Halifax 21st Press Conference

ShawnGlade

🚢Weekly Press Conference - Halifax 21st - Week Ending June 20th, 2021🚢

1: In three words, describe Halifax's current regular season.

2: With 55+ games done and only a few more until the end of the season, what regular season accolades have you accomplished this season? Any goals you focused on beating this season or next?

3: Halifax has clinched their spot into the Founder's Cup playoffs! However, the lead for 1st place in the VHLM League still remains close. How do you push yourself to win for the end of the season and keep the first place position in our grasp?

4: What kind of hockey games do you genuinely prefer to play, day or night?

5:  If the VHL was going to release an annual hockey game with VHLM and VHLE, who on the Halifax roster deserves to be on the cover?

6:  What in game adjustments do you think would help the game of hockey? Larger goal posts, lighter sticks, larger pucks? Or do you believe the game is perfect the way it is without adjustments.

1: In three words, describe Halifax's current regular season.

Fear Yukon Rush

2: With 55+ games done and only a few more until the end of the season, what regular season accolades have you accomplished this season? Any goals you focused on beating this season or next?

I have done nothing of note. You, every stat category in the show hopefully.

3: Halifax has clinched their spot into the Founder's Cup playoffs! However, the lead for 1st place in the VHLM League still remains close. How do you push yourself to win for the end of the season and keep the first place position in our grasp?

Margarita machine in the locker room.

4: What kind of hockey games do you genuinely prefer to play, day or night?

Night. I like to nap during he day.

5: If the VHL was going to release an annual hockey game with VHLM and VHLE, who on the Halifax roster deserves to be on the cover?

Put my face on it if you want to sell copies.

6: What in game adjustments do you think would help the game of hockey? Larger goal posts, lighter sticks, larger pucks? Or do you believe the game is perfect the way it is without adjustments.

Removal of the instigator.

• 2 weeks later...

🚢Weekly Press Conference - Halifax 21st - Week Ending June 27th, 2021🚢

Summer and Playoffs edition!

1: Halifax clinched the playoffs in second place with us facing off against Houston in the first round. What is your mindset when it comes into facing off against the Bulls? How confident are you in this playoff series? 

2: What is your players plans this offseason for the summer?

3: What is your favorite drink and food on a hot summer day?

4: Halifax is famous for it's seafood, do you have a favorite kind? If so, what is it? 

5: Do you enjoy the hot summer weather or prefer the cold winter weather with the hockey season?

6: Overall, how do you think this season went? Are you happy with your performance? Are you happy with the teams performance?

1: Halifax clinched the playoffs in second place with us facing off against Houston in the first round. What is your mindset when it comes into facing off against the Bulls? How confident are you in this playoff series? 

I think we have the first series in 4 or 5.

Check out my hopeful new vhl team after the draft.

some nice hoppy cider

4: Halifax is famous for it's seafood, do you have a favorite kind? If so, what is it? 

Not a huge fan of shellfish, but nice fish is good any day.

5: Do you enjoy the hot summer weather or prefer the cold winter weather with the hockey season?

Summer, it's the offseason and a nice change of pace.

6: Overall, how do you think this season went? Are you happy with your performance? Are you happy with the teams performance?

I'm happy, points wise was pretty good, but definitely hoping the team clinched top spot.

On 6/24/2021 at 5:10 PM, TMGSosa said:

1. I am in confident in the team, 2-2 series right now but I believe we will pull through.

2. To grow more, my player needs to get better.

3. A Molson and wings.

4. Not super into seafood but I always love fish and chips.

5. The winters are nice, love wearing a hoodie and joggers everyday.

6. I joined after the regular season but I'd say my teammates did a great job.

On 6/24/2021 at 10:10 PM, TMGSosa said:

1. It's always a nerve wracking feeling but we try our best.
2. I'm going home to visit Ashton, It's a shame he didn't make it into the VHLM too, we had so much fun playing together on our school's hockey team.
3. I like to drink ultra fiesta.
4. I'm happy with any standard fish meal, shellfish get a little on the weird side for me.
5. I prefer the winter, I like that it gets dark earlier too. I tend to wear all black, and it holds in the heat in summer, which is uncomfortable.
6. I wish I had put in a little more time into my training but it couldn't be helped.

🚢Weekly Press Conference - Halifax 21st - Week Ending July 4th, 2021🚢

1. Halifax is officially out of the playoffs. How do you feel about the teams performance?

2. What do you feel needs to happen for Halifax to be more successful next season?

3. What skill do you want to focus on the most this off-season? Why?

4. What makes a good locker room guy?

5.  Rate your players performance 1-10 in these categories this past season:

Scoring, pim, defense, overall

6. Where do you plan to train this off-season? With who?

1. Halifax is officially out of the playoffs. How do you feel about the teams performance? Poorly? Should have been a contender

2. What do you feel needs to happen for Halifax to be more successful next season?

im not sure, is it rebuild time?

Offense. Need to pump up my numbers

someone who is charismatic, smart, and gorgeous 

2-2-2-3

back to the Ukraine for me

49 minutes ago, Brewins15 said:

1. Halifax is officially out of the playoffs. How do you feel about the teams performance?

1. I don't think we deserved that first round exit, this team should have passed the first round.

2. Our top players are probably leaving the team next season so I think we need a good draft to rebuild.

3. My scoring and defence.

4. Someone who is nice and open with everyone.

5. I joined the team after the regular season but my playoffs I'd give my player a 5/10.

6. In my home gym by myself.

On 6/30/2021 at 7:37 PM, Brewins15 said:

We tried our best and that's all that matters.

We need to make sure that we stay well balanced.

I'm planning to practice a little more of my puck handling and passing.

A girl.

scoring 0

pim 3

defense 6

overall 4

With my team mates, on the Halifax ocean that was frozen over by the goddess shiva.

BOAT GANG BOAT GANG PRESSER TIMEEEEE

Quote Boat GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

1. Offseason Day 0 is upon us, what do you think our new management should look to do this offseason to put us in a good spot to compete?

2. We obviously had a rough end to last year’s playoff run, what do you think our team needs to avoid this fate?

3. Offseason brings training, but also vacation. Where are you planning to spend this offseason?

4. Rest vs. Training is a big point of every offseason as noted in Question 3, do you focus more on developing new skills or recovering for next season’s grind?

5. [IRL/Silly] are you more of a beach person or a lake person or a pool person? Especially with this North American summer, we all need a nice way to cool off!

6. [Silly] If all of the VHL mascots (minors not included) got into a battle to the death, who would emerge victorious? My money is on that Helsinki Titan, though a DC Dragon might be tough to slay too. 

1. Offseason Day 0 is upon us, what do you think our new management should look to do this offseason to put us in a good spot to compete?

Is it? Interesting. I think we should bolster up the d!

2. We obviously had a rough end to last year’s playoff run, what do you think our team needs to avoid this fate?

confidence 

3. Offseason brings training, but also vacation. Where are you planning to spend this offseason?

Bahamas on the beach

4. Rest vs. Training is a big point of every offseason as noted in Question 3, do you focus more on developing new skills or recovering for next season’s grind?

At 48 you take all the recovery you can get

5. [IRL/Silly] are you more of a beach person or a lake person or a pool person? Especially with this North American summer, we all need a nice way to cool off!

yes. 

6. [Silly] If all of the VHL mascots (minors not included) got into a battle to the death, who would emerge victorious? My money is on that Helsinki Titan, though a DC Dragon might be tough to slaytoo. 

NYA, assuming he’s like captain America. Could probably take down a Titan 

21 hours ago, BarzalGoat said:

BOAT GANG BOAT GANG PRESSER TIMEEEEE

Quote Boat GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

1. Offseason Day 0 is upon us, what do you think our new management should look to do this offseason to put us in a good spot to compete?

4. Rest vs. Training is a big point of every offseason as noted in Question 3, do you focus more on developing new skills or recovering for next season’s grind?

6. [Silly] If all of the VHL mascots (minors not included) got into a battle to the death, who would emerge victorious? My money is on that Helsinki Titan, though a DC Dragon might be tough to slay too. 

1. I think the new management we have is great, and to get some good picks in the draft will help us.

2. Stop being leafs fans if we have any.

3. Training, my player is not good compared to the rest of the league.

4. Recovering is more important for the body than training everyday.

5. Lake person, love the cottage life.

6. The reapers mascot could easily KO any of the other VHLM mascots.

Hey there Boaters! Offseason Presser #2 coming in HOT, a little bit of fun in here :) 

rocket power nicksplat GIF

1. We saw some good discord chat about the Euro Cup finals, so what's your favorite non-Hockey Sport?

2. In the VHL, are you going to be more excited to compete in the World Cup style tournaments to represent your country, or your respective VHL team?

3. How important is it to you to make the world cup for your country/region in your career?

4. So the Lightning beat the Habs, are you happy? upset? surprised? how do you feel?

5. Who is the best professional athlete you've ever seen live in person? Mine is probably A-Rod, but I'm sure that you might have a better one. 

6. The Boat Gang is going to be picking near the end of the first round this year, lots of good prospects (including Sven Eightnine!). Who would you like to see us welcome aboard?

Last week's presser was unattended and as such all players per diem for away games has been reduced from "Chili's or Outback equivalent" to "Arby's, McDonald's or Gas Station", so heads up, don't do it again !

Welcome to our new players ! (your per diem was not impacted)

1. We were able to acquire a new franchise goalie in the first round, David Davis! Have you had a chance to meet Josh yet?

2. Not to mention our new LW recreate Kisslinger II, in my opinion the steal of the draft in round 2! How do you think our forwards compare to last year right now ?

3. What goals are you going to set for your player as we gear up and get ready for this season?

4. Have you ever played in the VHFL before? It's an exciting way for you to get free TPE by playing "Fantasy" VHL, and a great way to learn about active players !

5. What's your next attribute to improve on currently to make yourself a better build? For my player right now, it's puck handling.

6. If you were stranded on a desert island and could only bring 1 type of sandwich, which would you bring? Mine's probably an Italian hero :)

1 hour ago, BarzalGoat said:

Last week's presser was unattended and as such all players per diem for away games has been reduced from "Chili's or Outback equivalent" to "Arby's, McDonald's or Gas Station", so heads up, don't do it again !

Welcome to our new players ! (your per diem was not impacted)

1. We were able to acquire a new franchise goalie in the first round, David Davis! Have you had a chance to meet Josh yet?

2. Not to mention our new LW recreate Kisslinger II, in my opinion the steal of the draft in round 2! How do you think our forwards compare to last year right now ?

3. What goals are you going to set for your player as we gear up and get ready for this season?

4. Have you ever played in the VHFL before? It's an exciting way for you to get free TPE by playing "Fantasy" VHL, and a great way to learn about active players !

5. What's your next attribute to improve on currently to make yourself a better build? For my player right now, it's puck handling.

6. If you were stranded on a desert island and could only bring 1 type of sandwich, which would you bring? Mine's probably an Italian hero :)

1. No i have not had the chance to meet josh yet, but an amazing goalie is a great step towards a championship!

2. I think last season the 21st had a really good team and i still think we are that team. I feel like i can add some firepower and make the team that much better!

3. I would love 25 goals this season. Would love to have a couple gwg aswell! 

4. yes sir! I think the vhfl is such a easy to gain extra tpe and it helps you meet people from across the league! 

5. currently, i am looking to upgrade my puck handling and skating.

6. i think i would go with a classic bologna sandwich! 

Opening Week Pressers!

1. What is your top goal for this season?

2. What do you think of your line this year, any chemistry forming?

3. Have you been following the VHLE? Any teams you're excited for in particular?

4. After a hot start 4-0 we dropped 2 in a row, how has the team's performance been to your standards so far?

5. What do you think we as #management can do to make the locker room better?

6. What's your one BOLD prediction for this VHLM season?

1 hour ago, BarzalGoat said:

Opening Week Pressers!

1. What is your top goal for this season?

2. What do you think of your line this year, any chemistry forming?

3. Have you been following the VHLE? Any teams you're excited for in particular?

4. After a hot start 4-0 we dropped 2 in a row, how has the team's performance been to your standards so far?

5. What do you think we as #management can do to make the locker room better?

6. What's your one BOLD prediction for this VHLM season?

1. I wanna put up 100+ points! 
2. i feel like me and my line mates have been on fire and chemistry is definitely forming!

3. No i have not, but i am excited for the league!

4. We are still playing at a high pace and we have been scoring, just a couple rough games we will be better! 

5. I feel like this locker room is very active and super super friendly! No complaints or recommendations from me.

6. We have 3 of our skaters finish top 10 in points. 

WeEeEeEeEkly Pressers!

1. How do you feel the team has been performing lately? 4th place in the standings!

2. Have you been keeping up with your individual stats, how do they compare to your expectations?

3. What is the next aspect of your build that you plan on focusing to upgrade?

4. Are you excited about the VHLE? Do you think you'll take the jump next year?

5. There's a league-wide defense shortage, how have you been exploiting this if at all? 

6. Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall, which season do you like the most?

1. I think we are doing decent, we can definitely do better though and we will!

2. Yes i have, and i feel like I’m doing great!

3. Defence and penalty shot I think!

4. Yes i am super excited and yes i think I’ll make the jump up!

5. Yeah it makes it easier to get points 😝

6. summer, i love it!

On 8/2/2021 at 9:21 AM, BarzalGoat said:

WeEeEeEeEkly Pressers!

1. How do you feel the team has been performing lately? 4th place in the standings!

2. Have you been keeping up with your individual stats, how do they compare to your expectations?

3. What is the next aspect of your build that you plan on focusing to upgrade?

4. Are you excited about the VHLE? Do you think you'll take the jump next year?

5. There's a league-wide defense shortage, how have you been exploiting this if at all? 

6. Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall, which season do you like the most?

1 good but we are on a losing streak

2 i feel like i could be doing better, i just started but i feel like i should be getting more points

3 Definitely my defense attribute

4No i just joined the league

5 no im a forward

6 I definitely like winter the best because its odr season 

Pop Punk Theme Week

<To the tune of American Hi-Fi's Flavor of the Week>

The Players,
We don't know
Enough about them,
They're too cool,
For Questions
I wish that I could make Them see
This is the presser of the weak
Yeah!

Rock Guitar GIF by Joe Bonamassa

1.  Punk is about rebelling on the norm! How do you make your player stand out? 

2. What's your favorite pump up tunes to listen to at the rink?

3. Do you have any musical skills? If not, what instrument do you wish you could play?

4. What's your opinion on goal celly's? Is showing off bad or well deserved?

5. Have you seen any bands live in concert, if so which was your favorite? If not, who do you want to see?

6. Have you ever used a hockey stick as an air guitar? What would be one song you'd love to play on air-guitar and why?

Edited by BarzalGoat

On 8/10/2021 at 11:21 AM, BarzalGoat said:

Pop Punk Theme Week

<To the tune of American Hi-Fi's Flavor of the Week>

The Players,
We don't know
Enough about them,
They're too cool,
For Questions
I wish that I could make Them see
This is the presser of the weak
Yeah!

Rock Guitar GIF by Joe Bonamassa

1.  Punk is about rebelling on the norm! How do you make your player stand out? 

2. What's your favorite pump up tunes to listen to at the rink?

3. Do you have any musical skills? If not, what instrument do you wish you could play?

4. What's your opinion on goal celly's? Is showing off bad or well deserved?

5. Have you seen any bands live in concert, if so which was your favorite? If not, who do you want to see?

6. Have you ever used a hockey stick as an air guitar? What would be one song you'd love to play on air-guitar and why?

1. I make my player stand out with my height and my loud voice lol

2. I really like rap music, so you will catch me listening to lil baby or lil durk

3. I wish i could do the drums, i was never blessed with the ability to play an instrument

4. Love em, i feel like they can make the game way more exciting. 

5. I have never seen anyone in concert and tbh I like music but concerts are just not for me.

6. Yes i have lol. I always play beelzeboss by tenacious d!

*Fixes Microphone* 
*Sets backdrop*

*Cracks Knuckles*

WELCOME To the weekly presser Boat Gang! THEEEEMEEEEEED 

roger federer laughing GIF by Australian Open

1. Who is your best bet to win the Mitch Higgins (VHLM MVP award)

2. Is there any VHLM award in particular you have your eyes on this season? (https://vhlportal.com/hof/awards/vhlm)

3. If this isn't your first player, have you ever won an award on a previous one? 

4. Do you think there's a balance of striving for personal achievement on a struggling team, and giving up minutes on a contender? 

5. Follow up to 4, which do you think Halifax is right now :)

6. What's the next skill stat you're planning on upgrading for your player? Skating/Defense is pretty lethal for those who need an under the radar option :)

1. Me of course ;) underrated and i def have a shot!

2. MVP award for sure 

3. no, i have never won an award!

4. I mean I think there can be a balance it’s just what you chose to do. 
5. i think we are fighting for a play off position, so we aren’t really struggling, but not doing as well as we can. 
6.skating is my next stat to upgrade