Old boys club

Gooningitup

Just now, jRuutu said:

This small roster stuff is good way to get rid of people as well, basically like playing yard hockey with your friends. What if people want to see deep rosters?

And to be honest, if the league drops 4 teams right now - do even 2 teams have even 3 full F lines and 3 full D lines with active players?

Drop 2 teams. Keep the 2 player system. All teams need to field a good team is 6F - 4D - 1G. Some teams get by with less than that. We don't need anything at all like GOMHL/SHL at all. Those deep teams would make you lose a shit ton more players than the league would want to lose

Just now, jRuutu said:

If the 1 line or 2 line system where that is all teams have, I´m not coming back.

I think we would be alright with just 1 person leaving rather than have multiple people leave. Go back to the GOMHL or SHL if you enjoy deep rosters so much. Good bye and thanks for playing.

19 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Might as well go in hard right away and take 4 out instead of 2, what if the 2 does not change anything? If you take 4 out, you are almost guaranteed to have wider rosters = tighter regular seasons and more active LRs.

When you have wider rosters and active LRs, keeping new people in VHL is a lot easier.

If the two doesnt change anything we can eventually go down to 6 teams, but the other way around makes less sense. Not sure why that's hard to understand.

3 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Don't you see? Not every member wants to see too deep roster when your player getting like 10 minutes per game. That's boring af and that leads to nothing. 6F/4D/1G per team is enough.

But you will move to 2nd and 1st line the better you get as a player? How is that a bad thing? Where is the fun in just playing one or two years in juniors and then you are automatically a 1st or 2nd line player in VHL? Why not even add third line into that picture, move from juniors to VHL, good change you will play season or two on the third line before moving to bigger role?

1 minute ago, jRuutu said:

But you will move to 2nd and 1st line the better you get as a player? How is that a bad thing? Where is the fun in just playing one or two years in juniors and then you are automatically a 1st or 2nd line player in VHL? Why not even add third line into that picture, move from juniors to VHL, good change you will play season or two on the third line before moving to bigger role?

No one wants to play 10 mins per game and have seasons of 10 points. It's one of the reasons why I left SHL and why I am going to leave the GOMHL.

2 minutes ago, KGR said:

I think we would be alright with just 1 person leaving rather than have multiple people leave. Go back to the GOMHL or SHL if you enjoy deep rosters so much. Good bye and thanks for playing.

:( I thought the league needed players, now you are so easily getting rid of one. Don´t you think it´s bit sad that a user like me is shown the door because I want to see more than just 1 or 2 line league? Adding even a third line would be huge, but for users like you - it sounds like playing in the third line for season or two is the end of the world?

For the record the current cap and contract salary bracket actually makes it impossible to field a lineup more than 9 players.. 

I appreciate the passion, but youre a bit out of touch. I think you enjoy being a contrarian. Two team contraction will be good. NY will be icing a team with two full lines next season, so pls don’t fire me jruutu

Just now, jRuutu said:

:( I thought the league needed players, now you are so easily getting rid of one. Don´t you think it´s bit sad that a user like me is shown the door because I want to see more than just 1 or 2 line league? Adding even a third line would be huge, but for users like you - it sounds like playing in the third line for season or two is the end of the world?

What you are suggesting is risking losing more than one. I'd rather get rid of 1 and keep everyone else rather than lose 2 or more because you want to contract to a silly 6 teams.

Just now, jRuutu said:

Maybe you are the hard worker in sim league, but not everybody are built like that. And it's not pretty to limit a kinda decent 400-500 TPE guy to 10-15 minutes just because he's doing less things than some TPE whore.

Like me in GOMHL - I'm not visiting it often because my guy was playing only 10-15 minutes and only a champiosnhip caliber team in Ontario kept me there. But I'll be gone after Egons cause it's not fun see my player in the third line and having small role.

1 minute ago, KGR said:

No one wants to play 10 mins per game and have seasons of 10 points. It's one of the reasons why I left SHL and why I am going to leave the GOMHL.

You will be in the scoring role and a star player in both leagues if you stay active and do the PTs, there is no if´s, you will be. Just takes more time in SHL because the seasons take more time, but not sure why its a problem in gomhl? Fastest seasons than in many leagues and to be a top-6 player, you need to get something like 200 TPE? That is what, 3 or 4 seasons = 5ish months irl time?

3 minutes ago, STZ said:

For the record the current cap and contract salary bracket actually makes it impossible to field a lineup more than 9 players.. 

I appreciate the passion, but youre a bit out of touch. I think you enjoy being a contrarian. Two team contraction will be good. NY will be icing a team with two full lines next season, so pls don’t fire me jruutu

Drop teams and of course tweak the salary cap system as well? 2 lines is good, but I´m having hard time to believe even half of the league has the same after dropping 2 teams.

5 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Why top prospects do it all the time? Guys who dont put in the work generally flatline as VHLMer or role players. The guys who generally make it far are the higher end guys. I dont want to grind 3-4 seasons just to see me star then i retire 3 seasons later. Deep teams dont benefit, 8 season max players at all.

Just now, jRuutu said:

You will be in the scoring role and a star player in both leagues if you stay active and do the PTs, there is no if´s, you will be. Just takes more time in SHL because the seasons take more time, but not sure why its a problem in gomhl? Fastest seasons than in many leagues and to be a top-6 player, you need to get something like 200 TPE? That is what, 3 or 4 seasons = 5ish months irl time?

I had to basically beg for a trade to a rebuilding team to even see any playing time in the top 6. I'd rather not go through that shit on two different leagues. I put in the work just like other people and enjoy success at my own rate. I didn't put up huge numbers in NY with 3 of my other teammates putting up 100 minimum each, but I did enjoy being part of a team that has a bright future and I look forward to my second season. In Helsinki, well I am a goalie so no conversation there.

1 minute ago, hedgehog337 said:

Maybe you are the hard worker in sim league, but not everybody are built like that. And it's not pretty to limit a kinda decent 400-500 TPE guy to 10-15 minutes just because he's doing less things than some TPE whore.

Like me in GOMHL - I'm not visiting it often because my guy was playing only 10-15 minutes and only a champiosnhip caliber team in Ontario kept me there. But I'll be gone after Egons cause it's not fun see my player in the third line and having small role.

I assume you are talking about SHL, but if you are a 400-500 TPE guy, you will be in the bottom-6 more than likely, just the way it goes. If top-6 has players who have 1000 TPE or more, but also started 5 -7 seasons before you, you will be in smaller and waiting your turn.

You would be in the first or 2nd line in few teams in GOMHL. Active players in gomhl are worth shit loads, test FA and see for yourself ;) (Or ask a trade)

5 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

Why top prospects do it all the time? Guys who dont put in the work generally flatline as VHLMer or role players. The guys who generally make it far are the higher end guys. I dont want to grind 3-4 seasons just to see me star then i retire 3 seasons later. Deep teams dont benefit, 8 season max players at all.

I understand where you are coming from, but at the same time if you cater so heavily for users who cant put in so much work every week and try to keep them happy,  you will eventually lose the users who could put in the work,  bit like in here now. What is the point in doing PTs and stuff when at the same time users claim 4 points from welfare. You would think with a option like welfare, we would have deeper rosters than now, why that is not the case?

Edited by jRuutu

3 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

While we were arguing hard this man drops the realest reason here. Yes, deeper roster thing fails in a league with having only 8 seasons per player.

I assume you are talking about SHL, but if you are a 400-500 TPE guy, you will be in the bottom-6 more than likely, just the way it goes. If top-6 has players who have 1000 TPE or more, but also started 5 -7 seasons before you, you will be in smaller and waiting your turn.

I was burned out in SHL even before that racial meltdown btw. And if even if I'll someday comeback to that league (which won't happen anyway) I would leave in like 3-4 months cause it's too hard for me.

3 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

You would be in the first or 2nd line in few teams in GOMHL. Active players in gomhl are worth shit loads, test FA and see for yourself ;) (Or ask a trade)

Active 500 TPE, active 400 TPE or active 200 TPE, who has the priority huh? It's obviously that the 200 TPE guy will get less minutes which is less fun.

2 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

What is the point in doing PTs and stuff when at the same time users claim 4 points from welfare. You would think with a option like welfare, we would have deeper rosters than now, why that is not the case?

So we're getting back to a welfare eh?

5 minutes ago, KGR said:

I had to basically beg for a trade to a rebuilding team to even see any playing time in the top 6. I'd rather not go through that shit on two different leagues. I put in the work just like other people and enjoy success at my own rate. I didn't put up huge numbers in NY with 3 of my other teammates putting up 100 minimum each, but I did enjoy being part of a team that has a bright future and I look forward to my second season. In Helsinki, well I am a goalie so no conversation there.

But that is what you do in these leagues though? If the role you are currently in is not what you want, you move out or try to at least?  Active players are always wanted, some team somewhere will have a spot for you in their top lines.  Problem in here right now is that teams don´t have too much that they can trade away, so I can see why GM wants to hold on to you as long as possible if the return is a draft pick or a inactive player who is already worse than you are.

In GOMHL it´s the same thing, hard to do a fair trade, you need to basically leave as a free agent if you want to get into ideal situation because GMs just don´t have too many things they can trade away.

But that is what you do in these leagues though? If the role you are currently in is not what you want, you move out or try to at least?  Active players are always wanted, some team somewhere will have a spot for you in their top lines.  Problem in here right now is that teams don´t have too much that they can trade away, so I can see why GM wants to hold on to you as long as possible if the return is a draft pick or a inactive player who is already worse than you are.

In GOMHL it´s the same thing, hard to do a fair trade, you need to basically leave as a free agent if you want to get into ideal situation because GMs just don´t have too many things they can trade away.

In the GOMHL it's easy as GM's have a plethora of things to trade. Their rosters are way too deep for them. Therefore they have more than enough to make a deal. Here, the deep rosters aren't needed. They can't fit under the salary cap and on top of it, no one is going to WANT to actually play 3rd line.

5 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

I understand where you are coming from, but at the same time if you cater so heavily for users who cant put in so much work every week and try to keep them happy,  you will eventually lose the users who could put in the work,  bit like in here now. What is the point in doing PTs and stuff when at the same time users claim 4 points from welfare. You would think with a option like welfare, we would have deeper rosters than now, why that is not the case?

Except its the people who put in work who stay? Lol and welfare bums who eventually burn out. Look at @Beaviss worked his ass off still here, where many new bloods who just try to do welfare disapear?. 

The 4 is only for the old dogs who have put in 2 players of work. A new member is rewarded more for writing than welfare. 

Which if you read my media piece and others has been a topic im sure head office is looking at is changing welfare. To either a check or maybe just more for new members. Its new member retentionissue we have not old dogs.

6 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Drop teams and of course tweak the salary cap system as well? 2 lines is good, but I´m having hard time to believe even half of the league has the same after dropping 2 teams.

Is that a question or a statement? The Salaray Bracket has been a topic of interest since as long as I’ve been around. There are pros and cons to it, but a major con is the fact that it’s harder to ice a full active team. I’d love to hear how you would adjust it, as it also deals with parity of the league which I understand you want as well.

I’ll say it again, I think you like being a contrarian and arguing in circles.. every suggestion you make is radical. I think the basis of your logic is pretty sound, but the more I read of your posts the more I think you just like to argue for radical change because you know it will never happen.

There are no older members saying that changes shouldn’t be made - we all just realize what the true problem is. It’s the recruitment and more importantly the retention of new members. I firmly believe the league needs to focus on making it more fun and interactive to keep people engaged. Contracting two teams is a fine temporary solution, but we just need to make the league more fun to keep players around (I made several suggestions on how to do that if you want to look up the Suggestion Forum)

3 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

While we were arguing hard this man drops the realest reason here. Yes, deeper roster thing fails in a league with having only 8 seasons per player.

I was burned out in SHL even before that racial meltdown btw. And if even if I'll someday comeback to that league (which won't happen anyway) I would leave in like 3-4 months cause it's too hard for me.

Active 500 TPE, active 400 TPE or active 200 TPE, who has the priority huh? It's obviously that the 200 TPE guy will get less minutes which is less fun.

So we're getting back to a welfare eh?

Could also look into the career length if teams will be dropped?

SHL just takes more time due to longer seasons, you can build a star player by doing the PT´s, (150 -200 words once per week and other smaller PT´s, predictions etc)

If you have 3 lines of active players, basically that is the way it goes, better players play more, but if you got 400 TPE inactive vs a 200 TPE active, GMs will hopefully put more focus on the 200 TPE active and maybe even play him/her on the 2nd line

No, but kinda interesting how welfare is seen as one of the biggest things that keeps VHL together, but at the same time the league also makes sure those same people get whatever they want on the sim as well,  end of the world if welfare user has to play 2nd or 3rd line. No, we need to have them on the 1st or 2nd line for sure.  Do PT´s =Big minutes, Welfare player = Big minutes. What is the point in doing PT´s? You play better in the sim? Yea, we saw how that went this year for example.

4 minutes ago, KGR said:

In the GOMHL it's easy as GM's have a plethora of things to trade. Their rosters are way too deep for them. Therefore they have more than enough to make a deal. Here, the deep rosters aren't needed. They can't fit under the salary cap and on top of it, no one is going to WANT to actually play 3rd line.

But they don´t have, you as a active player will be worth shit loads the closer you get to the 200 TPE, once you get over it and stay active, very few teams can just trade for you just like that, certainly expecting to get fair trade like good active player for good active player rarely happens.

Just now, jRuutu said:

But they don´t have, you as a active player will be worth shit loads the closer you get to the 200 TPE, once you get over it and stay active, very few teams can just trade for you just like that, certainly expecting to get fair trade like good active player for good active player rarely happens.

It's not worth it to stick around like that when you have 3 seasons of less than 20 points. That shit gets boring and makes you want to leave altogether.

Also I agree with @hedgehog337 on the lessening welfare part too.

3 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Could also look into the career length if teams will be dropped?

SHL just takes more time due to longer seasons, you can build a star player by doing the PT´s, (150 -200 words once per week and other smaller PT´s, predictions etc)

If you have 3 lines of active players, basically that is the way it goes, better players play more, but if you got 400 TPE inactive vs a 200 TPE active, GMs will hopefully put more focus on the 200 TPE active and maybe even play him/her on the 2nd line

No, but kinda interesting how welfare is seen as one of the biggest things that keeps VHL together, but at the same time the league also makes sure those same people get whatever they want on the sim as well,  end of the world if welfare user has to play 2nd or 3rd line. No, we need to have them on the 1st or 2nd line for sure.  Do PT´s =Big minutes, Welfare player = Big minutes. What is the point in doing PT´s? You play better in the sim? Yea, we saw how that went this year for example.

Except most outside of Krigars/thrower are all heavy active updaters. Lol Me Jones and Keller are all closing in or past 400 TPE as young players with our careers ahead of them, potential stars in the making. Locke had a bout of inactivity, Cornerstone and Fuji are hard working updaters etc.