A Quick Update

Devise

We are closing in on the end of the season, so I wanted to provide a quick update to the entire user base on some of the things going on, and some areas we are looking for some more help/improvement. 

For starters we have a well overdue Update Guideline. Thanks to @Kendrick for providing that, it is currently a pinned post at the top of every teams updating threads. Please try to follow the guidelines to make life as easy on our updater teams as possible. 

Speaking of updaters, we are short a VHLM updater after Corco had to recently step away due to personal reasons. Please see the job thread here if you are interested. This is a role we obviously need filled, so the sooner your ready to start the better. 

Another pivotal job that will need filling in the coming weeks as well is that of the Calgary Wranglers General Manager. @Bring Back Chat has been filling in the role until we can find a replacement. Please PM either him, or one of the Blue Team if you are interested in the position. We'd like to get a head start on trying to fill that for next season, so if you are interested please say so. Note that this is just to fill the role of the Wranglers GM, as of now there are no plans for any relocations if you take over. We are just looking for the right person to come in and fill a hole of a historic franchise on the upswing. 

Lastly some of the Media Spot guidelines were amended to reflect the changes allowing users to post tasks in advance, as well as allowing higher word MS to count for multiple weeks. If you ever need a refresher on how that works those guidelines can be found here.

That should be it for now. However we are constantly looking at the suggestion threads and other areas of the forum. If you have been posting thoughts, of which I know a lot of users have, they have been read. As we continue to discuss what the long term future of this place looks like, I can't prioritize enough how important some of our holes are and how we'd love to see more and more members step up. Whether it be GM, Updater, or those interested in joining the BoG. Or even just making yourself a more active presence around the board. If your interested in getting more involved you only have to make it known. Let's have a good final part of the Season, and a great Season 58 playofs. :cheers: 

6 minutes ago, KGR said:

Haha Kendrick at it again

Seeing @Exlaxchronicles update thread first hand it was pretty obvious we needed this, updating guidelines were pretty absent and we kind of just went by word of mouth or linking to other peoples updates.

Realistically people can format an update how they please, provided a clear concise version of the information an updater needs is visible. The guidelines lay that out clear enough. 

2 hours ago, Devise said:

Seeing @Exlaxchronicles update thread first hand it was pretty obvious we needed this, updating guidelines were pretty absent and we kind of just went by word of mouth or linking to other peoples updates.

Realistically people can format an update how they please, provided a clear concise version of the information an updater needs is visible. The guidelines lay that out clear enough. 

Some of ours were crystal already.

3 minutes ago, KGR said:

Some of ours were crystal already.

Sure not denying that. But some pre-defined formatting is useful for ease on the updaters. Besides clarifying it so everyone can see isn't a bad idea in any regard. That said I know you and @Kendrick have issues when it comes to updating and you like to make life harder on him. :P 

3 minutes ago, Devise said:

Sure not denying that. But some pre-defined formatting is useful for ease on the updaters. Besides clarifying it so everyone can see isn't a bad idea in any regard. That said I know you and @Kendrick have issues when it comes to updating and you like to make life harder on him. :P 

No. He tries to make things harder for me when mine are already simple. I wasn't speaking of mine directly but since you brought it up, yeah.

1 hour ago, KGR said:

No. He tries to make things harder for me when mine are already simple. I wasn't speaking of mine directly but since you brought it up, yeah.

Wait, who is the guy updating again?

Also the way I asked you to do is actually less characters and easier to do, literally everyone agrees when I tell them that. You just want to be an ass

• Senior Admin

I just realize you jerks raised the MS word count from 450 to 500 in making the change about long MS's. 

A small difference but it should have stayed at 450 for the people that are going to write on a weekly basis instead of once a month imo. 

22 minutes ago, Quik said:

Any openings in the BoG?

As you can see in http://this thread, in Job Interview forum, we are always taking applications of interest in the BoG. All you gotta do is PM myself or @Beketov your interest, and some brief explanation on what you think you offer/why you want to join. We aren't being overly picky about who joins provided everyone has had a chance to veto it. I don't see any problems with members who are active and suggesting things around here though, which you have been of late.