Halifax 21st Press Conference

ShawnGlade

1. Trade deadline has come and no trades have been made in Halifax. Do you think there were any missed opportunities? Any trades that should have been made? 
I think I have wondered into the wrong Presser... I believe Halifax is cool, trades, maybe for a certain Latvian player but is kinda done. 

2. Our GM has made a flurry of signings in the past week signing 8 players since October 10th. What do you think of these signings? Are you excited to see what these players can do for out team? 
Good to have few extra water boys am I right? But honestly, getting more talent on the team never hurts!

3. What do you think of the ice time you are getting? Too little? Just right? If it were to change how would that affect your player?

I am the best player in the league, I should play 60 minutes per game. Easy. Sirdsvaldis or bust as they say.

4. We currently sit 3rd in our conference and 6th overall. Do you see us making the playoffs? If not, how can we improve our chances?

If you don't make playoffs, Sirdsvaldis is coming in hot to slap every single one of you lads. There is no excuse, just go and win it!

5. We are 6-3 in our last 10 games, what has your player contributed the most to in your opinion?

Probably being an active opponent and kicking Halifax rear end! But overall, I think that there isn't really a player you can single out of the great squad built in Halifax.

6. Our powerplay currently sits at 26.29% (5th) and our penalty kill at 73.95% (5th). Is this good enough or should we try and improve on these numbers?

Just play better defensively. It isn't that hard, just get more bodies on the line, get more hits, be more aggressive, get into some fights, make sure your opponents fear you.

JhmlGX6.png

3 Questions Answered = 1 Capped TPE

6 Questions Answered = 2 Capped TPE

Please answer in full sentences

Week Ending October 31st

1. With only 5 games left in the season and playoffs closing in are you excited? What are you looking forward to the most?

2. We currently sit 5th overall, 2 points back of Houston and 3 points ahead of Philadelphia. Do you think we can pass Houston? Will Philly pass us? 

3.  How far do you think we will make it in the playoffs? What are your predictions?

4. Is there a specific attribute you are focusing on before the playoffs start, why or why not? How many points do you think you will get in the playoffs? 

5. How is our locker room? Is there anything you would like to see added or removed from it?

6. How am I doing as an AGM? Is there anything I could do better or something you would like to see me start doing?

7. If you could star in any movie, past, present, or future, which one would it be?

8. Chocolate or vanilla? Which is your favourite and what's your favourite chocolate or vanilla dessert?

Edited by SpicyGecko

On 10/24/2021 at 5:58 PM, FrostBeard said:

1. Trade deadline has come and no trades have been made in Halifax. Do you think there were any missed opportunities? Any trades that should have been made? 
I think I have wondered into the wrong Presser... I believe Halifax is cool, trades, maybe for a certain Latvian player but is kinda done. 

2. Our GM has made a flurry of signings in the past week signing 8 players since October 10th. What do you think of these signings? Are you excited to see what these players can do for out team? 
Good to have few extra water boys am I right? But honestly, getting more talent on the team never hurts!

3. What do you think of the ice time you are getting? Too little? Just right? If it were to change how would that affect your player?

I am the best player in the league, I should play 60 minutes per game. Easy. Sirdsvaldis or bust as they say.

4. We currently sit 3rd in our conference and 6th overall. Do you see us making the playoffs? If not, how can we improve our chances?

If you don't make playoffs, Sirdsvaldis is coming in hot to slap every single one of you lads. There is no excuse, just go and win it!

5. We are 6-3 in our last 10 games, what has your player contributed the most to in your opinion?

Probably being an active opponent and kicking Halifax rear end! But overall, I think that there isn't really a player you can single out of the great squad built in Halifax.

6. Our powerplay currently sits at 26.29% (5th) and our penalty kill at 73.95% (5th). Is this good enough or should we try and improve on these numbers?

Just play better defensively. It isn't that hard, just get more bodies on the line, get more hits, be more aggressive, get into some fights, make sure your opponents fear you.

19 minutes ago, SpicyGecko said:

JhmlGX6.png

Week Ending October 31st

1. With only 5 games left in the season and playoffs closing in are you excited? What are you looking forward to the most?

2. We currently sit 5th overall, 2 points back of Houston and 3 points ahead of Philadelphia. Do you think we can pass Houston? Will Philly pass us? 

3.  How far do you think we will make it in the playoffs? What are your predictions?

4. Is there a specific attribute you are focusing on before the playoffs start, why or why not? How many points do you think you will get in the playoffs? 

5. How is our locker room? Is there anything you would like to see added or removed from it?

6. How am I doing as an AGM? Is there anything I could do better or something you would like to see me start doing?

7. If you could star in any movie, past, present, or future, which one would it be?

8. Chocolate or vanilla? Which is your favourite and what's your favourite chocolate or vanilla dessert?

1. Im obviously excited for the playoffs and the games against yukon.

2. I dont think we'll pass Houston but we will probably stay in front of philly.

3. I think we win the first round then make an dramatic game 7 upset and lose in the finals.

4. I'll focus on passing and especially defense until playoff start and I think I get 6 Points in the playoffs.

5. Our locker room is great. very rare someone is rude or mean to others. I would like to see special teams shown if it's possible.

6. Your a great agm, but i would really like you doing the short analysis again.

36 minutes ago, SpicyGecko said:

JhmlGX6.png

Week Ending October 31st

1. Im obviously excited for the playoffs and the games against yukon.

2. I dont think we'll pass Houston but we will probably stay in front of philly.

3. I think we win the first round then make an dramatic game 7 upset and lose in the finals.

4. I'll focus on passing and especially defense until playoff start and I think I get 6 Points in the playoffs.

5. Our locker room is great. very rare someone is rude or mean to others. I would like to see special teams shown if it's possible.

6. Your a great agm, but i would really like you doing the short analysis again.

22 minutes ago, SpicyGecko said:

JhmlGX6.png

Week Ending October 31st

1. i am very excited because i am new in the team and i am looking forward to see how the other teams will play.

4. i want to sklill checking because i think that will help me to be a better defense man and i dont think i can get a lot of points 1 or 2 will be optimistic.

5. to be honest i dont spend a lot of time in the locker room.

6. youre doing great i dont think you could do anything better.

7. i would be in a future movie because i really love science fiction.

8. i prefer vanilla and vanilla icecrea.

1 hour ago, SpicyGecko said:

JhmlGX6.png

Week Ending October 31st

1. I am very excited and I hope we can take spot 4 on the standings. I look forward to out playoff potential with such a developing squad.

2. I think it's possible we pass Houston, and I want us too. We won't be passed by Philly.

3. I think we have a real chance at beating Houston in the playoffs, however it will be a tough ride after that.

4. I am focusing on skating and passing before playoffs start, with my recent addition to the first line on defense I think passing will help the team more than scoring or many other attributes (defense is getting to expensive).

5. Our locker room is great, very inclusive and effective, I still do believe there are some players on the team that aren't effectively progressing, could be for many reasons.

6. I love what you have done so far as a assistant gm, couldn't ask for much more.

7. I would love to star in the entire James Bond franchise, because I would be financially set for years, guaranteed movies and such.

8. I prefer vanilla if you're referring to shakes, frozen drinks, stuff like that. I do prefer chocolate for things like cookies, brownies, NOT cakes, and definitely candy.

3 hours ago, SpicyGecko said:

JhmlGX6.png

Week Ending October 31st

1. of course im excited! this team has gotten really far so i think we can go to the playoffs!
2.we can beat houston but i know that philly wont beat us all the players we got we are solid
3. hmm not far but somewhere in the middle
4.im the goalie soo i cant really get points soo this is just for the tpe
5.nope everying in my opinion is perfect
6.you're doing amazing hell the best agm ever tbh
7. i dont really want to be a star in a movie soo tpe again!
8.neither i dont like chocolate and i hate vanilla soo yea

On 10/25/2021 at 5:41 PM, SpicyGecko said:

JhmlGX6.png

Week Ending October 31st

Since this will be the first conclusion of a season since I came around to the community I'm honestly just excited to watch it play out or unfold. Excited to see the seasonal transition I suppose.

I think we'll end up sitting where we are, with Houston above and Philly below us.

I'm really not one of the chatty ones, but I do really love it in the locker room. Chill place and always a fun chat with people on the rare occasions I pop in, mostly I lurk and read a bit here and there tbh.

I think you've been doing a good job, especially with these press conferences I think. I'd definitely welcome more "favourite food"-questions and stuff like that though, simply because it's fun to see your teammates answers to serious topics, like which pizza topping is the best :)

Ooh, very tough one... Maybe The Matrix so I'd have been the modern day Keanu Reeves hahah

Old fashioned vanilla ice cream is the best!

On 10/25/2021 at 12:41 PM, SpicyGecko said:

JhmlGX6.png

Week Ending October 31st

1. I’m so excited for playoffs hoping the team can stay in the top 5!!

2. I think we can pass Houston but it’s hard to say what will happen between now and then! 

3. We’re going all the way baby!!!

4. I wanna get my skating, passing, and defence are the stats that I’m upgrading right now.

5. I love the locker room after a win or a loss always looking at the positive not the negative just say what we need to get better.

8. I’m more of a chocolate person can’t go wrong with a nice little chocolate sundae with some cherry’s and whipped cream!

On 10/25/2021 at 11:41 AM, SpicyGecko said:

JhmlGX6.png

Week Ending October 31st

1. Now that it is the playoffs, I have been insanely excited about the series. It has been a dream to be in the moment and be able to compete with and against the best.

3. I am not one to overestimate, but I believe that the team is good enough to reach the finals. I don't think that is the most likely outcome, but with a good streak and some big hits, we could definitely be on the biggest stage in the VHLM.

4. I have been focused on hitting opposing players, as I always am, but I have also focused on getting the puck to my teammates. I know that if I can get it to them they can score while I am roughing up opposing players.

5. I have been very happy with our locker room. I am usually focused on improving my game and hitting opposing players and the team has done their best to support me and allow me to be in the role I want to be.

6. You have been doing very well as an AGM. I have noticed how hard you have been working and while I don't know much about being an AGM, from my perspective you have done a great job!

8. Definitely vanilla. You can't argue with the classic vanilla ice cream with hot fudge and heath, that's the best of both worlds and is nothing less than a perfect combination.

JhmlGX6.png

6 Questions Answered = 2 Capped TPE

Week Ending November 7th

1. With round 1 of the playoffs over were you surprised by the result? Did you think we would lose, or win in fewer games?

2. By the end of this week our series against Yukon will be over, what results are you expecting or hope for?

3. Are you excited for the offseason and what it will bring (World Juniors, World Cup, Training Camp, Draft)?

4. What team logo is your favorite and why?

5. What type of player are you (playmaker, sniper, offensive defencemen) and what is you best rating?

6. Black Friday and Cyber Monday are coming up, do you have a go to store that you shop at for Black Friday? Do you have a specific item in mind that you are going to try and get?

7. Have you watched the newest James Bond movie? What is your favorite Bond movie of all time?

8. If you could pick any celebrity to hang out with for 24 hours who would it be and why? What would you do and where would you go?

8 hours ago, SpicyGecko said:

JhmlGX6.png

Week Ending November 7th

1. With round 1 of the playoffs over were you surprised by the result? Did you think we would lose, or win in fewer games?

2. By the end of this week our series against Yukon will be over, what results are you expecting or hope for?

3. Are you excited for the offseason and what it will bring (World Juniors, World Cup, Training Camp, Draft)?

5. What type of player are you (playmaker, sniper, offensive defencemen) and what is you best rating?

6. Black Friday and Cyber Monday are coming up, do you have a go to store that you shop at for Black Friday? Do you have a specific item in mind that you are going to try and get?

7. Have you watched the newest James Bond movie? What is your favorite Bond movie of all time?

8. If you could pick any celebrity to hang out with for 24 hours who would it be and why? What would you do and where would you go?

1. I KNEW we would win, came to no surprise as Houston is not as good a team as Halifax.

2. I hope we make it to the next round, but I know it will be tough because Yukon has already taken both of the first games.

3. I am very excited for the offseason, however I have no idea what any of those things are.

4. I really like Halifax because I am a very loyal player and my time spent here is cherished.

5. I'm an offensive defensemen, my best rating is defense at a 76, soon to be 80.

6. I'm always trying to get a new GPU but I know that won't work. There arn't any tech stores where I am anyways.

7. I have watched the newest James Bond movie and I really liked it, although I have no idea how "James Bond Will Be Back" works.
8. I definitely can't answer that question for legal reasons and personal pride, won't stoop that low.

JhmlGX6.png

Week Ending November 7th

1. I thought that we win but not that close with 5 OTs in 6 games.

2. I expect us to get absolutely crushed but hope for good games.

3. I am excited for the offseason because it will bring the draft and maybe World Juniors.

4. The Mexico City one, because I like the shape and colours

5. Sniper (best ratings: Skating and defense)

7. No I didn't watch the new 007 Movie. My favourite one is Skyfall

JhmlGX6.png

Week Ending November 7th

3. yes i am really exited.

4. I like our logo because i really love the blue and white.

5. I think i am a defenseman and i have skilled defense and checking.

6. No i would'nd go shopping because i dont care about this stuff if i need something i will buy it online!

7. I haven't watched the new movie but i saw skyfall and it was great.

8. I would pick the Rock and go to the gym with him i think he could help me there a lot.

14 hours ago, SpicyGecko said:

JhmlGX6.png

Week Ending November 7th

1. I’m not surprised at all by the outcome I thought we were the better team going in and we came out on top!!

2. I’m hoping for Halifax to come out on top and going for the chip!

3. I’m getting drafted this off-season for sure and I’m super excited to see where I land!

4. I haven’t really looked at any other logos but Halifax’s to be honest but I really like ours it’s simple and I live really close to there!

5. I have my guy kinda balanced right now with scoring playmaking and defence.

8.  If I could hang out with any celebritie it would have to be John Tavares, he’s my favourite Nhl player and I would like to see the whole Scotia bank arena and maybe go to a expensive restaurant then end it off with me watching the leafs game with dubas!

20 hours ago, SpicyGecko said:

JhmlGX6.png

Week Ending November 7th

1. well we lost soo im just writing this for the tpe 
2. well god damn im kinda late to this so again we already lost so yea tpe 
3. im excited for the draft i cant wait to see who i get picked by
4. Halifax is my favorite team logo
5. im a goalie soo yea
6.hmm i would like to buy some games that should be on black friday
7. no i dont watch spy movies they are boring 
8. i would like to hang out with carey price so he could teach me for those 24 hours how to be a better goalie irl

On 11/2/2021 at 1:29 AM, SpicyGecko said:

JhmlGX6.png

Week Ending November 7th

1. As round 2 has now finished, I can say that I was both proud of the teams effort and met my goals in the playoffs. It is always good and fun to go all the way, but just being able to compete is all I can ask for.

2. I obviously was hoping for the win, but Yukon was the better team and we just couldn't pull off enough to beat them. Hopefully I can beat that great team next year, but this just wasn't the year.

3. I am very excited for the upcoming offseason, as it comes with the draft and all these cool new things to experience, but nothing can match up to the hockey season.

5. I am a hitter. I hit people, and I'll pass the puck after I hit people. That's my role on the team, and I will accept it and create opportunities for my team to win games.

6. I don't usually shop, because I hate spending money. If I do decide to spend money, it will probably be games on steam or something like that, but severe buyers remorse hampers that.

7. I have not seen the newest one, but I am a big fan of the Bond movies. Out of all of them I have seen, I'd have to say my favorite is definitely Goldeneye. You just can't beat the classics.

JhmlGX6.png

Week Ending November 14th

1. The VHLM Playoffs are finally over, Ottawa won the Founders Championship, what was the biggest surprise to you throughout the entire playoffs?

2. If you are eligible to be drafted, what VHLM, VHLE, and VHL teams do you want to be drafted to?

3. What are your plans for next season? Are you staying in the VHLM, moving up to the VHLE, retiring? 

4. Were you chosen for a WJC Roster? If so which one and are you excited?

5. What is your player's biggest weakness and biggest strength?

6. If you could choose a jersey number what number would it be and why?

7. Have you seen the new Dune movie yet? Did you watch the original one or read the books? 

8. If you could pick any clothing brand to sponsor your player which one would it be any why? Keep in mind you could only be seen wearing this clothing and would be in advertisements promoting the brand.

22 minutes ago, SpicyGecko said:

JhmlGX6.png

1. The VHLM Playoffs are finally over, Ottawa won the Founders Championship, what was the biggest surprise to you throughout the entire playoffs?

2. If you are eligible to be drafted, what VHLM, VHLE, and VHL teams do you want to be drafted to?

3. What are your plans for next season? Are you staying in the VHLM, moving up to the VHLE, retiring? 

7. Have you seen the new Dune movie yet? Did you watch the original one or read the books? 

8. If you could pick any clothing brand to sponsor your player which one would it be any why? Keep in mind you could only be seen wearing this clothing and would be in advertisements promoting the brand.

1. what surprised me is that halifax didnt get to the finales but im not salty yukon and ottawa did amazing so yea
2. hmm i actually dont know i like all the teams i got some favorites but anyone could draft me and i would be happy 
3. im probably staying in the VHLM for a while but retiring will probably never happen cause im enjoying the VHL forums at the moment|
4. im new so i have no actual clue is a WJC soo Tpe yey 
5. umm rebound control and biggest strength is hand speed
6. 54 since i was a kid playing nhl games and playing ball hockey i just liked having the number 54

1 hour ago, SpicyGecko said:

JhmlGX6.png

1. How well Halifax progressed towards the end of the season.

2. Any VHL team, any VHLE, and only good VHLM teams.

3. I am not retiring, and I will play for whatever league wants me.

4. I was! I was chosen for the United States roster and I am really excited for it.

5. My player's biggest weakness is his on ice discipline and strengths, he can get hit around a lot. His biggest strength is his offensive ability and his great defense.

6. 27, I have always liked the number, not sure why though.

7. No, No, and No, I also don't really plan on it, maybe though.

8. Puma, because I bet if they made skates they would be fast.

9 hours ago, SpicyGecko said:

JhmlGX6.png

3.I will stay in VHLM and i really want to get better at defense.

4.No i wasnt.

5.my biggest weakness is scoring and i am really good at checking.

6. I would take number 8 because its my lucky Number.

7.i havent seen the movie anf to be honest i dont read a lot.

8.I would take Nike because i really like the stile.

9 hours ago, SpicyGecko said:

JhmlGX6.png

1. The biggest surprise in my opinion was how close the Halifax-Houston and Ottawa-Yukon series were.

2. I want to be drafted by Halifax or Saskatoon in the VHLM. By cologne in the VHLE and for the VHL by an european team.

3. My plan is to play well and get into the VHLE for season 82.

5. My players biggest strength is the scoring and skating ability and the biggest weakness is the physical game.

6. It would be 7 because its my favourite number.

8. It would probably be Nike.

• 2 weeks later...

JhmlGX6.png

Week Ending November 28th, 2021

Thanks for the format, @SpicyGecko, I'll keep it. 😜 

1. S81 of the VHLM should begin on Wednesday! As a player, what are your goals for the upcoming season?

2. All told, we made SEVEN selections in the S81 Dispersal Draft on Saturday. What are your thoughts on acquisitions the team made? If you were one of the draftees, how did it feel to be drafted to Halifax?

3. Answering Press Conference questions is a form of training! What will you dedicate the points you earned from this task to?

4. Our team has had the privilege of attracting a solid amount of brand new members to the team. If you're a more veteran member, what's a piece of advice you can offer to your new teammates? If you're new to the league, what's something that could be done that might make your entry into the league a smoother or more enjoyable experience?

5. As a real person, what are some of your favourite hobbies?

6. The VHL is home to a bunch of pretty cool custom logos. Which are your favourites? (You don't have to answer "Halifax" ;) )

| @LumberChuck @NatIng14 @Ente2997 @PoignardLeclerc11 @Austin2997 @Horcrux @Brandon P @Timmy Turner @Gross Ross @KnightRiley @jasplunds @Morcar80 @SeanL17 @bigAL @Deathblooms @lukechezzwoo |

12 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

1. S81 of the VHLM should begin on Wednesday! As a player, what are your goals for the upcoming season?

2. All told, we made SEVEN selections in the S81 Dispersal Draft on Saturday. What are your thoughts on acquisitions the team made? If you were one of the draftees, how did it feel to be drafted to Halifax?

3. Answering Press Conference questions is a form of training! What will you dedicate the points you earned from this task to?

4. Our team has had the privilege of attracting a solid amount of brand new members to the team. If you're a more veteran member, what's a piece of advice you can offer to your new teammates? If you're new to the league, what's something that could be done that might make your entry into the league a smoother or more enjoyable experience?

6. The VHL is home to a bunch of pretty cool custom logos. Which are your favourites? (You don't have to answer "Halifax" ;) )

| @LumberChuck @NatIng14 @Ente2997 @PoignardLeclerc11 @Austin2997 @Horcrux @Brandon P @Timmy Turner @Gross Ross @KnightRiley @jasplunds @Morcar80 @SeanL17 @bigAL @Deathblooms @lukechezzwoo |

1. My goal is to play solid and grow and get TPE.

2. I think the picks were great, but we definitely could use someone with good faceoffs and allround stats as a 1st line center.

3. I will wait until the opening lineup is released, cause I think it's possible that I will play center, then i would put them into FO otherwise probably in strenght or checking.

4. I am pretty new aswell, but I can give the advice to not get mad if you're player doesnt play so good, it's normal.

5. My favourite hobbys are hockey(Goalie) and playing video games.

6. I really like the logo from Geneva(VHLE) and the one from San Diego(VHLM).

36 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

JhmlGX6.png

1. My goal is to help my team winning game even if i'm on the 4th line

2. I think it was a good draft in general, I'm happy with the signing

3.  Puck control, defense or scoring

4.  I don't know what you could add, so far it's pretty fun !

5. Playing baseball and hockey

6.  The Stockholm Vikings logo is pretty nice.