Vancouver Wolves Press Conference

Beaviss

On 7/10/2024 at 7:03 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Scared Halloween GIF by Jin

Playoffs!!

I don`t know about you but I usually get super excited for the playoffs but somehow this season just felt a bit different as Vancouver was down 2-0 so quickly!! Did that take some of the excitement out of it or was it the ass kicking we took in the second round and it feels like the league is speed running the playoffs as they have better places to be in a few weeks? Either way, I guess we are talking about the horror show of this season playoffs!!

1.     Wildcard: Vancouver versus New York Wildcard series, What was your first thoughts heading into the series? Why?

2.     Wildcard: After going down 2-0 to New York; what were you thinking? Be honest!!

3.     Wildcard: Who was the MVP of the Wildcard against New York and why did we manage to comeback from 2-0?

4.     Round One: What was your thoughts about playing Toronto in the first round?

5.     Fill in the blank:  Being Swept by Toronto made you feel _________________!

6.     Round one: Joel Castle has an impressive round with three shut-outs and 0.969sav% was this due to his great play or our teams inability to generate offense?

7.     Bonus Play-offs: Will you pay attention to the rest of the playoffs or will you start to focus on next season?

Dumpster Fire GIF by MOODMAN

Scurvy@leafsman@traphag@Smarch@ScottyP@Girts@okochastar@Subject056@Beketov@KaleebtheMighty@Thunder@ethan tustain@Trepagoat@Gaikoku-hito@Frank@woog

1. First though was former Wolves star STZ will be hard to beat but we can do it. 

2. Honestly I wasn't worried and told Frank we would win the series. 

3. Probably Lazaro or Left Alone but Martin with the Game 5 game winner was huge. 

4. Well we played them in round 2, I wasn't worried until we were down 0-3. 

5. Poopie

6. I'd say both, those are strong numbers but also need to play good team defense. 

7. I will pay attention because I want to see Riga win because Latvia

1.     Wildcard: Vancouver versus New York Wildcard series, What was your first thoughts heading into the series? Why?

That it could go either way but New York had a more developed forward and goalie so they should be favoured. 

2.     Wildcard: After going down 2-0 to New York; what were you thinking? Be honest!!

I thought it would be almost impossible to come back. After we made it 2-2 it still felt like a tall task.

3.     Wildcard: Who was the MVP of the Wildcard against New York and why did we manage to comeback from 2-0?

I think Martin, Vidarsson and Kemp. Leaning towards Vidarsson since goalie is always a safe pick.

4.     Round One: What was your thoughts about playing Toronto in the first round?

Felt like we were the underdogs. If Simon respected our defense like he did Toronto's forwards, then I don't think we get swept.

5.     Fill in the blank:  Being Swept by Toronto made you feel _________________!

Like shiet. But motivated to do better next season and i think we made some changes already that should help.

6.     Round one: Joel Castle has an impressive round with three shut-outs and 0.969sav% was this due to his great play or our teams inability to generate offense?

Gonna be honest that was bull shit and simon was on something coming up with that result. But we live with it and move on.

7.     Bonus Play-offs: Will you pay attention to the rest of the playoffs or will you start to focus on next season?

Always gotta pay attention to what the winning team did or didn't do and how their roster was constructed. 

On 7/10/2024 at 4:03 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Scared Halloween GIF by Jin

Playoffs!!

I don`t know about you but I usually get super excited for the playoffs but somehow this season just felt a bit different as Vancouver was down 2-0 so quickly!! Did that take some of the excitement out of it or was it the ass kicking we took in the second round and it feels like the league is speed running the playoffs as they have better places to be in a few weeks? Either way, I guess we are talking about the horror show of this season playoffs!!

1.     Wildcard: Vancouver versus New York Wildcard series, What was your first thoughts heading into the series? Why?

2.     Wildcard: After going down 2-0 to New York; what were you thinking? Be honest!!

3.     Wildcard: Who was the MVP of the Wildcard against New York and why did we manage to comeback from 2-0?

4.     Round One: What was your thoughts about playing Toronto in the first round?

5.     Fill in the blank:  Being Swept by Toronto made you feel _________________!

6.     Round one: Joel Castle has an impressive round with three shut-outs and 0.969sav% was this due to his great play or our teams inability to generate offense?

7.     Bonus Play-offs: Will you pay attention to the rest of the playoffs or will you start to focus on next season?

Dumpster Fire GIF by MOODMAN

Scurvy@leafsman@traphag@Smarch@ScottyP@Girts@okochastar@Subject056@Beketov@KaleebtheMighty@Thunder@ethan tustain@Trepagoat@Gaikoku-hito@Frank@woog

1) Excited, ready to rock with the boys! 

2) Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth! But still had confidence in our group to make it happen. 
3) Logan, heart and soul guy…glue guy all the way. Plus he’s doing it all with a disability! 
4) Tough club, but we had momentum from the reverse sweep…felt good. Solid. 
5) Shocked, Rip took a few day bender to shake the off the hurt. He’s back locked in now. 
6) A little bit of both, I think great team D and solid goal tending go hand in hand. 
7) Nah, forward focused…ready to Riot next season in Vancouver! 

Dog Days Summer GIF by Wrecked

Summer Days & Summer Nights

I have been putting this off all week since I really don`t think I have anything interesting to ask since it is the off-season and putting it as nicely as I can I really don`t care about the VHLE play-offs; which my player is taken part or the remainder of the play-offs in the VHL. So what the heck am I supposed to ask you about than? Well, Let’s wing it than….

1.     The days are getting hotter so where is the best place to try to stay cool during the summer? Explain why?

2.     Hot summer night out by the campfire with a bunch of buddies, what is your got drink? Why?

3.     Swimming pool or beach? Which one do you prefer and why?

4.     Does your community or town do anything special during the summer months that others might find interesting? Explain if it does or state something. You would loke to be part of if they don`t!!

5.     Vancouver Wolves prospect went head-to-head against each other in the VHLE final; Does anyone know who won?

6.     I guess staying in the VHL for my last question, Who wins the Finals between Moscow & Toronto? Why?

7.     Bonus: VHL just turned 17yrs old so trying to think back either all those years ago or just short few years ago; what were you doing or do you remember? Year would have been 2007; if me math is correct!!

season 3 netflix GIF by Stranger Things

@Scurvy@leafsman@traphag@Smarch@ScottyP@Girts@okochastar@Subject056@Beketov@KaleebtheMighty@Thunder@ethan tustain@Trepagoat@Gaikoku-hito@Frank

1.     The days are getting hotter so where is the best place to try to stay cool during the summer? Explain why?

In the pool.  The water is about 75 degrees and its refreshing.   Especially when the sun is out and I can bronze.

2.     Hot summer night out by the campfire with a bunch of buddies, what is your got drink? Why?

It all depends.  My range is water, soda, beer, whiskey, tequila, and at the end of the night decaf.  Problem for me is too much alcohol and my stomach gets jacked up and I cant sleep.  But a good Jameson and ginger beer with lime is refreshing

Broken record… Depends!!  If I’m in Mexico then I prefer the beach during the day and then the pool after supper.   In states, pool all the way just because its more convenient.  

4.     Does your community or town do anything special during the summer months that others might find interesting? Explain if it does or state something. You would loke to be part of if they don`t!!

I’m sure they do but I’m happy in the pool and the lounge chair.  I dont need to be getting too involved with the community!!!

5.     Vancouver Wolves prospect went head-to-head against each other in the VHLE final; Does anyone know who won?

Soju is the winner

6.     I guess staying in the VHL for my last question, Who wins the Finals between Moscow & Toronto? Why?

I predicted Moscow so I want them to win for the prediction point.

7.     Bonus: VHL just turned 17yrs old so trying to think back either all those years ago or just short few years ago; what were you doing or do you remember? Year would have been 2007; if me math is correct!!

July 18, 2007 was a Wednesday and I’m pretty sure I was working that day.   And I’m guessing the weather was nice and warm and sunny.   I probably had chicken and rice for supper because thats what I was eating back then.  And probably watermelon too!!

8 minutes ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

I have been putting this off all week since I really don`t think I have anything interesting to ask since it is the off-season and putting it as nicely as I can I really don`t care about the VHLE play-offs; which my player is taken part or the remainder of the play-offs in the VHL. So what the heck am I supposed to ask you about than? Well, Let’s wing it than….

7.     Bonus: VHL just turned 17yrs old so trying to think back either all those years ago or just short few years ago; what were you doing or do you remember? Year would have been 2007; if me math is correct!!

@Scurvy@leafsman@traphag@Smarch@ScottyP@Girts@okochastar@Subject056@Beketov@KaleebtheMighty@Thunder@ethan tustain@Trepagoat@Gaikoku-hito@Frank

1. Inside in the AC all the time for the entire summer, because it feels like a hot fart outside all the time. 

2. Coldest beer at the bottom of the cooler, doesn't matter what kind. 

3. Beach because I can go pee in the ocean and nobody will know. 

4. I would like my town to hold a bikini car wash, thank you. 

5. No idea but congrats to whoever won, we're proud of you!

6. Toronto because only the best team could have beaten us!

7. 2007 was the year I dated this woman with real big melons, biggest I ever had, but it didn't last past 2008. That said I can still picture those beauties 17 years later. 

36 minutes ago, Girts said:

. 2007 was the year I dated this woman with real big melons, biggest I ever had, but it didn't last past 2008. That said I can still picture those beauties 17 years later. 

Can you describe them a little better?  I’m trying to visualize them.

On 7/18/2024 at 7:41 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

1. In the house with the ac or in the pool we bought for the child. Although of course it’s also fire season so it’s hot and Smokey outside.

2. Baileys on ice.

3. My own swimming pool.

4. My howntown has an event called sidewalk days. It’s three days in June when all the businesses on Main Street, set up outside and usually have sales. They bring in food trucks, entertainment and a kids section with bouncy Castles. It stretches about 10 or so blocks.

5. I hardly know who won the VHL, let alone the other leagues.

6. I bet Moscow wins. 

On 7/18/2024 at 6:41 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

1) Out on a lake paddle boarding with some white claws or the pool with some whiskey gingers! 
2) Johnny Utahs, hits just right…can have a bunch without getting crazy. lol 

3) Pool, unless it’s in California where you can boogie board…not a big “sand” guy…rather keep it clean! 
4) Lots of small town “festivals” in north snohomish county (north of Seattle)…vendors, food trucks, parades and entertainment! 
5) Bolos De Trueno took the L! At least I think so based on the LR chat. 
6) It’s probably already over…but I’d root for Toronto..keep the cup in North America! 
7) Just graduated from college…looking back, I knew nothing and a lucky I’ve made it this far! Haha 

Over It Reaction GIF by jjjjjohn

Busy off-season for some!!

With the off season in full swing some teams have been busy pulling off huge trades, re-signing players and generally trying to figure out their future outlook. Players are either training or getting ready for different international tournaments. While others sit around at the beach or in cool dark AC filled rooms wondering when training camp will actually start and if anyone will notice if they don`t show up; at least in shape!! Ugh, off season continues ……

1.     VHL Awards should be handed out by the end of next week; Did you take part in the Predictions and how many do you think you managed to get right?

2.     Frank made a ton of moves last season to improve the team but in the end it wasn`t enough but do you think he will be up for the David Knight Trophy? Why or why not?

3.     Think ahead to the awards do you think any of the awards winners might surprise you or others? Which trophy and why?

4.     Sixteen total trades as I write this question; Which trade stands out the most and why? Or I am not paying attention like most of the GM in the league!!

5.     Moscow Menace have rebuilt their Championship team as the most active team in the trade market; Do you think they have improved their team and have a chance at repeating or have they cut too deeply and will resemble a burning dumpster? Explain?

6.     Moscow Menace now have 4 (four) first round picks in S96; Do you think other GM even pay attention to what other teams have or are trading to other teams? Why or why not?

7.     Bonus: What is the difference between a bad pizza joke and a good pizza joke?

New Girl Ugh GIF

Team trading Moscow First rounders!!

Hungry Jennifer Lawrence GIF

4 minutes ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

2.     Frank made a ton of moves last season to improve the team but in the end it wasn`t enough but do you think he will be up for the David Knight Trophy? Why or why not

Losing Frenchman and Oaks was a bad trade for him 

1.     VHL Awards should be handed out by the end of next week; Did you take part in the Predictions and how many do you think you managed to get right?

I only got 1 right.  Moscow winning the conference.

2.     Frank made a ton of moves last season to improve the team but in the end it wasn`t enough but do you think he will be up for the David Knight Trophy? Why or why not?

He should definitely get the trophy.  Look what he did with Rip Wheeler.  He turned him into a star from a useless waste of air.

3.     Think ahead to the awards do you think any of the awards winners might surprise you or others? Which trophy and why?

I was surprised that Vancouver didnt win the conference.  

4.     Sixteen total trades as I write this question; Which trade stands out the most and why? Or I am not paying attention like most of the GM in the league!!

B- I’m not really paying attention to the trades

5.     Moscow Menace have rebuilt their Championship team as the most active team in the trade market; Do you think they have improved their team and have a chance at repeating or have they cut too deeply and will resemble a burning dumpster? Explain?

Its not over, they will be able to compete

6.     Moscow Menace now have 4 (four) first round picks in S96; Do you think other GM even pay attention to what other teams have or are trading to other teams? Why or why not?

I believe most do because they are committed to making the best teams.  They arent as good as Frank though.

7.     Bonus: What is the difference between a bad pizza joke and a good pizza joke?

I dont know any pizza jokes but I would say its bad if I want to throw up.

13 minutes ago, Lemorse7 said:

Losing Frenchman and Oaks was a bad trade for him 

It was a surprising trade if nothing else but at that point of the season Vancouver wasn`t really going any where as proof in the puddling!! Time will tell how the rest of the trade plays out.

14 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

With the off season in full swing some teams have been busy pulling off huge trades, re-signing players and generally trying to figure out their future outlook. Players are either training or getting ready for different international tournaments. While others sit around at the beach or in cool dark AC filled rooms wondering when training camp will actually start and if anyone will notice if they don`t show up; at least in shape!! Ugh, off season continues ……

7.     Bonus: What is the difference between a bad pizza joke and a good pizza joke?

New Girl Ugh GIF

1. I did take part even though I have no idea what I'm doing. That said I'd be happy with 1 right!

2. I think he should be because he's a fantastic GM and made excellent moves not only to get deep into playoffs but also set us up to be even stronger in the future. 

3. I don't think anyone would be surprised if Gavilrovs wins every award. I mean let's face it, the guy is legit. 

4. Geeze you're going to make me look at the trades.. ok I think the one we made was the best, because we are the best, that's obvious. 

5. No way, the Moscow Meanies got lucky, it could happen to anyone. I think they will not be back next season, but all kidding aside was nice to see Spartan win one, he works hard in the league. 

6. I think if GM's aren't paying attention to everything other teams are doing they are doing themselves a disservice. Gotta be on point with everything all the time. No days off. 

7. Bad pizza joke is made in Florida. Good pizza joke is made in NYC! 

On 7/24/2024 at 9:17 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

New Girl Ugh GIF

1. I don’t pay enough attention to do awards so I normally don’t do them.

2. I hope we can help him win the knight award next year as I unfortunately don’t see it this year. If he wins that’s means we as a team performed well in the regular season.

3. I wouldn’t even know who might be up for awards so technically even award winner would be a surprise to me.

4. Let me go look at the trade thread and see what trades went down. Yes it appears that people were traded this offseason.

5. It appears from my two second review of trades that Moscow indeed made some trades. Good for them and I hope we beat them in the finals.

6. I would hope other GMs watch the trade thread more than I do that’s for sure. 

On 7/28/2024 at 10:54 PM, Smarch said:

I don’t pay enough attention to do awards so I normally don’t do them.

Missing out on some easy TPE; all you have to do is copy @Frank since he is usually pretty good!! 😁 This is how I started with Predictions until I understood there is a bit of a flow to who wins some of the awards.

Hurry Up GIF by MacKenzie Bourg

Common Season already!!

Someone else has stated this in the locker room but this season feels very long and maybe their reasoning is sound as it might be due to the fact that we have no hockey and it is the middle of the summer but what about the Olympics wouldn`t people generally be tuned into this sporting event instead? All I can say is Common let’s get the season started already!!

1.     If we held a mini-Olympics in the Vancouver Wolves locker room, what event would you like to see included and why?

2.     Staying with the Olympics, who; on the team would win the majority of running events and give reason?

3.     Swimming is rather a good Olympic event right so are you a good swimmer? Why or why not?

4.     Strong Man competition still a thing? I guess who would win majority of the lifting events and why?

5.     Holy Cow!! I just realized that Summer Olympics means Boxing is also included so Who is beating Rip Wheeler first and Who is winning the Boxing Tournament?

6.     Who do you think wins the most medals during the mini-Olympics and why?

7.     Bonus: Would the mini-Olympics actually be a fun way to train for a hockey season? Why or why not?

Well, there you have it a full press conference pulled completely out of my arse late in the week than normal and no, I didn`t plan on asking about the Olympics as I was going to ask about next season but I guess that can happen next week as we are still waiting. Season start middle of next week, right? Right?

Jimmy Fallon Ok GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

@Subject056@Scurvy@traphag@Gaikoku-hito@Smarch@ScottyP@Thunder@Girts@Beketov@KaleebtheMighty@Frank@ethan tustain

1.     If we held a mini-Olympics in the Vancouver Wolves locker room, what event would you like to see included and why?

Curling the rock into Scotty P’s face just to give him a prettier nose.  

2.     Staying with the Olympics, who; on the team would win the majority of running events and give reason?

Girts would win the heavy lifting events.  Calaway would win all the endurance events.  Ninefingers would win the fighting events.  Rip Wheeler would win the dance events.  PMB would win all the target events.  Liv Slater would win the beer drinking.  Riley Martin would win all the other events.

3.     Swimming is rather a good Olympic event right so are you a good swimmer? Why or why not?

I can swim and tread water just fine.  If it is a race, I’d probably take on water and lose.

4.     Strong Man competition still a thing? I guess who would win majority of the lifting events and why?

Girts.  Hes a stud.

5.     Holy Cow!! I just realized that Summer Olympics means Boxing is also included so Who is beating Rip Wheeler first and Who is winning the Boxing Tournament?

We are all beating Rip Wheeler.  Ninefingers wins the event.  He’s a southpaw.

Soju. he’ll outsmart all of us.

7.     Bonus: Would the mini-Olympics actually be a fun way to train for a hockey season? Why or why not?

I don’t think so.  Too many different muscles being used.  Players would get hurt.

22 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Common Season already!!

Someone else has stated this in the locker room but this season feels very long and maybe their reasoning is sound as it might be due to the fact that we have no hockey and it is the middle of the summer but what about the Olympics wouldn`t people generally be tuned into this sporting event instead? All I can say is Common let’s get the season started already!!

Well, there you have it a full press conference pulled completely out of my arse late in the week than normal and no, I didn`t plan on asking about the Olympics as I was going to ask about next season but I guess that can happen next week as we are still waiting. Season start middle of next week, right? Right?

@Subject056@Scurvy@traphag@Gaikoku-hito@Smarch@ScottyP@Thunder@Girts@Beketov@KaleebtheMighty@Frank@ethan tustain

1.  Speed walking

2. Mark Calaway cause he has the best speed on the team in terms of attributes. 

3. I am not a good swimmer. I don't swim often so I don't do it well. 

4. Ninefingers, has the best strength attribute on the team and with only nine fingers too. 

5. Who isn't beating Rip up is the better question. 

6. Rip, he's a sneaky chap and would likely pay for more medals to win. 

Since it's hard to do much with a keyboard. Either a writing or graphics making olympics or a best use of GIFS olympics. Both would be feasible in a discord LR. 

I noticed Slater @Subject056 recently updated her skating to 94 so because she's now the fastest skater on the team, I'll go with her since I'd like to believe being a fast skater will translate to being a fast runner. 

I'm a fine swimmer, could I compete? No. I do enjoy swimming though and it's good exercise. But after about 10 laps I'm dead tired. 

I feel like Gavilrovs @Girts is the most physical player on our team just going by his 85 checking. So I'm going to say that he can also dead lift the most and is generally the strongest. Basically don't fuck with him. 

I feel like we're all owed a cage match event that features all three of @Scurvy @Thunder and @ScottyP in the ring. I realize that's not how boxing works but man I would love to see it.  As far as who wins a boxing tournament I would again have to go with Gavilrovs since he has the highest fighting on the team. 

If most of the events are strength and fighting related then I'm going with the players with the highest face offs and fighting on the team so that would be Gavilrovs and Ninefingers. If it's more skill based I would go with Slater or Calaway since they have the highest tpe currently. 

It would be a cool off-season activity I'm not sure how events unrelated to hockey would assist training. But as far as entertainment during the lull of the off-season. Now how do we simulate this?  

On 7/31/2024 at 6:53 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Common Season already!!

1. Assuming this is only over the internet I would say Olympic Caption This competition, where someone posts a funny picture and everyone posts a caption for it. Best wins gold. 

2. hmm this is a tough one, I think Liv Slater is the smallest person on the team so they'd win because small and speed usually go together

3. No but at 250 pounds I can out-float anyone! 

4. Humbly I'd have to say myself but I think Ninefingers and Trueno would make it interesting.

5. LOL. My money is on Ninefingers to beat Wheeler first, he still holds a grudge from a few seasons ago when RIP did not beat him in a fight. Ninefingers would unleash hell on him in a rematch. That said I'm winning the tournment. 

6. Hard to say, we each have strong events but overall I'd say Calaway he has the most experience is well rounded and is also pretty strong. 

Edited by Girts

4 hours ago, Girts said:

holds a grudge from a few seasons ago when RIP somehow beat him in a fight

Correction!  We have never fought.   I’d quit VHL immediately if he beat me in shame 😂😂. Thunder however did beat me the one time we fought.   

1 minute ago, Scurvy said:

Correction!  We have never fought.   I’d quit VHL immediately if he beat me in shame 😂😂. Thunder however did beat me the one time we fought.   

My bad! I rescind my statement with sincere apologies! I must have confused Rip and Thunder, which I now apologize to Thunder for! 😁

1 hour ago, Girts said:

My bad! I rescind my statement with sincere apologies! I must have confused Rip and Thunder, which I now apologize to Thunder for! 😁

Easy to confuse them both since both are punching bags of the one @Scurvy!! LOL!!

3 hours ago, Scurvy said:

Thunder however did beat me the one time we fought.  

That was only because Payne had already gotten in a fight earlier in the game and was tired and had a sore wrist.  Thunder gave him a sore face