nothing is more frustrating than seeing your player suck balls in the sim because your updates don't get put in until half the season is already over.

This too. The problem is, I think updates take a really really long time. Maybe hire more updaters?

Austin just so you are aware. What I do on the board (and other updaters) doesn't do anything in the sim.

Yeah I got that. I'm sure it's a lot of hard work for Jardy to do in updating the sim, and I appreciate the work he does for it. However, would it be possible for a second trusted league member to update in the sim as well, with them and Jardy taking turns each time so we have double the updates throughout the season?

I guess it doesn't really matter if a team picks you up off waivers, because apparently you don't get put on the roster anyways.....

This is the problem that a lack of updates creates.

This is the problem that a lack of updates creates.

Not really. Updates in the sim and adding players is two different actions in the sim

I read some of this but with 10 pages I was like dayum a lot of this was probably covered and I'm not reading all of that.

1) Yes minor league players need to be updated more often whether Sterling/Higgins/ or we assign it a job that should happen.

2) The minor waiver change to allow anyone to be signed in 24 hours was a good rule (my idea :P so of course it was good) but it doesn't work if VHLM GMs dont use it.  I have the opinion that VHLM GMs are some of the most important people in this league toward new members and potential activity.  I also believe that of the 10 VHLM GMs we have a bunch of them are shitty for that job.  Having just been in the minors on the winning Lynx team I know for a fact Flyersfan did an amazing job.  I would have been fine losing having had the good experience on that team.  He posted every week links to every possible thread a VHLM player could earn TPE at (fantasy, welfare, predictions, practice facility, giveaway announcements, etc).  We need caring VHLM GMs more than we need "hire this player as a VHLM GM b/c he applied" I believe i'd rather give a VHLM GM job to another VHL GM or even another good VHLM GM than to just anyone.  I'd rather see flyerfan get 1 team in EU 1 team in NA than give it to some random person who does nothing to promote activity.  I'd even rather see myself get a VHLM GM job while being GM of Riga than give some random person the job if they don't do a good job to promote activity.

3) Devise probably others were promoting reducing the VHLM from 10 to 8 teams or even 6 and I also believe in this policy.  The VHLM's entire purpose is to promote activity for younger players/newer members until they can get to the VHL.  Having a fun, productive, and active LR in the minors is 100% a needed thing in the minors.  I think 10 teams discourages that and is stupid.  I had more fun with the Lynx this last season with Jamie/Eaglesfan/Flyersfan/Sterling/Myself/Stevo/Smarch?/Everyone Else I'm forgetting than I've had with the Reign during some seasons.  I see 0 reasons why we should have 10 teams where if a team has 1 active player it will be such a chore for them to stay active alone all season.

I read some of this but with 10 pages I was like dayum a lot of this was probably covered and I'm not reading all of that.

1) Yes minor league players need to be updated more often whether Sterling/Higgins/ or we assign it a job that should happen.

2) The minor waiver change to allow anyone to be signed in 24 hours was a good rule (my idea :P so of course it was good) but it doesn't work if VHLM GMs dont use it.  I have the opinion that VHLM GMs are some of the most important people in this league toward new members and potential activity.  I also believe that of the 10 VHLM GMs we have a bunch of them are shitty for that job.  Having just been in the minors on the winning Lynx team I know for a fact Flyersfan did an amazing job.  I would have been fine losing having had the good experience on that team.  He posted every week links to every possible thread a VHLM player could earn TPE at (fantasy, welfare, predictions, practice facility, giveaway announcements, etc).  We need caring VHLM GMs more than we need "hire this player as a VHLM GM b/c he applied" I believe i'd rather give a VHLM GM job to another VHL GM or even another good VHLM GM than to just anyone.  I'd rather see flyerfan get 1 team in EU 1 team in NA than give it to some random person who does nothing to promote activity.  I'd even rather see myself get a VHLM GM job while being GM of Riga than give some random person the job if they don't do a good job to promote activity.

3) Devise probably others were promoting reducing the VHLM from 10 to 8 teams or even 6 and I also believe in this policy.  The VHLM's entire purpose is to promote activity for younger players/newer members until they can get to the VHL.  Having a fun, productive, and active LR in the minors is 100% a needed thing in the minors.  I think 10 teams discourages that and is stupid.  I had more fun with the Lynx this last season with Jamie/Eaglesfan/Flyersfan/Sterling/Myself/Stevo/Smarch?/Everyone Else I'm forgetting than I've had with the Reign during some seasons.  I see 0 reasons why we should have 10 teams where if a team has 1 active player it will be such a chore for them to stay active alone all season.

Seeing as there was a lot to read you probably didn't catch the whole part about going down to 6 teams is hard in the sim and is more of a challenge that it should be. Thus it would never work.