[Reviewed] Claimed:Parechkin Destination: Unknown

Where, Oh Where Will He Go?

Well, that about does it for the current dynasty of the Toronto Legion. The 'threepeat' is in the past, and the many successes they had in this reign are in the rear view mirror. It is time to look ahead for the Legion, and try to acquire some assets for the future.

Various players on the Legion are set to retire, like the almighty Max Molholt, who has ridden with the blue and white from the beginning. The man broke into the league in strides, and took over as one of the VHL's best forwards for many seasons. Even into retirement, he is still regarded as just that. Then comes the goaltender, Greg Clegane, who the Legion are saddened to not be able to win him a cup, but he will go home glad for the opportunity to make the attempt. Not only are those two retiring, but legendary defenseman Phil Hamilton's days are over as well. Hell, even John Sleeman announced an early retirement, with much to be desired.

This begs the question, which is where will the rest of the core go, if they happen to be traded, or leave via Free Agency? LeAndre St. Pierre has always been a legit scorer in the VHL, and could immediately help any team on a cup run. Same goes for World B. Free, who is an underrated, reliable shut down defenseman in his own right. Then there is Jeff Hamilton, who has been outstanding as a defender in the VHL himself.

--------------------------

620-jvr-thumb-620xauto-336335.jpg

--------------------------

Zach Parechkin is probably the biggest name, maybe with a little bias in writing a media spot about my own player, in my opinion. He still has a season remaining on his contract in Toronto, but if they do decide to blow up the team, you can bet Zach Parechkin wants to go to a contender to get another shot at winning it all. Zach is a player who has been a VHL All-Star in almost every season he has played, and a multiple Grimm Jonsson winner. He also won the Rookie of the Year, Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy in his entrance to the VHL. He has won the Scott Boulet (Top Two-Way Forward) Trophy multiple times, and the Kevin Brooks (Most Goals) as well. On top of those accolades, he also brought home the Playoff MVP, Daisuke Kanou Trophy once. Zach is a three time Continental Cup winner, who has played out all of his seasons for the Toronto Legion.

So, will Zach play out one last season at home in Toronto, or will he be sent away for one last shot at the cup on a more contending team? He has no preferences to which team, and no hate for any either. The player agency itself is familiar with the likes of Calgary and Quebec City, however. Who knows what the future holds for Zach Parechkin? Who will be contenders next season for a run at the cup? Do they want Parechkin to immediately step onto their roster? I suppose for a lot of teams, this is too soon of a question to ask, but for Zach...his season is over, and he looks to the future.

36 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I'm sure you could feel right at home on the Bears roster...

Would not mind that one bit. Playing alongside Beketov has been a goal of mine, as well as evryday, ADwyer, and others.

It depends on what's going on, really. I mean, I suppose since your goalie is S48, Seattle will be trying to contend the whole time Holik is around. Franchises are basically based around if you can get a goalie or not.

My #1 destinations are probably New York or Seattle.

New York is pretty fucking full though, it looks like. I just say New York because when I came to the VHL, New York was the top team for so many seasons. Every time I checked the index, New York was on top. Odin Tordahl, Connor Low, Xin Xie Xiao, Brick Wahl....they had some big names. Huge influence on my beginning days in the VHL.

6 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Would not mind that one bit. Playing alongside Beketov has been a goal of mine, as well as evryday, ADwyer, and others.

It depends on what's going on, really. I mean, I suppose since your goalie is S48, Seattle will be trying to contend the whole time Holik is around. Franchises are basically based around if you can get a goalie or not.

My #1 destinations are probably New York or Seattle.

New York is pretty fucking full though, it looks like. I just say New York because when I came to the VHL, New York was the top team for so many seasons. Every time I checked the index, New York was on top. Odin Tordahl, Connor Low, Xin Xie Xiao, Brick Wahl....they had some big names. Huge influence on my beginning days in the VHL.

If the cap goes up next season like it's supposed to I may have options that would enable me to include you on the roster. Although with two goalies on the roster, I may have to make a decision on that sooner than later. But never say never, especially with a suspected cap increase. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Power said:

If the cap goes up next season like it's supposed to I may have options that would enable me to include you on the roster. Although with two goalies on the roster, I may have to make a decision on that sooner than later. But never say never, especially with a suspected cap increase. 

I'm obviously not someone of power, but I personally don't think there's going to be a cap increase this season, as there's not going to be a big enough influx of players to warrant one (There'll be 15 players retiring at season end and there's only going to be, at max, about 18 VHLM players moving up to VHL).

Also did some quick math and we're gonna be losing $50M in salary through retirements, but only gaining at most $40M in increases through rookie call-ups and players increasing from rookie to prime (the big source of salary increases usually). There's some other increases/decreases to account for obviously, but using that as a base, I'm not seeing anything thats going to warrant a cap increase.

Edited by YEAH!stlemania

42 minutes ago, YEAH!stlemania said:

I'm obviously not someone of power, but I personally don't think there's going to be a cap increase this season, as there's not going to be a big enough influx of players to warrant one (There'll be 15 players retiring at season end and there's only going to be, at max, about 18 VHLM players moving up to VHL).

Also did some quick math and we're gonna be losing $50M in salary through retirements, but only gaining at most $40M in increases through rookie call-ups and players increasing from rookie to prime (the big source of salary increases usually). There's some other increases/decreases to account for obviously, but using that as a base, I'm not seeing anything thats going to warrant a cap increase.

As a GM I have to plan for and work for what is announced. If they decide that we aren't going to be increasing the cap, a decision you clearly lay out some reason for, then so be it. But as of now it was announced that it would not go up this season, but would be next. Obviously it can and I'm assuming will still be evaluated. 

But despite a very compelling argument not too, I feel like we are going to feel the effects of project two as it relates to how teams build and the salary cap in the next couple of seasons anyway, and I'd much rather see the $2 million increase now than a couple seasons down the road when we actually need it. That said, obviously giving my current team structure I stand to benefit from an increase. However I think ignoring bias there is an actual argument for the increase. While your right the players coming up are lower, and more teams could just choose to go to more places, but as we've discussed previously regrading player builds and how TPE is affecting players, you aren't always going to get the salary cap out of a specific player just because of how STHS has been. I mean look at the top scorers this season as perfect evidence, the cap spent among the players around the top 10-20 in scoring is all over the place. 

But I'm also an optimist as it relates to project two, since I believe even if half end up being welfare players by Season 55, you should see a very very player heavy VHL. Sure we only see so many more 800+ TPE career actives, but you also see increases in the other tiers, and teams are going to fill up pretty fast. Especially once positional needs start getting taken care of, and then finding homes for players becomes not just a cap struggle but a need/fit struggle. I mean we already are seeing a bunch of that now. It's going to be interesting. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

As a GM I have to plan for and work for what is announced. If they decide that we aren't going to be increasing the cap, a decision you clearly lay out some reason for, then so be it. But as of now it was announced that it would not go up this season, but would be next. Obviously it can and I'm assuming will still be evaluated. 

But despite a very compelling argument not too, I feel like we are going to feel the effects of project two as it relates to how teams build and the salary cap in the next couple of seasons anyway, and I'd much rather see the $2 million increase now than a couple seasons down the road when we actually need it. That said, obviously giving my current team structure I stand to benefit from an increase. However I think ignoring bias there is an actual argument for the increase. While your right the players coming up are lower, and more teams could just choose to go to more places, but as we've discussed previously regrading player builds and how TPE is affecting players, you aren't always going to get the salary cap out of a specific player just because of how STHS has been. I mean look at the top scorers this season as perfect evidence, the cap spent among the players around the top 10-20 in scoring is all over the place. 

But I'm also an optimist as it relates to project two, since I believe even if half end up being welfare players by Season 55, you should see a very very player heavy VHL. Sure we only see so many more 800+ TPE career actives, but you also see increases in the other tiers, and teams are going to fill up pretty fast. Especially once positional needs start getting taken care of, and then finding homes for players becomes not just a cap struggle but a need/fit struggle. I mean we already are seeing a bunch of that now. It's going to be interesting. 

Out of interest, was there actually a post specifically saying that there would be an increase in salary for Season 53? The only thing I saw on the matter was in the S52 Salary Cap announcement, where they said that they would " re-assess the Salary Cap again next season in preparation for S53 ". which isn't any guarantee of an increase. But maybe there;s been a thread that I overlooked.

Personally, I also feel like a lot of the issues you bring up have been around for several seasons prior and were never used as a compelling argument for salary cap in the past. Regression on players has always meant that players never necessarily met the standard of play that their salary pertained to, but in the grand scheme of things it's a good indicator, and those who are outliers are more down to team makeup than anything else (Of the top 15 point scorers, 14 would be set to earn at least $4M in Season 53, the only one outside is Romanes player who benefited from a one line team). 

I'm very interested to actually compare our current and impending salary situation with where we were in Season 42/43 (the time when we were at our fullest in the ten team era), to see how the finances of both eras compare, because I'd be surprised if we're going to be close to the total salaries of players in that era, especially considering we've had a draft class of one VHL worthy player in this era. 

This is what I have regarding the salary cap 

We will re-assess the Salary Cap again next season in preparation for S53 as more and more 2nd players move from VHLM to VHL  

so I don't believe there was a guarantee that it was going up ever in S53 @Mr. Power

51 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

Maximoff 139 points

Muller 124 points

Parehkin sure could make all these totals jump next season if i decide to stay in Latvia @DollarAndADream @Toast ;) 

But what about your whole Muller > Parechkin thing?

Weren't we never supposed to play with each other? Only against? :P

I guess it's possible to have a goal/point race together on the same team. Anything is possible.

I have no team biases. I only want to go to a competitor, so if there are you teams out there who want Parechkin's services for his last hurrah for the cup, then feel free to acquire him. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2017 at 8:07 AM, DollarAndADream said:

as well as evryday

:wub:

Review: Nice article, even better career...so far. I wouldn't expect Toronto to keep you around this coming season but who knows, all the free agents could flock to Toronto and you guys will be a contender again, stranger things have happened.

As usual, no grammar or spelling problems. Content and word count checks out. Keep it up!

• evrydayimbyfuglien changed the title to [Reviewed] Claimed:Parechkin Destination: Unknown