Claimed: Seemed like a good time to make a goalie (1/2)

I have never made a goalie in the VHL before so I figured why not make one right now. Shawn Brodeur was my plan after Muller but with the big influx of goalies I didn't feel like fighting tooth and nail with them. So i waited and now I get carryover from Shawn Muller to use on Shawn Brodeur so that is pretty lit. 

:cal:Calgary Wranglers:cal:

Jacob is a S53 goalie who will be in his 5th season in the VHL by the time Brodeur gets drafted in S57 so it seems Jacob would be one of the better in the league but will he stick it out in Calgary? seems likely so Calgary might not be interested in Brodeur. Although, it'd be pretty cool to play in Calgary as it is one of the places in the VHL I have never played in and I wanna play with eagles at least once in my VHL career with any player. @Higgins @eaglesfan036

:nya:New York Americans:nya:

Jakab Holik is set to retire after this season and will have 981 TPE so that is a big goalie gone from the herd right away Holik should be remembered as one of the best goalies of his generation. They do have MT Power who is sitting at 437 TPE but he is a S52 player and will be entering his 5th season next season and possibly will be depreciated unless he decides to retire. So New York seems to be in the market for a goaltender possibly. @Beketov @Devise

:que:Quebec City Meute:que:

Apollo Skye is a S51 goalie who will be starting his 7th season by the time I get drafted to the VHL so Quebec might be in the market for a goalie. He has 722 TPE right now and will be depreciated. Will Quebec be on the rebuild by the time I get to the VHL and pick me? It would be interesting because I love frank and would love to go there. Following Skye's footsteps would be tough though. @Velevra @Frank

:sea:Seattle Bears:sea:

Seattle is a rebuilding team right now and it remains to be seen if they will still be rebuilding in the future by the time S57 roles around. Joanna Akerfeldt (wo)mans the net right now but at S50 and 149 TPE she won't be the starter much longer. Akerfeldt would be in her 8th season by the time the draft roles around although it is hard to see her sticking with the team that long. @enigmatic @Banackock

:tor:Toronto Legion:tor:

Torstein Ironside will be entering his prime by the time the draft roles around and will be one of my competitors for top goalie year in a year out as he already has 409 TPE. Toronto won't be looking for a goalie at all. @DollarAndADream

:col:Cologne Express:col:

Vernon Von Axelberry and Thomas Smith are the goalies in Cologne right now. V2A was just drafted in S54 and has 294 TPE making him a good goalie and will be entering his prime by the time S57 roles around so it remains to be seen if he will keep getting better or if GM Anderson goes for the younger goalie in S57 who has the possibility of being better than V2A. @BobertZ @punkhippie

:dav:HC Davos Dynamo:dav:

mistake is still young and will be entering just his 5th season by the time S57 roles around. He has a decent amount of TPE with 444 which could only get better right? it is up to mistake himself and GM Smarch to see if mistake is the right man for the net in S57 or if they will look to get younger at the position at a chance for someone who will give it his all. The team also signed 'backup' goalie Threencarncion but he will be in his 6th season by the time S57 roles around and will be starting only 28 games in S57. @YEAH!stlemania @Strtlght @Smarch

:hel:Helsinki Titans:hel:

Astrid Moon is in the same boat as mistake. drafted in S53 and will be just entering his 5th season by the time the draft roles around. He has 510 TPE right now and will only get better. As one of the best goalies right now it seems as if the Titans will hold on to him as long as they can. But will he retire a bit earlier than intended as the agency has been known for? it remains to be seen but I am pretty sure the answer is no. But you can never be too sure. @The Trollfecta @Higgins

:rig:Riga Reign:rig:

Riga has Markus King right now and boy is he ever good. He is sitting at 508 TPE and will only get better by the time S57 roles around so Riga will not be looking for a goalie by the time S57 roles around unless King decides to bolt. King will also be one of the top goalies and would be tough to unseat him or Ironside as the best goalie in the VHL.

:sto:Stockholm Vikings:sto:

Stockholm has Rhett DeGrath who seems to be on the same trajectory as the players from the STZ do and that is the HoF. He will be entering his 6th season by the time S57 roles around but will he be with the Vikings still? maybe Brodeur ends up here. It would be a tough act to follow though. @STZ @Advantage

(S48) Jakab Holik - 981 TPE - retiring

(S50) Joanna Akerfeldt - 149 TPE - 8th season, depreciated by S57 and retiring

(S51) Apollo Skye - 722 TPE - 7th season, depreciated by S57

(S52) Rhett DeGrath - 692 TPE - 6th season, depreciated by S57

(S52) Edwin Threencarnacion - 605 TPE - 6th season, depreciated by S57

(S52) M.T Power - 437 TPE - 6th season, depreciated by S57

(S53) Astrid Moon - 510 TPE - 5th season by S57, depreciated by S58

(S53) Jacob - 479 TPE - 5th season by S57, depreciated by S58

(S53) mistake - 444 TPE - 5th season by S57, depreciated by S58

(S54) Markus King - 508 TPE - 4th season by S57, depreciated by S59

(S54) Torstein Ironside - 409 TPE - 4th season by S57, depreciated by S59

(S54) Vernon Von Axelberry - 294 TPE - 4th season by S57, depreciated by S59

for Brodeur

I probably have a lot more than that btw. Power has been claiming welfare and off-season stuffs for over a season now, I haven't updated him in like...two seasons. He'll be over 500 by next season I imagine. 

5 minutes ago, Devise said:

I probably have a lot more than that btw. Power has been claiming welfare and off-season stuffs for over a season now, I haven't updated him in like...two seasons. He'll be over 500 by next season I imagine. 

So you really should be paying the salary cap space for that extra tpe? 

@YEAH!stlemania what's the ruling on a player sitting on all that tpe and not updating in order to keep his cap hit lower? Is that allowed?

7 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

@YEAH!stlemania what's the ruling on a player sitting on all that tpe and not updating in order to keep his cap hit lower? Is that allowed?

He's not over 500 now. I haven't updated him since May, but i've only been earning 4 a week with him. 5 some weeks. And even then I think I missed a week. The "ruling" states that he would of had to been over 500 by last off-season TPE cutoff for salary. No chance in hell that'll happen, he's probably just over 500 now after updates including to this point in the season. 

13 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

At the cap deadline, I always go through everyone's recent posts to check what TPE they are holding on to and add that to their current TPE to determine their salary, so that's not an issue.

Ryan's at the right cap this season, he's somewhat over-exaggerating when he says he hasn't updated in 2 seasons, as he updated at the start of this one. 

3 minutes ago, YEAH!stlemania said:

At the cap deadline, I always go through everyone's recent posts to check what TPE they are holding on to and add that to their current TPE to determine their salary, so that's not an issue.

Ryan's at the right cap this season, he's somewhat over-exaggerating when he says he hasn't updated in 2 seasons, as he updated at the start of this one. 

yup, sounds like Ryan to me, mr. exaggerator 

3 hours ago, eaglesfan036 said:

Just to be the devil's advocate. You have done this with all your past players, s essentially you are asking a question that could hurt you if you hear the response you are looking for.

24 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Just to be the devil's advocate. You have done this with all your past players, s essentially you are asking a question that could hurt you if you hear the response you are looking for.

that's partially why i was curious on the ruling

Review:

A nice media spot showing Brodeur's possible landing spots once he reaches the VHL. As everyone knows, being a goalie in this league can get awkward at times, as there's only a limited number of starting spots and an even smaller number of competing teams who would "want" a good goalie. Seems like you've identified a couple of preferable teams to join. My hats off to you, because after going through a goalie with Bernie, I don't think I'd ever do it again.

• Fire Tortorella changed the title to Seemed like a good time to make a goalie (1/2)