S62 World Cup Eligibility List

Devise

S62 World Cup Eligibility List

There is a chance some players may not be on their proper teams, so if you see an issue with your own player just let me know. Players will be crossed out as rosters are selected, and when all that is done Mercenaries will have their choice of whomever remains. 

I will claim a bunch of players that are listed as Canadian but really are from Ireland, UK, Italy, Germany. They haven't been selected by Team Canada either so it won't cause any problem, I guess!

8 hours ago, McWolf said:

Most of these are off, I'm listed as a Canadian, but I should be English

Can you confirm? On the portal those listed as Canadian were with Canadian flags. Perhaps you didn't change your country when you created? All the listings in this sheet are based on what people input in the portal so.

1 hour ago, hedgehog337 said:

are S64 draftees eligible? @Devise

They weren't listed in the portal so I didn't add them. It's been a while since I ran one of these but I seem to recall upcoming draftee's for the draft a season out like that do not get included. I do remember one year, Sterling running a prospects tournament at the same time as the WC to get those people involved. So, no I do not think S64's are included.

1 hour ago, Devise said:

Can you confirm? On the portal those listed as Canadian were with Canadian flags. Perhaps you didn't change your country when you created? All the listings in this sheet are based on what people input in the portal so.

Yeah, I said I was from London. I'll link to every player I picked with wrong nationalities later so you know I'm not just bullshitting you

8 minutes ago, McWolf said:

Yeah, I said I was from London. I'll link to every player I picked with wrong nationalities later so you know I'm not just bullshitting you

Did you create before the mandatory portal creation? Your profile on the portal, says Canadian. But the portal could be wrong, or not updated. However we did have a period that you were apart of where players had to update their lists for WJC this past season. A bunch of those players, which were updated on the WJC list were not updated in the portal. Ergo, the portal still shows them representing mostly Canada. As that is what it defaulted most players to. 

I'm working on getting that updated in the portal for names missing, but it's mostly VHLM players here or players that are likely to end up on the Mercenaries team this season anyways. But there are examples of newer players created, that are probably not meant to be Canadian. 

@tfong For example, was your guy Canadian? You never not built somewhere from Asia, so seemed odd, especially with the name. I don't know how the creation in the portal works but on top of your City (which is just irrelevant text) you should be able to click on a list of actual Country flags and set that. I don't know if that wasn't done, or if that feature isn't working or not saving settings? Just curious if you recall doing that upon creation or if your meant to be Canadian. 

16 minutes ago, Devise said:

Did you create before the mandatory portal creation? Your profile on the portal, says Canadian. But the portal could be wrong, or not updated. However we did have a period that you were apart of where players had to update their lists for WJC this past season. A bunch of those players, which were updated on the WJC list were not updated in the portal. Ergo, the portal still shows them representing mostly Canada. As that is what it defaulted most players to. 

I'm working on getting that updated in the portal for names missing, but it's mostly VHLM players here or players that are likely to end up on the Mercenaries team this season anyways. But there are examples of newer players created, that are probably not meant to be Canadian. 

@tfong For example, was your guy Canadian? You never not built somewhere from Asia, so seemed odd, especially with the name. I don't know how the creation in the portal works but on top of your City (which is just irrelevant text) you should be able to click on a list of actual Country flags and set that. I don't know if that wasn't done, or if that feature isn't working or not saving settings? Just curious if you recall doing that upon creation or if your meant to be Canadian. 

The portal just makes everyone Canadian by default. We bumped in the same problem with the WJC. I create last offseason, the portal was a thing already and in birthplace I wrote London, England.

@Devise I'm guessing you found these through the player list? If that's the case, you'll need to select "No Team" in the drop-down box that says "All Teams" as you're missing a lot of the newer players like Scott Shawinganen and Kisshan Shan who are on that list. Also all S64 prospects are under No Team as well and, as someone who has run the tournament before, never excluded players for being too young. 

Just now, Tagger said:

@Devise I'm guessing you found these through the player list? If that's the case, you'll need to select "No Team" in the drop-down box that says "All Teams" as you're missing a lot of the newer players like Scott Shawinganen and Kisshan Shan who are on that list. Also all S64 prospects are under No Team as well and, as someone who has run the tournament before, never excluded players for being too young. 

Based on the rosters already selected they won't be in regardless but I can add them. I didn't realize the No Team thing, but going through the old list a lot of those players are still Canadian as well, as that was not fixed on the portal from WJC. I've talked with Will about that already though, so that will get sorted eventually here. 

1 minute ago, Devise said:

Based on the rosters already selected they won't be in regardless but I can add them. I didn't realize the No Team thing, but going through the old list a lot of those players are still Canadian as well, as that was not fixed on the portal from WJC. I've talked with Will about that already though, so that will get sorted eventually here. 

If you use my draft rankings, it has the countries that they asked for at player creation, rather than what they were auto'd to when they were created in the sim

• Head Moderator
13 hours ago, Devise said:

Don't recall being able to select an asian country. So it was probably Canadian set as default at the time.

8 hours ago, oilmandan said:

I assume once we announce our rosters they are set in stone? It was made known to me that Team World missed out on a couple guys. If it's too late that's fine we'll go with what we have. 

Due to the portal hiccup that remained from WJC as well as some other being listed as Canadian incorrectly I'll allow you guys to fix this. I've been busy so I haven't updated the list yet, but if you know of someone who plays for another country and you know that'll be fixed you can feel free to add them similar to how Western Europe added McWolf. 

Alright list is sorted, and the teams selections are striked through. Should be plenty of players for Team Mercenaries so @Bushito feel free to go ahead and make your team selections. 

Some of the players listed on Canada still likely were on different countries, but from what I can tell it wouldn't affect our current roster selections at this point, as GM's had a chance to reflect and go look at the draft lists to grab what they needed. However from what I understand the Portal will be fixed to be reflecting proper Countries for new players as soon as it's fixed up. 

Alright everyone rosters are all selected and we are basically ready to go. @Beketov will be handling simming duties for the WC, and I've already contacted him about getting in the index going. Once the Blue Team works on our off-season schedule thread, I'm sure we'll have dates for you all on when this thing is starting up. If I had to guess it would be soonish, absolutely starting up this week. Let's all have a fun WC!

• Commissioner
9 hours ago, Devise said:

Alright everyone rosters are all selected and we are basically ready to go. @Beketov will be handling simming duties for the WC, and I've already contacted him about getting in the index going. Once the Blue Team works on our off-season schedule thread, I'm sure we'll have dates for you all on when this thing is starting up. If I had to guess it would be soonish, absolutely starting up this week. Let's all have a fun WC!

If everything goes according to plan index will be tonight, sim 1 will be tomorrow but I can’t guarantee that.