Funny story

Da Trifecta

So it all started after I decided to retire early yet again, (woo no surprise there). I got bored and decided I was going to take a break. Well that break was short lived because I was going to have this account banned and create a new one and live under an alias. I had talked it over with Will and he was just like "Why ban this account? Just never log back in." So I am like, "Alright, this should be rather easy." So I log out of my account and I enter the VHL as HilarityEnsues. Now I am expecting people to message me being a "new member" and all and to my surprise, no one messaged me. I thought the welcoming committee or whatever around here would have been on top of it, but it seems they have been pretty lackluster these days with their jobs. So I went about my way, wrote a media spot, etc. I linked my player and updated as usual. I made it all of less than two weeks before giving up. As you can see I retired the player Maddox Hopkins and have moved on. I am not sure how my career is going to pan out for Braylon James, but I am going to take it one week at a time. P.S. step up your game recruitment guys/welcoming committee on that front.

3 minutes ago, Da Trifecta said:

So it all started after I decided to retire early yet again, (woo no surprise there). I got bored and decided I was going to take a break. Well that break was short lived because I was going to have this account banned and create a new one and live under an alias. I had talked it over with Will and he was just like "Why ban this account? Just never log back in." So I am like, "Alright, this should be rather easy." So I log out of my account and I enter the VHL as HilarityEnsues. Now I am expecting people to message me being a "new member" and all and to my surprise, no one messaged me. I thought the welcoming committee or whatever around here would have been on top of it, but it seems they have been pretty lackluster these days with their jobs. So I went about my way, wrote a media spot, etc. I linked my player and updated as usual. I made it all of less than two weeks before giving up. As you can see I retired the player Maddox Hopkins and have moved on. I am not sure how my career is going to pan out for Braylon James, but I am going to take it one week at a time. P.S. step up your game recruitment guys/welcoming committee on that front.

If you didn’t notice we had close to 50 new members join some are going to fall through the cracks.

15 hours ago, Da Trifecta said:

Now I am expecting people to message me being a "new member" and all and to my surprise, no one messaged me. I thought the welcoming committee or whatever around here would have been on top of it, but it seems they have been pretty lackluster these days with their jobs

Did you not get the automated PM from Beketov?

It's not the same as a member actually reaching out to you, but it should outline things for new members the minute they sign up on the forum. I've never actually seen the PM, but would assume it's got key members (like the recruitment team) linked so new members can message them if they have any issues?

Edit: On the note of the intro PM, does it include the bonus for hitting 100 TPE? @Beketov

Edited by Quik

• Commissioner
12 minutes ago, Quik said:

Did you not get the automated PM from Beketov?

It's not the same as a member actually reaching out to you, but it should outline things for new members the minute they sign up on the forum. I've never actually seen the PM, but would assume it's got key members (like the recruitment team) linked so new members can message them if they have any issues?

Edit: On the note of the intro PM, does it include the bonus for hitting 100 TPE? @Beketov

He definitely got it, all new members do. I should know, my poor inbox is full of the messages.

As for it's content, I don't believe it lists recruitment team guys or the first gen bonus specifically. I know we didn't want to make it have too much overwhelming explanations immediately. I think @Tagger is planning some updates for it though.

2 minutes ago, Beketov said:

He definitely got it, all new members do. I should know, my poor inbox is full of the messages.

As for it's content, I don't believe it lists recruitment team guys or the first gen bonus specifically. I know we didn't want to make it have too much overwhelming explanations immediately. I think @Tagger is planning some updates for it though.

Fair enough, I do think the recruitment team should be first point of contact for all new members, since retention is also a part of their job and they do get paid a healthy sum for it. And I don't know if the first gen bonus is really visible (has it been included anywhere other than @Kendrick's announcement?), so should probably be included as a first milestone for members to see when they join.

@Quik Like @Beketov says, it's definitely something that I will be looking at addressing in the coming days. Not sure if you're permissions allow you to see into the Recruitment Crew area, but we actually just last night launched a VHLM Newsletter (Not in response to this article, it was planned beforehand) which let's players know what's going on in the league right now, what point tasks are available (linked to your banner PT!) and some tips into stuff they may not have come across yet in their career, so I think that will be a good place to include stuff about the First-Gen bonus as well. We have been doing a good job on the discord though of letting guys who'd crossed that mark who weren't already aware of it that they could claim that bonus. 

Edited by Tagger

@Tagger, I don't have access, but that's cool the hear! I wasn't taking a shot at you guys, btw, just noting that new members should be approaching you (or anyone with a member title, really) if there's any questions, rather than you guys approaching them with a welcome wagon.

1 minute ago, Quik said:

@Tagger, I don't have access, but that's cool the hear! I wasn't taking a shot at you guys, btw, just noting that new members should be approaching you (or anyone with a member title, really) if there's any questions, rather than you guys approaching them with a welcome wagon.

Oh yeah, definitely didn't come off as you taking a shot, just figured that since it wasn't made public knowledge I'd let you know what was going on behind the scenes!