Claimed: First 48 [1/2]

Tyler

Since I became a new GM in Davos I have made some moves that have raised some eyebrows. It's understandable why would a team that went to the seventh game of the finals rebuild so quickly? The answer is that I feel as if I was selling off in a time where a few teams were eager to jump in to the competitive fold. Seattle and Calgary both were aggressive in trying to get their hands on some of the better assets and in the end I found a deal with both of them. The other thing, is that I would have to trade Rusty Trombone, an incredibly valuable winger who was the former GM player and due to rules had to be moved. I had no way to really replace a player like that and it would require me moving Season 59 draft picks which wasn't something I wanted to do so soon. Therefore, it left me with no real choice but to trade away my valuable assets, some of whom were in their primes, for draft picks. 

My first move was

TRADES

To Quebec: :que:

D - Lee King Snatch

RW - Diana Maxwell

S59 Dav 2nd

To Davos: :dav:

S57 Que 1st

S59 Que 1st

John Locke

This trade is pretty self explanatory. I moved veteran superstars in Diana Maxwell and Lee King Snatch (as well as a second) for a first in Season 57, a first in Season 59 which could be valuable and veteran winger John Locke. So in all, I traded two guys who were not in my plans due to age for two first round picks and a player I knew I could flip to a more desperate team for another draft pick. I did debate keeping Locke briefly if only because I don't have my own first this year (New York does) which means "tanking" would not benefit me at all, but in the end I decided to move him elsewhere. The season 59 first could be valuable depending on what happens with Quebec at that point. They don't have a huge window left but Frank is a smart GM and will do whatever he can, I assume, to make sure that pick is not a good one. This was a win win trade because it likely opens the door for a back to back title for Quebec but it also gives me some valuable assets going forward.

To :rig:

John Locke

Rusty Trombone

To :dav:

S57 HSK 1st

S59 RIG 1st

in this deal I moved out the aforementioned Locke and GM player Rusty Trombone for Riga's first in Season 59 and the 5th overall pick in the most recent draft. The 5th pick got me a very good prospect who should be the face of my offense going forward while the Riga first could, depending on draft depth, be a solid pick as well. Locke and Trombone will be key contributors to Riga's offense in their path to the finals. Trombone in particular has a lot of hope to still be an active player with Smarch making comments that he could return to activity with that player. Either way, it should be an interesting scenario and another win win trade.

To Calgary:

Shawn Gretzky @TheLastOlympian07

Motherfucker Sharpe @JardyB10

To Davos:

S57 CGY 1st

S58 CGY 1st

S59 CGY 1st

This trade more then the others was one I was hoping would work out. Gretzky is likely to be one of the leagues better players once he hits his prime so it was tough to trade him. However, in the deal I managed to get three first round picks while other teams were offering two firsts and some other assets. I get three draft picks and while none of them will likely be top tier picks, I managed to get some bargaining chips for the future as well as giving me the chance to draft a few players to help the rebuild going forward. Personally I may have been under selling Gretzky a little but you can only take what is out there, and when one team is offering three firsts and others offering two, it became a no brainier to accept Calgary's offer. WIth Sharpe Calgary is getting a very good locker room presence as well as a solid depth forward that should make them competitive in North America. 

To :dav:

Augustus Gloop

S58 SEA 1st

To :sea:

Peter Quill

This was a trade I was not trying to make. Quill is only a season 55 player which means he has some value moving forward. However, in the end the last thing I wanted to do was end up in a situation where his value was decreasing for any variety of reasons. I get an active locker room presence in Gloop as well as a probable future VHL player. I also managed to get a Season 58 first round pick which means I continue to add up draft picks for the next two drafts which should help my rebuild along to a quicker conclusion. I don't know if Quill was worth trading and of all my trades this is the one that keeps me thinking, which I would say speaks to the quality of @Green as a member and in fact as a player creator.

NYA sends:

S57 DAV 3rd

DAV sends:

Rights to Takashi Fujimoto

Simply put Fujimoto was not going to re-sign in Davos for the rebuild or so I could get better value so I traded him to whomever was willing to offer something. In the end he went to New York and should be a good player for them if he does re-sign.

To Cologne:

S57 CGY 1st (7th Overall)

To Davos:

S57 DAV 1st (9th Overall)

S57 COL 2nd (13th Overall)

Just moving down in the draft to add a few more picks and hope one of them truly does pan out. I didn't have any specific target in mind at 7 because of how random this draft appeared to be from the start so this wasn't a difficult move for me to make. I basically got 13th overall for nothing in my eyes because Advantage was never going to target the players I would go after. He got his franchise goalie with the pick, so it was a bit of a no brainier for him. 

To Quebec: :que:

Pablo

To Davos: :dav:

S58 STO 2nd* 

S57 QUE 3rd

This trade here is one that I had been talking about for a while. Pablo is planning on re signing in Quebec so I get the second and the third for this one. The third i knew would be a placeholder pick with little to no luck at the person ever coming online. The second however does look like it could hold some value with Stockholm (or Vasteras) looking like a team that should be low in the standings this season as well. I wish Pablo would have re-signed in Davos before hand so his value would be higher but such is the way of the road sometimes and you can't always get what you want. In the end, I hope that second does become a good asset for me, but if not I hope Pablo can have a good career in Quebec.

DRAFT

In the draft itself I had a few targets on my list. I really wanted Keaton Louth or Jeff Gow at number five. I figured one of them would be available and in the end it was Gow that was there for me. He did inform me before the draft he would be active and sign a rookie contract in Davos however after that he couldn't grantee me a thing. Which, to me, is totally fair. He is allowed to do that if he wants to and it's up to me to put a competitive team around my best player going forward. I hope I am able to do that, and I don't see why I can't with all the assets I have moving forward. Gow to me is a franchise forward, someone you can rely on to play his entire career at the upper echelon of VHL forwards. I hope he spends his entire career in purple and black and can win a few championships along the way.

Later in the first round I had back to back picks. I originally wanted to draft someone else but wound up taking Ko Kane and Matt Denning. Kane is a risky pick in that Robbie has been an enigma of late, but at his level of TPE if he does stick to the team for a while he will be a valuable pick who has a solid chance to be a steal. I have had relatively good relations with robbie going way back to when I was a kid in the Short Bus days, so I have no doubts we can work together in the future. That said, only time will tell and it is truly up to him what he wants to do. I took Matt Denning at 10 which was a bit of a reach. I personally think he has potential to be a great first gen. player in this league and I just hope he remains active. He doesn't post a whole lot but I've always liked what he does with his media spots and I think first generation players like him do tend to be a bit underrated around the league. I hope he proves me right.

The last pick of substance I made was 13th overall. I took Davis Kiaskov with that pick. Another player that has a bit of a checkered past but another player I trust to be valuable moving forward. I've had some talks with him already and he does say he will be a steal and I tend to take people for their word as much as I can. He certainly has steal potential as well and I think he is one of those players who are super important in the VHL. 

I got one of my two main targets in the draft which is really all I can ask at this point. I hope one of the other picks I made can stay active and remain a loyal Dynamo for a while. We do have a long road ahead of ourselves, but with assets already drafted, future assets and a whopper in net, we should be fine and maybe quicker then others expect. As for what is next there likely isn't much left to do except sign the guys I drafted, put up training camp and maybe look in to the future and start preparing for the Season 58 draft. In that draft I have both Calgary and Seattle's first round picks. Those two picks are poised to be in the middle of the first round or maybe near the end of it. Either way, I trust that I can get something of value with those picks whether through trade or by drafting young players. Season 59 however is where I have to make my impact with four (!) first round picks. I have my own first round pick which should be a top pick, Quebec's first round pick, Calgary's first round pick as well as Riga's. I hope at least one of those picks will be a franchise altering pick and I think there's s very good chance to get a couple of good players in that round. Most importantly, I hope those picks are good enough to convince someone like Jeff Gow that it's worth sticking around for the end of the rebuild. On the other hand, if we need to speed up the rebuild, there is a godo chance a few teams will be thirsty to get their picks back and could trade more then a few valuable veteran assets in exchange.

Davos is in for a pretty long rebuild but with the assets I have already drafted as well as the ones I am planning on picking up with the next two drafts, I have no doubt we can be a competitive team in a speedy manner.

2018 words so this is for 4 weeks for Burger King.

8 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

like i said to you I hope you all the best and respect your decision to rebuild. I kind of wish you kept us together for one more season but I totally see why you did it because you did get a lot of picks back. 

Step two is to not overvalue the S58 and S59 draft classes, while step three is to not fuck up the picks! Lessons from the Cologne GM!

1 hour ago, Bushito said:

Fucked another GM over, Traded Boom for nothing, drafted Zimmers, stellar start. 

If you feel fucked over. Blame the blue team not Tyler. He even posted the trade.

Boom would have left anyway otherwise

And Zimmers. Well cant argue there. You never know what you get.

• Corco changed the title to Claimed: First 48
  • 3 weeks later...