Vancouver Wolves Press Conference

Beaviss

200.gif

Off Seasons Sucks!!

Here we are watching other flaunt around like little princesses as they continue to play playoff hockey; like they are so much better than Vancouver Wolves!! ugh! At least we had a few prospects to watch play meaningful hockey this past week with even a few players picking up some nice hardware and showing that the future is bright if they continue to do as much once they put the Wolves Jersey on. I have a ton of questions I could have asked this week but I will limit myself to six this week so; Answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1.     A whole bunch of the Vancouver Wolves Prospect just won the Renaissance Cup with Bratislava Watchmen in the VHLE; What does this mean Vancouver Wolves should easily win the Continental cup in a few seasons? Why or why not?

2.     Congrats to Logan Ninefingers @Scurvy, Mikko Borisyuk @Minebro and Vlad Von Carstein @Dom on winning the Renaissance Cup. Who partied the hardest after winning the cup? Why and what do you think they did?

3.     Sadly, for every winner there needs to be a loser so sadly DB IV was one of our prospects on the losing end of the Renaissance Cup finals. What would you have to say to DB IV @wcats after losing the finals like that?

4.     What is better playing against players you don`t really know or playing against someone that you know and respect?

5.     What is one hockey motto that you can think of or that your player would clearly believe in completely?

6.     Is there any player in the league that you would think it was funny if your players dropped the gloves against each other? Who and why?

Melissa Mccarthy Fight GIF by Saturday Night Live

@Frank@Gaikoku-hito@Ben mclaughlin@Cwalker@Zylen@McLean Hoover@Tipskid97@Subject056@ThatCasual@Hoopydog@RElblein@KaleebtheMighty

1 hour ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

1.     A whole bunch of the Vancouver Wolves Prospect just won the Renaissance Cup with Bratislava Watchmen in the VHLE; What does this mean Vancouver Wolves should easily win the Continental cup in a few seasons? Why or why not?

2.     Congrats to Logan Ninefingers @Scurvy, Mikko Borisyuk @Minebro and Vlad Von Carstein @Dom on winning the Renaissance Cup. Who partied the hardest after winning the cup? Why and what do you think they did?

3.     Sadly, for every winner there needs to be a loser so sadly DB IV was one of our prospects on the losing end of the Renaissance Cup finals. What would you have to say to DB IV @wcats after losing the finals like that?

4.     What is better playing against players you don`t really know or playing against someone that you know and respect?

5.     What is one hockey motto that you can think of or that your player would clearly believe in completely?

6.     Is there any player in the league that you would think it was funny if your players dropped the gloves against each other? Who and why?

1.  I think it means some good things are coming to Vancouver.  Mixed with the pieces we already have and some high earning newbies I am excited for what is in our future.

2. Vlad did for sure.  Had to carry him home from Pub.  

3.  DB did great but Bratislava was hungry and had a chip on their shoulder after getting dominated by COL in the regular season.

4. Playing against someone you know and respect.  I enjoy a good rivalry and some friendly shit talk

5. Effort beats talent ALWAYS!  

6. Hmmmmm...  @girts for sure but now we're teammates.  Jake Thunder.....  (If I could)..  But my all time most wanted match would be my other player Brian Payne.  Think Payne would take Ninefingers tho

On 2/25/2024 at 2:22 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

200.gif

Off Seasons Sucks!!

Here we are watching other flaunt around like little princesses as they continue to play playoff hockey; like they are so much better than Vancouver Wolves!! ugh! At least we had a few prospects to watch play meaningful hockey this past week with even a few players picking up some nice hardware and showing that the future is bright if they continue to do as much once they put the Wolves Jersey on. I have a ton of questions I could have asked this week but I will limit myself to six this week so; Answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

@Frank@Gaikoku-hito@Ben mclaughlin@Cwalker@Zylen@McLean Hoover@Tipskid97@Subject056@ThatCasual@Hoopydog@RElblein@KaleebtheMighty

1. I think once our roster develops in a few seasons 

2. honestly don’t really know 

3. man iv never been there but 2nd will feel the worst but it means ur on a great team still keep it up 

4. better playing teams lk 

5. Idrk 

6.  Also idk 

On 2/25/2024 at 2:22 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

200.gif

Off Seasons Sucks!!

1. The future is beyond bright for VAN, a cup in the next 2-4 is not off the table in my opinion 

2. I know it's biased but a good ol' Latin America Party is the clear winner.

Mikko wipes the dance floor with Logan and Vlad Von

3. Repeating what Mikko said, "Hard work pays off, don't think losing is ever the end."

4. Knowing the players makes you wanna play harder in my opinion, it just brings a fire that is different than a bunch of randos 

5. Not much of a motto as a saying that I play with "Ni siquiera el calor del diablo puede derretir nuestro hielo." Which mean, "Not even the devil's heat can melt our ice."

6. A former teammate of mine, Obuz, I don't stand a chance

On 2/25/2024 at 5:22 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

200.gif

Off Seasons Sucks!!

1. I already thought we would be a solid contender in a few season so this just adds up to it 😏

2. What happen at the cup celebrations stay at the cup celebrations.

3. We'll make that up with a continental cup together buddy!

4. I always prefer playing against someone I know, it kind of add this friendly challenge of being the better one.

5. Keep your head up!

6. YES!!! That would be Grimgor Ironhide @FrostBeard. Vlad and Grimgor has been at war for years now, a good old 1v1 would be the one thing that could shut down those pesky greenskins for good.

200.gif

Off Seasons Sucks!!

1. No, because I'm not on that list

2. Me, when I go up to the VHLE and win

3. Sucks to suck

4. Someone i dont know so I dont feel bad beating them 

5. "Frick around and find out" - Evander Kane before losing to the VGK

6. Joseph Jec, because my cousin owns him and made me write in all of these answers

On 2/25/2024 at 6:52 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

200.gif

Off Seasons Sucks!!

1. It's a good sign, means the Wolves prospect pool is deep and the future is looking promising!

2. Probably Ninefingers, he likes to chirp and I can see him having some fun celebrating his W.

3. Meh it's only the E, not a big issue! As long as the player puts up good numbers and is developing then thats what is truly important.

4. Playing against players you hate lights a special kinda fire within.

5. Shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot, the more shot chances the higher the probability of getting a lucky bounce to find the back of the net.

6. Would be funny to fight a goalie, or one of the McFleurys

200.gif

Off Seasons Sucks!!

1. I was happy to see some of our guys win the cup in Bratislava, it just means we have that much more experience to help us win the cup with Vancouver! 

2. Without question Logan Ninefingers partied the hardest, he's huge and can consume a ton of alcohol. 

3. Bummer for DBIV who is one heck of a player and my teammate from the VHLM in Houston, but still good to get a deep playoff run and that experience. 

4. I always enjoy it more when I play against friends, the win just feels better and you can talk shit later. 

5. Can't check a guy through the glass unless you go for the hit! 

6. Last season in the VHLE Ninefingers and I were hoping to have a friendly tilt, would have been fun but never happened and now thankfully never will

On 2/25/2024 at 4:22 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

200.gif

Off Seasons Sucks!!

1. I wish it was that easy. With the amount of teams in the VHL, its a struggle each year to compete in the league. As we have seen recently, even the top seem to struggle come playoff time. 

2. I assume Vlad Von Carstein did being from Germany. I assume he pounded beer until he passed out on the table. 

3. Don't worry, there will be lots of hockey ahead of you  to feel that winning feeling. 

4. Playing against players I don't know, so i can play emotionless and have that killer instinct. 

5. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. 

6. Would be great to see some VHL coaches go at it

Tired Pbs Nature GIF by Nature on PBS

Off-Season bore!!

While I know a lot of individuals find the off-season rather boring as do I at times; it can also be one of the most exciting times for players and managers a like as trades, drafts and tournaments can keep things very interesting. Behind the scene the Wolves Management have been busy this week and most likely will be busy right up until the start of the season so lets talk about some of the moves that they have made already this off-season and what you think of the “New” team. Answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1.     What do you think of adding a veteran like Left Alone @okochastar to our young core will provide this season?

2.     Six Rookies enter this season; who is going to lead the pack? Why?  

(Riley Martin, Logan Ninefingers, Mikko Borisyuk, Vlad Von Carstein, Guntis Gavilrovs & DB IV)

3.     Vancouver Wolves have been at it again adding two more veteran players in Sunglasses Joyo @JetsGoalie101 and Larry Abass Jr @RileyL; what do you think of the overall trade and do you think Vancouver gave up too much for these veteran players?

4.     Out of the six rookies which rookie is likely to win the Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy? Why?

5.     With all the additions this season, what does success look like for the Vancouver Wolves this coming seasons? Why?

6.     Draft day is coming soon so Who should the Vancouver Wolves draft at the fourth overall selection? Why?

Bonus: If Vancouver Wolves make the playoff this season does Frank win another David Knight Trophy or does Vancouver need to go deep into the playoffs?

Russell Crowe Gladiator GIF

@Frank@RileyL@JetsGoalie101@Smarch@Scurvy@Dom@Girts@okochastar@Cwalker@Minebro@Tipskid97@Subject056@wcats@KaleebtheMighty@Gaikoku-hito

On 3/5/2024 at 8:51 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Off-Season bore!!

While I know a lot of individuals find the off-season rather boring as do I at times; it can also be one of the most exciting times for players and managers a like as trades, drafts and tournaments can keep things very interesting. Behind the scene the Wolves Management have been busy this week and most likely will be busy right up until the start of the season so lets talk about some of the moves that they have made already this off-season and what you think of the “New” team. Answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1.     What do you think of adding a veteran like Left Alone @okochastar to our young core will provide this season?

(Riley Martin, Logan Ninefingers, Mikko Borisyuk, Vlad Von Carstein, Guntis Gavilrovs & DB IV)

3.     Vancouver Wolves have been at it again adding two more veteran players in Sunglasses Joyo @JetsGoalie101 and Larry Abass Jr @RileyL; what do you think of the overall trade and do you think Vancouver gave up too much for these veteran players?

4.     Out of the six rookies which rookie is likely to win the Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy? Why?

5.     With all the additions this season, what does success look like for the Vancouver Wolves this coming seasons? Why?

6.     Draft day is coming soon so Who should the Vancouver Wolves draft at the fourth overall selection? Why?

Bonus: If Vancouver Wolves make the playoff this season does Frank win another David Knight Trophy or does Vancouver need to go deep into the playoffs?

Russell Crowe Gladiator GIF

@Frank@RileyL@JetsGoalie101@Smarch@Scurvy@Dom@Girts@okochastar@Cwalker@Minebro@Tipskid97@Subject056@wcats@KaleebtheMighty@Gaikoku-hito

1. I think he will add much needed experience and a high skill set which should help us push for a playoff spot

2. All talented high upside rookies, anyone is capable of breaking out but I'd have to say #1 pick Logan Ninefingers will be the standout this season. 

3. I think it's a solid trade that improves our current roster, so as long as management think it was the best move then I'm on board!

4. Assuming that is the rookie of the year trophy.. then again I'd go with Ninefingers, but if it rewards hits then I'd say Gavilrovs.

5. I think with the recent moves and our experienced coaches we can definitely push for a playoff spot. I have confidence in our group.

6. Lots of great players available but probably another high end forward, someone with a good all around game. 

Bonus: I think we can do it, winning a round would probably make him a lock for the trophy, so I'm not counting him out. Then again I have no idea what the trophy is for but Frank is awesome and should win everything. 

6 hours ago, Girts said:

6. Lots of great players available but probably another high end forward, someone with a good all around game. 

Skincare Serum GIF by FaceTory

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

On 3/5/2024 at 7:51 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Off-Season bore!!

1. Hopefully it will kick start our competition window. With a younf hungry core and a few veterans maybe we can surprise some people this season.

2. VVD. I think will have the most opportunities to lead the way with a younger defense core. 

3. I think the trades were good. Anytime you give up picks and lower end prospects it may come back to bit you in the ass, however its unlikely the core S92 rookies will stay together their entire careers due to cap, so Frank can always get some assets back in the future. 

4. Ninefingers, just cause the league tends to sway towards forwards. 

5. Success will be nothing short of a playoff appearance. Hopefully more than a first round appearance as well. 

6. I think we should draft Annie Oaks!

I don't get paid for bonus questions, sorry!

Will Ferrell Santa GIF by filmeditor

Season Starts!!

After what seemed along the longest Winter with long dark days, not sunlight for what seemed like weeks with the food running low and starting to look around wondering who we would eat first; the regular season is finally about to start. Answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1.     Did this offseason seem extra-long for you or was it just the anticipation of a new team, new season making if feel longer? Explain Why or why not?

2.     Was there anything surprising that you noticed during the offseason that took your interest or other should know about? What and why?

3.     What goals do you have set for your player this season?

4.     Captain will be named soon as a poll is running in the locker room, who did you vote for and why?

5.     Do you believe in the Vancouver Wolves captains curse? Did this affect your voting preference?

6.     Liv Slater took a ton of hardware home this past season in a way of awards; do you think she can repeat any of the awards or all of the awards? Which one and why?

Thank God the season is here!!

Look Up Adam Sandler GIF by Saturday Night Live

1.  Yes.  Miserably long.  And not because I’m excited for new season, which I am.  This has been the longest it’s felt ever.  

2. the World Juniors was fun but we got killed.  Earning TPE was only thing kept me going really. 

3. I want to make Ninefingers into a reliable piece of the club.   To not hurt the team defensively and put in pucks when I can and get some wins. 

4. voted for Liv Slater, Joyo, and Abass I think. Veterans who have all been around 

5. nah. Don’t believe in that nonsense.  Wolves are immune 

6. Hell yeah.  He deserved them all and should repeat with at least Jake Wylde trophy.  

14 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Season Starts!!

After what seemed along the longest Winter with long dark days, not sunlight for what seemed like weeks with the food running low and starting to look around wondering who we would eat first; the regular season is finally about to start. Answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1.     Did this offseason seem extra-long for you or was it just the anticipation of a new team, new season making if feel longer? Explain Why or why not?

2.     Was there anything surprising that you noticed during the offseason that took your interest or other should know about? What and why?

4.     Captain will be named soon as a poll is running in the locker room, who did you vote for and why?

5.     Do you believe in the Vancouver Wolves captains curse? Did this affect your voting preference?

6.     Liv Slater took a ton of hardware home this past season in a way of awards; do you think she can repeat any of the awards or all of the awards? Which one and why?

1. Yes it seemed long but no complaints, gave me time to earn some extra tpe and get my build where I want it, now should be able to make big impact and help the team even more

2. I was in the WJC so that was fun for a few days but otherwise nothing of note

3. #1 is always help the team make the playoffs and go deep, but personal goals would be 250 hits and 150+ blocks. Anything less and I will be ashamed of myself. 

4. Send me the poll so I can vote! lol 

5. Nope there is nothing to it, this team rules and no supposed curse can stop us. 

6. Absolutely yes, Slater is a beast and will win all the defensive awards this season, that's why I took him #1 in fantasy after stealing in like the 3rd round last season where he helped me win my group! 

1. Yes, it seemed to take forever. It will be a full month between VHLE and VHL games for me. I don't look at those random tournaments, so it was extra long for sure. 

2.   I didn't really pay attention. I found out about our trades when people were welcomed into the LR. Boring off-season makes you check out. 

3.  Well now that we have a much more veteran roster with the trades, I unfortunately don't see anything happening for my player. So hopefully the team does well at the very least

4.    I voted for two veterans and then Ninefingers as the 1st overall pick should be in a leadership role early in his career in my opinion.

5.     I'm not really aware of this curse you speak of so hopefully I didn't jinx anyone. 

6.     Hopefully she can repeat on all of them, but with a more veteran forward core, I would see her repeating as the Labatte winner in S93. 

On 3/18/2024 at 10:43 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Season Starts!!

1. It really felt longer than usual, probably because I found the 2 seasons before VHL too long.

2. Not really to be honest

3. I just want to be a solid dman for the team

4. I forgot to vote 😛

5. No vote, no curse!

6. I haven't looked much at the awards for last season but as long as she wear the wolves jersey I'll cheer for her to get it again

Easter Bunny Dancing GIF by Canticos World

Easter Weekend

Been a busy week from a personal standpoint but heading back to teaching in a few weeks and finally ended working at 3am in the morning means I should have more time to actually put more effort into Press Conference questions so bare with me with these horrible questions!! 😁 I promise that they might get better sooner than later. So Easter weekend that seems to have snuck up on us; okay at least me. Easter egg hunts, chocolate, chicks etc... Traditions? Answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1.     Left Alone @okochastar is currently in the top 10 of goal scoring in the league do you think he should pass the puck more or shoot the puck more? Why?

2.     Liv Slater @Subject056 is once again top 10 in defensive scoring but where would you rank her amongst the defensemen in the league today? Why?

3.     What VHL team is surprising you the most so far about quarter of the season? Why?

4.     At this point of the season Vancouver seems to be struggling and sit seventh in the conference; what is the biggest area that we can improve as team to start turning our season around? Why?

5.     Easter Weekend and a few seasons ago the Vancouver Wolves when to the Children Hospital for Halloween; Do you think the Wolves should do something similar in the community and what should we do?

6.     What are your Easter plans, anything special or traditional?

Good Friday Chocolate GIF by Pudgy Penguins

2 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Easter Bunny Dancing GIF by Canticos World

Easter Weekend

Been a busy week from a personal standpoint but heading back to teaching in a few weeks and finally ended working at 3am in the morning means I should have more time to actually put more effort into Press Conference questions so bare with me with these horrible questions!! 😁 I promise that they might get better sooner than later. So Easter weekend that seems to have snuck up on us; okay at least me. Easter egg hunts, chocolate, chicks etc... Traditions? Answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1.     Left Alone @okochastar is currently in the top 10 of goal scoring in the league do you think he should pass the puck more or shoot the puck more? Why?

2.     Liv Slater @Subject056 is once again top 10 in defensive scoring but where would you rank her amongst the defensemen in the league today? Why?

3.     What VHL team is surprising you the most so far about quarter of the season? Why?

4.     At this point of the season Vancouver seems to be struggling and sit seventh in the conference; what is the biggest area that we can improve as team to start turning our season around? Why?

5.     Easter Weekend and a few seasons ago the Vancouver Wolves when to the Children Hospital for Halloween; Do you think the Wolves should do something similar in the community and what should we do?

Good Friday Chocolate GIF by Pudgy Penguins

1. Definitely shoot the puck more, we need him to score as many goals as possible! 

2. I'd say top Defenseman in the league, can do it all, shoot, pass, score, hit, block and defend. Had a huge season last year and is having another great one this year. 

3. Moscow. I thought they would struggle but apparently are pretty good this year. 

4. I think we're finding our way and what works with a lot of new faces and builds in the line up. Once we find the best system we will go on a run no question. Also we could afford to allow a few less goals. 

5. I think we should deliver spiral hams to needy families.

6. Nothing too crazy, seeing some family having a meal. 

15 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

He should keep doing exactly what he's doing because we need the scoring!  Although a pass to Ninefingers for a gimme goal would be appreciated. 

I put her in the top 5 for sure.  Prob top 3.  Skor McFleury - Jacob Stone- Mark Calaway are having great seasons too but Liv is up there.

Warsaw.  I thought they would be a lot worse than they are.  Happy they are winning.

Team defense and some secondary scoring.  One line seems to be clicking and the other is struggling defensively and offensively.  I do feel that with so many high earners this slide will be temporary and we will get better.  The question is if there will be enough season left by the time we do get caught up to get into playoffs. 

Yes for sure. Children's hospitals are always in need of good visitors and I think the Wolves should go a few times a year.

Not really.  We went to Everett SIlvertips hockey game last night and had an easter egg hunt this morning for my 6 year old daughter.  Going to have a family dinner tonight but nothing crazy

1.     Left Alone @okochastar is currently in the top 10 of goal scoring in the league do you think he should pass the puck more or shoot the puck more? Why?

Shoot the puck more! Pucks on net as much as possible that's the key to winning. Or so I've been told by every hockey commentator ever. 

2.     Liv Slater @Subject056 is once again top 10 in defensive scoring but where would you rank her amongst the defensemen in the league today? Why?

I think she's top 3 along with McFleury and Calaway. I've noticed she's often a slow starter than turns it up after game 15ish. The fact she won all 3 defense awards last season should make her a candidate to be number 1 going forward. Once the team starts improving she'll get more praise as well. 

Seattle. I'm not sure how a team with a sub 550 tpa goalie is ahead of us but here we are. As well ass not a single defenseman at or above 700 tpe. 

Just playing to win. We've had trouble defending as a team even in a more defensive system. In high scoring games we've typically lost by a single goal so we're losing a lot of close high scoring games as well. Hopefully our GM figures his shit out and the team starts improving.

Definitely. Professional athletes should always give back to the community. Children's hospital or hospice is always a great choice. 

Relax. Drink. Spend time with family. Watch sports. In no particular order.  

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Who`s the Fool?

This past week started with a bang with a bunch of trades, announcement of le Captains and maybe a few jokes being played around the league; which is right up my alley; since it was April Fool’s Day!! So, Let get into the exciting week and discuss what happened:Answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1.     Major trade ended the previous week as Vancouver Wolves shipped Larry Abass Jr @RileyL and Jens Lekman @Bobcat to Calgary Wranglers for Thor Odinson @GoalPlays and S94 CGY 1st; who won the trade and why?

2.     Vancouver Wolves have struggled to start the season so are you still confident that Vancouver will turn it around and make the playoffs?

3.     Playoffs, Yeah, I am talking about playoffs!! With the NHL playoff only a few weeks away, is your team going to make the playoffs and what do you think of their chances of winning the cup?

4.     Fools day came and went with a few jokes being played, what one did you like and which one might have caught you out? (League embezzlement, Fake trade, GM stepping down etc..)

5.     What did you think of the Fake trade involving Vancouver Wolves and the Moscow Menace; where Vancouver shipped off newly announced Captain Liv Slater @Subject056 to Moscow for S94 WAR 1st & S94 MOS 1st? Would this be a trade that you would complete? Why or why not? Did this joke caught you out? Why or why not?

6.     Captains have been announced so what are your overall thoughts about the new Leadership group being announced with Liv Slater @Subject056 as Captain, Left Alone @okochastar & Sunglasses Joyo @JetsGoalie101 as assistants?

What is the next event on the Calendar for most?

Sharpen Stop Motion GIF by PESVictoriaDayscopy2.jpg.ddbfa5cb5e1dc9e164b01a7cbfaaa981.jpg

Edited by Gaikoku-hito