VHLM Waiver Discussion

Because nothing gets the recruitment juices flowing like joining the Samoa Snipers.

So true!

Sad, but true.  :(

:P

Eh, i think diversity is good.. but i like me some white chicks ;)

Something else I would do to make it easier for players to get active again is getting rid of some of the deadlines. For example don't close training camp after a few days but let it stay open all season (maybe add a VHLM training camp as well), so that players that were inactive but come back don't have even more of a disadvantage because they missed the free training camp points, they missed out on enough PTs/Welfare already. Another example are the free christmas points, I think we should eliminate the "members who registered within the last two weeks" clause and just allow everyone to at least claim the free doubles week. This should be possible until next years christmas handout start. I just think it could go a long way in motivating someone who was inactive to come back full time if he sees that there are some points available that he can distribute right away to improve a player, and that not everything that he missed while he was gone has gone to waste completely. We wouldn't be handing out any unearned points by this but just eliminate something that could be really demotivating for someone who might be willing to get active again.

Romanes does bring up a good point. Maybe a VHLM Training Camp is more worth it than the Achievement tracker. Reward at the start rather than the end

• Head Moderator

Romanes does bring up a good point. Maybe a VHLM Training Camp is more worth it than the Achievement tracker. Reward at the start rather than the end

What stops them from claiming then going inactive later?

The practice facility is for them to check the website every week and the achievement tracker was just bonus points.

What stops them from claiming then going inactive later?

The practice facility is for them to check the website every week and the achievement tracker was just bonus points.

It doesn't stop people from going inactive later, but in general I think it would be a good incentive to have some points to distribute once you join a team. Also, the VHL has a training camp, so why shouldn't the VHLM have one?

• Head Moderator

It doesn't stop people from going inactive later, but in general I think it would be a good incentive to have some points to distribute once you join a team. Also, the VHL has a training camp, so why shouldn't the VHLM have one?

Incentive vs reward. You want to give them upfront points sure, I can understand that.

But I prefer to reward the active ones that keep checking back, hence the achievement tracker and facility.

Really speaking a large percentage of players never are interested enough to stay past the Vhlm, but the few that do are usually quality players and you want to reward their efforts. We don't want just any individual here, u want quality imo. You want th e people that make Pts, the ones that contribute.

Incentive vs reward. You want to give them upfront points sure, I can understand that.

But I prefer to reward the active ones that keep checking back, hence the achievement tracker and facility.

Really speaking a large percentage of players never are interested enough to stay past the Vhlm, but the few that do are usually quality players and you want to reward their efforts. We don't want just any individual here, u want quality imo. You want th e people that make Pts, the ones that contribute.

Training camp would be a way to reward actives though, in my opinion it would be both incentive and reward. Because you wouldn't be able to use the TPE right after registering, but would have to wait until you are drafted or claimed by a team. So we'd use the training camp to reward those people that log in again some time after they've registered.

Besides, it doesn't really make any sense that there is a training camp in the VHL but not in the VHLM, both from a realism standpoint and from a fairness standpoint.