Oslo Storm Press Conference

04/16/2023

1. Oslo is off to a rough start so far what’s been our biggest shortcoming this far ?

2. After the first couple games who has been the biggest surprise for you to see out on the ice ( maybe someone you’ve played with before. , or someone you haven’t until now )?

3. What’s it gonna take to turn it around ?

4. @JB123 recently named our leadership group this year , what do you think of the choices for captain and assistant captains ?

5. Oslo recently retired 2 numbers at the home opener this year they were Quinn Clark’s and Brodie Landry lll , what can you say about the contributions of these 2 stellar d men ?

6. Who’s the early favourite this season the the VHL in your opinion ?

1. Oslo is off to a rough start so far what’s been our biggest shortcoming this far ?

I’d have to say its Rip Wheeler and his excessive alcohol intake.  He’s just not taking the game serious enough.

2. After the first couple games who has been the biggest surprise for you to see out on the ice ( maybe someone you’ve played with before. , or someone you haven’t until now )?

Once again, I’d say Rip Wheeler.  He’s definitely sucking up to GM @JB123 to get the playing time.  More than he deserves.

Patience.  JB is one of the best GM’s and will get this team to the top.

4. @JB123 recently named our leadership group this year , what do you think of the choices for captain and assistant captains ?

Its a team decision and they obviously earned their roles.

5. Oslo recently retired 2 numbers at the home opener this year they were Quinn Clark’s and Brodie Landry lll , what can you say about the contributions of these 2 stellar d men ?

They are legends.  

That’s easy.  HC Davos.  By the way, thanks for letting me jump into this press conference and pick up my 2 tpe!!  Go Oslo!!

1 hour ago, Thunder said:

I’d have to say its Rip Wheeler and his excessive alcohol intake.  He’s just not taking the game serious enough.

Once again, I’d say Rip Wheeler.  He’s definitely sucking up to GM @JB123 to get the playing time.  More than he deserves.

Patience.  JB is one of the best GM’s and will get this team to the top.

4. @JB123 recently named our leadership group this year , what do you think of the choices for captain and assistant captains ?

Its a team decision and they obviously earned their roles.

They are legends.  

That’s easy.  HC Davos.  By the way, thanks for letting me jump into this press conference and pick up my 2 tpe!!  Go Oslo!!

Anytime @Thunder 🤙🤙

On 4/9/2023 at 3:38 PM, KRZY said:

04/16/2023

4. @JB123 recently named our leadership group this year , what do you think of the choices for captain and assistant captains ?

1. I think just overall scoring, we have a lot of games where we only score 1 or 2, that's gotta change.

2. It's been fun seeing my old Lynx teammates throughout the league!

3. Just gotta build some chemistry on offense. Once we get that I think this team will be a much bigger threat.

4. Well I was honestly very surprised to be named captain, but I really like the assistants and I think we are getting along great so far in the room.

5. Well I haven't done much watching of the VHLE, but just seeing what I have and going around Oslo, it's clear these defensemen made a big impact on the community, and they brought so many to this fairly new market.

6. I think Prague is a scary team, and probably the biggest threat. They've got games in hand on every team in front of them and are still almost at the top.

week ending 04/23/2023

1. Oslo is playing .500 hockey struggling to establish consistency, how do we correct that ?

2. What’s been one area of strength so far this season ?

3. What’s been one struggle spot this season 

4. we have a scoring by committee approach so far this season . How do you think this approach has impacted our season ?

5. Who do you got winning the Stanley cup this year ?

6. Who wins the Calder for rookie of the year in the NHL ?

3 hours ago, KRZY said:

week ending 04/23/2023

1. Oslo is playing .500 hockey struggling to establish consistency, how do we correct that ?

4. we have a scoring by committee approach so far this season . How do you think this approach has impacted our season ?

1) I think just trying to find the right line combos…also, players continuing to add TPE regularly should help things start to turn around. 
2) we’ve had a few really solid offensive games…and we’ve been in almost every game…

3) Scoring seems to be one of the biggest issues. 
4) scoring goals consistently has been an issue…so maybe it’s had a bit of a negative impact?

5) Kraken Hockey Babyyyyy! 
6) Matty Beniers 

On 4/16/2023 at 11:06 AM, KRZY said:

week ending 04/23/2023

1. I'd have to agree with ScottyP and say updating and playing around with different lines and TPE updates. I myself was a bit behind in TPE updates a week ago due to a busy schedule but am back on track this week. Hoping my small contributions of tpe for my player can help on the ice. 

2. Our offensive game has been good but the last couple of games we've been getting better with our D.

3. I think our Defense but the last couple of games our Defense seemed to step up. As well as getting some scoring in but again the last couple of games seemed to turn around for us.

4. Things the last couple of games seem to be turning around so it might be working for us now. 

5. Hoping the Oilers will grab the cup this year. 

6. Gonna have to go with the census of Matty Beniers!

On 4/16/2023 at 2:06 PM, KRZY said:

week ending 04/23/2023

1. Just gotta get the lines flowing, get some consistent wins, maybe go on a little streak and get some confidence back.

2. Scoring all around the lineup, we've got fantastic depth and almost the entire team is contributing.

3. Even though we have good depth scoring, we've had a lot of games that we lose because we just can't score. 

4. I think it's been good to have contributions all over the lineup, however it would be nice to have someone emerge as a superstar. We kind of look like the Seattle Kraken in the NHL. We have 9 players with 16+ points, the next best teams have 7. What we don't have that those teams do are players that are really taking off and leading in scoring.

5. I can't say anything because I am the biggest jinx in the world and don't want to ruin it for my team.

6. Matty Beniers easy, it's his trophy to lose.

Week ending 04/30/2023

1. Oslo is slowly gaining ground in the standings , 8 points out of first place , how can we break through and take over ?

2. Our offence is on a role lately ranked second in the VHLE with 102 goals for , or defence is not trending quite in the same direction whats the biggest key to change that ?

3. Greg Mckeggegger and Keno Akara @TheNeonShaman and @Keno have formed a nice little duo lately forming nice chemistry together, how do they compliment eachother so good ?

4. @JB123 is looking for a New Jersey template this coming season what’s your ideal design ?

5. It’s very close in the VHLE this season it really could be anyones year , what do you think ?

6. who do you think is drafting Connor Bedard 1st overall ?

22 hours ago, KRZY said:

Week ending 04/30/2023

1. Oslo is slowly gaining ground in the standings , 8 points out of first place , how can we break through and take over ?

2. Our offence is on a role lately ranked second in the VHLE with 102 goals for , or defence is not trending quite in the same direction whats the biggest key to change that ?

3. Greg Mckeggegger and Keno Akara @TheNeonShaman and @Keno have formed a nice little duo lately forming nice chemistry together, how do they compliment eachother so good ?

4. @JB123 is looking for a New Jersey template this coming season what’s your ideal design ?

5. It’s very close in the VHLE this season it really could be anyones year , what do you think ?

1. Honestly we just gotta keep playing like we have. The start of the season is the reason we aren't higher, if we just keep rolling then we should be able to catch up.

2. It's all about balance. At the start of the year we weren't scoring a ton but we weren't letting in a lot of goals. Now it's the opposite. Just gotta find the inbetween.

3. As part of the duo I just have to say lots of practice, we've had some great extra practices and hang out outside of the rink. Both of us have also improved a lot skill wise, and growing together is just helping us to click on the scoresheet.

4. Maybe something with storm clouds or lightning bolts. Something that will represent the Storm more than just a head.

5. I think it's Geneva's season to lose. They've got a solid team. Rome's also got potential.

6. If he fell to the Blue Jackets that would be wild. I feel like the Ducks are going to get the first overall pick though, they've got the best odds.

On 4/23/2023 at 1:16 PM, KRZY said:

Week ending 04/30/2023

1) Just keeping our heads down and working hard…keeping strong together 2-0 sims!

2) I’ll be adding more TPE to defensive attributes.
3) they’ve just clicked, love that their individual success is having such a positive impact for the club! 
4) I’d love a Viking theme of some

sort!

5) I think we’ve got a legitimate chance to make a run! 
6) Probably the Ducks. 

Oslo press conference 

week ending 05/07/2023

1. Trade deadline has come and gone what do you think our new additions can bring to the table ?

2. who’s the team to beat post Trade Deadline ?

3. Rip Wheeler was seen hosting a roping class with all proceeds going charity , did you attend this event ? If so how was it ? 

4. What’s the key to playoffs success ?

5.  @JB123 has to be knocking at the door for a VHL GM job ! Is he next in line ?

6 . with the first round of the playoffs almost over who do you got going all the way ?

2 hours ago, KRZY said:

Oslo press conference 

week ending 05/07/2023

1. Trade deadline has come and gone what do you think our new additions can bring to the table ?

3. Rip Wheeler was seen hosting a roping class with all proceeds going charity , did you attend this event ? If so how was it ? 

5.  @JB123 has to be knocking at the door for a VHL GM job ! Is he next in line ?

6 . with the first round of the playoffs almost over who do you got going all the way ?

1. I think they can bring a ton! The offense should be humming even more, and now with solidified goaltending we should be able to be an even bigger threat.

2. Us without a doubt!

3. I attended to watch and I would say it was pretty entertaining. I'd never really seen Wheels in his element like that and it just made certain things about his personality make a lot of sense.

4. Ah getting the puck in deep, get pucks on net. For real though I think smart play, hounding the puck and not giving the opponent space to play, and just staying consistent.

5. I think he definitely should be, he's such an organized manager who cares about every team he sits in the office of. That's a guy who deserves a big job.

6. Now that my soul has been crushed with the Bruins loss, I'm rooting for the winner of the Stars vs Kraken series. The only team in the east I feel okay rooting for is Jersey, so there's my picks.

On 4/30/2023 at 7:23 PM, KRZY said:

Oslo press conference 

week ending 05/07/2023

1) Definitely strong additions. We’ve been winning more often than not…the new formula is working!

2) Storm is brewing baby! Let’s gooo! 
3) Preciate everybody who came on out to the “rope show”…all money will definitely go to charity….of restocking our postgame fireball supply! 
4) Team defense and a hot goalie!

5) 100%, @JB123 has done a great job this year for the club. 
6) Seaaaaattlle Kraaaakkeeenn! 🦑🦑🦑

Oslo Press Conference 

Week ending 05/14/2023

1. Oslo has been steadily climbing the standings , how can we keep this momentum rolling ?

2. Where do we rank going into the playoffs playing aswell as we have as of late ?

3. we’re finally starting to see some nice weather in Oslo . How are you spending your days here ?

4. are you superstitious? If so in what ways ?

5. who’s the favourite going into the VHL playoffs ?

6. now that the draft lottery has come and gone what are your thoughts ?

1 hour ago, KRZY said:

Oslo Press Conference 

Week ending 05/14/2023

1. Oslo has been steadily climbing the standings , how can we keep this momentum rolling ?

2. Where do we rank going into the playoffs playing aswell as we have as of late ?

3. we’re finally starting to see some nice weather in Oslo . How are you spending your days here ?

1. Just keep playing our game, we found our stride and with our depth scoring we are doing great.

2. If we are seen as any less than a true contender I would be surprised.

3. Going out with some of the guys. During an off weekend a few of us went camping and that was a crazy time. 

4. Definitely, I've got a specific order I put on my equipment, a specific way I do everything on gamedays. Except meals. Those are my nemesis. 

5. I would say Prague, because stats wise they are the better team. However Seattle is right behind them in points, and has been perfectly in form with a 7 game win streak. I would call them the favorites.

6. I don't like Chicago. So I'm not too happy about it.

On 5/9/2023 at 12:10 PM, KRZY said:

Oslo Press Conference 

Week ending 05/14/2023

1) Keep working hard, grinding it out and good things will happen!

2) I think we should be a favorite for a deep run in the playoffs for sure!

3) Big “beers with the boys” guy, also loving  taking out the drop top Beamer (signing bonus purchase) out on the town!

4) nope. Just hard work and dedication. 
5) LA looks pretty tough…but, I’m pulling for Riga!!

6) Rigged! Hahaha…finally lose Pat Kane and Toews…then replace em with another generational talent?! Cmon man! 

Oslo Press Conference 

week ending 05/21/2023

1. Playoffs are her and we once match up with the express in a series .It wouldn’t be playoffs in the VHLE unless that was happening how do we capitalize and come out on top ?

2. What are the keys to success in the playoffs ?

3. What’s your pre game routine look like ?

4. How do you keep yourself occupied on road trips in the European league ? Whether it be plane train or bus? How do you spend you roadtrips ?

5. Bauer hockey has been contacted to potentially come on as one of Oslo’s core sponsors what do you think of this ?

6. What’s your favourite thing about Oslo ?

On 5/15/2023 at 8:06 AM, KRZY said:

Oslo Press Conference 

week ending 05/21/2023

1. Playoffs are her and we once match up with the express in a series .It wouldn’t be playoffs in the VHLE unless that was happening how do we capitalize and come out on top ?

2. What are the keys to success in the playoffs ?

3. What’s your pre game routine look like ?

4. How do you keep yourself occupied on road trips in the European league ? Whether it be plane train or bus? How do you spend you roadtrips ?

5. Bauer hockey has been contacted to potentially come on as one of Oslo’s core sponsors what do you think of this ?

6. What’s your favourite thing about Oslo ?

1. It's difficult to say, they're a team who's given us a lot of trouble this season. We gotta put that behind us now and just play like it's any other team. I'm excited to be a part of the rivalry though.

2. Strong mindset and don't get shaken by small things. Play the way that's worked to help us win all year.

3. Ugh this is a long one. I might have to explain it more in depth another time but mainly I eat, go to the rink, stretch, soccer with a few of the guys, put on my equipment, talk to every player in the team in a specific order, walk down the tunnel in a specific way, then in warmups I have a routine I do there too. As I've said before, I'm superstitious.

4. I can't sleep on planes or buses because my neck gets really bad cramps, so I'll watch TV or movies. Sometimes I'll go over game footage if I'm feeling productive or nervous about a game. When everyone's awake we'll hang out. Play music and compare tastes, sometimes we have chess or other games. Some of the team plays poker but I'm not really into that, mainly because I'm not very good.

5. That would be great! I love Bauer gear, so getting them as a sponsor could be awesome.

6. I love the city, but I think just the way the community really cares about the team and gets behind it is so incredible. You'd think it was major league by how much they support us.

Oslo Press Conference 

week ending 05/28/2023

1. we did it ! What was key to our success against Cologne this past round of the playoffs ?

2. Cologne was a tough matchup for us , what was the turning point ?

3. The finals against Rome is a S86 finals rematch how do we matchup with them ?

4. What’s brought us together as a team not just this year in the playoffs but the regular season as well.

5. Oslo has had lots of success in the regular season and playoffs in the past couple seasons what’s set them apart from other teams ?

6. what’s it gonna take to capture our third renaissance cup in the last four seasons ?

Sorry.  Crashing your PC cuz we don't post any more of them it seems.

1. You have some good earners and a smart GM. 

2.  Team defense looked like it carried you over a tough team.

3.  Very tough challenge.  Their offense in the playoffs is out of control.  Gonna be a good series.

4.  Good leadership and you kept Rip on the bench   LOL

5. Consitent leadership, good drafting, and good earners

6. Keep Rip on the bench.  LOL   

23 hours ago, KRZY said:

Oslo Press Conference 

week ending 05/28/2023

1. we did it ! What was key to our success against Cologne this past round of the playoffs ?

2. Cologne was a tough matchup for us , what was the turning point ?

3. The finals against Rome is a S86 finals rematch how do we matchup with them ?

4. What’s brought us together as a team not just this year in the playoffs but the regular season as well.

5. Oslo has had lots of success in the regular season and playoffs in the past couple seasons what’s set them apart from other teams ?

6. what’s it gonna take to capture our third renaissance cup in the last four seasons ?

1. We were persistent and we didn't give up. We got pucks in deep. Hockey cliches!

2. Game 6 was pivotal. The series was so tight and getting that momentum and leaving that game on a high, it just felt like we would get it done in game 7.

3. We match up well, I think we have more depth though, I think we'll just have to see how it goes.

4. There's a lot of hanging out around Oslo, I think struggling early on helped us to kinda look at the locker room and figure out what to fix. We did a lot of work early on finding our rhythm.

5. From what I've seen, really good drafting has been huge, I know a bunch of the players picked this year have had monster seasons. Great GMing too, the management and coaching has been key to this team's success. Making trades when needed or changing the lineup at the right times have helped to propel this team every season.

6. Playing like we've been playing. We were on a roll during the second half of the regular season, and we played great most of the first round. As long as we keep things going, the team can win any game.

Oslo Press Conference 

Week ending 06/04/2023

1. We won what set us apart from Rome in the Finals ?

2. Now that you’ve had a couple days to digest and enjoy the cup how does it feel to be a VHLE Champion?

3. how will you spend you day with the cup ?

4. How did you and your teammates celebrate the night we won the cup ?

5. What are your plans for this off season ?

6. What are you plans moving on to next season ?

1.  You guys had such a diverse offensive team, great d, and good goalie.

2. No clue!  I've never won a VHLE title

3. Sadly

4. I am sure Rip Wheeler spent it drinking white claws and mint julips

5. Get ready for next season by earning TPE

6.  Earn TPE and win a Cup