HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

1: We’re past the halfway mark in the season, are you happy with your player's performance so far? 

I’m happy to be on a good team.  Let’s win the trophy.

2: If you were asked to rename Davos’ VHL team, what name would you choose?

Boston

3: What do you think of the Tarasenko trade? 

Not phased one bit!!

4: What are your go-to Pizza toppings?

Pepperoni if wife is having slice, otherwise pepperoni, onion, jalapeño, tomato, pepper

5: Who is your favorite NHL player currently?

Still Radko Gudas

6: Which NHL team(s) do you cheer for?

Boston, San Jose, and whoever is playing the Penguins 

7: Do you have a guess for which NHL team gets Jakob Chychrun at the deadline, assuming he moves?

My guess is Edmonton

8: Who is your favorite videogame character and why?

The ugliest character in whatever game I’m playing because no one wants that player

9: In honor of Valentines' Day I figured I'd include this. What on-screen relationship is your favorite? can be a videogame, movie, or any media.

My wife, or Selma Hayek!

Drop the HC and the alliteration, if I had to. I don't hate the overall branding, nor the logo. But if I actually HAD to, Davos IceBreakers or something to do with mountains or skiing would work.

The Blues had to sell low due to the season VT is having this year, but the man is an all-star. They really got nothing great here, a bottom 6 forward, depth AHLer, 3rd rounder, and late 1st-rounder magic beans. We're going to see Vlad Gavrikov go for a price like that in a few weeks. Grim stuff in STL, but an absolutely beauty trade by the Rangers. Loving how that 1st line is looking.

Just a classic cheese and pep kind of guy. If it counts as a topping, I'm also a sucker for some BBQ sauce base.

Has been the same for 15 years or so - my captain, Patrice Bergeron. Growing up, he was someone I always pretended to be on the ice, caring just as much about perfect passing and responsible defending than scoring the most goals. A player nobody can hate. I will say that Tage Thompson on the Sabres has really become one of my favourite players to watch.

Sorry, but the Boston Bruins. My dad was, so I was bred as one. Can't stand the leafs and most of their fans, even though I'm local, so the Sabres also get some of my loyalty.

7: Do you have a guess for which NHL team gets Jakob Chychrun at the deadline, assuming he moves?

With all the rumors that have been circling around, I'm guessing he goes to the Kings. Although the reports have been saying that Brandt Clarke and Quinton Byfield aren't going back, I could see a return along the lines of Vilardi+1st+Kupari+ make sense for both teams. 

1: We’re past the halfway mark in the season, are you happy with your player's performance so far? 

Nah, could be better. But as long as we keep winning games I'm happy.

NO NEVER

HOW COULD EVEN ASK THAT
HOW DARE YOU

INCONCEIVABLE

@Masu Chan

Rangers got what they wanted.

I don't like pizza, so nothing.

Andrei Vasilevski, then Jake Oettinger

Montreal Canadiens!! Go Habs Go!

Yes way better than last season! Already 11 pts more than last season in 29 less games. Worst defensively (at my suprise!), but offensively way better.

Good for both teams! New York got the best player that will help them in the playoffs and St Louis got a young player in Blais that already played for them in the past so he knows the organization and a first round pick in a really good draft.

I think you asked me this question this season, but I will answer the same, Sydney Crosby and Anze Kopitar are my favorite right now even if they are close to 35 years old.

See the question above and you have a good idea. Pittsburgh and Los Angeles. Sadly, the Nordiques are no longer in the NHL.

Commander Shepard from the Mass Effect serie. The serie as a whole is fantastic and the meme «we'll bang okay» is hilarious!

9: In honor of Valentines' Day I figured I'd include this. What on-screen relationship is your favorite? can be a videogame, movie, or any media.

Madelyn Cline (so hot!) and Chase Stokes are in a real life relationship and they are also together in the serie «Outer Banks» and they make the video clip of a Kygo song, «Hot Stuff».

It's gotten better the past couple of sims, which I'm happy about. Save percentage up above .930, Davos first in the conference, can't complain too much.

I'd want to keep it explicitly similar to Davos, without actually being the name of a real team. The city of Bern has a VHLM history and I think would work quite well for a Dynamo relocation.

I have zero opinion of the actual hockey behind it. But generally I do enjoy the Rangers being good, just because a hopping MSG is unlike any other stadium on earth. So I hope he helps them go far for some NY playoff hockey.

Pepperoni, mushroom, green pepper was the move for a long time, but I've been on an Italian sausage kick recently. Just getting a Supreme is usually the plan.

This may be heresy, but don't really have a set one. It was fun rooting for the Blackhawks when I lived in Chicago, but I probably root for the Wild more now that I'm here.

I've got a soft spot for Yoshi. He's my main in Smash and Mario Kart, brings a lot of levity to the Mario series, and who's really going to argue with a green dinosaur?

18 hours ago, Masu Chan said:

💗orV41eH.png.efda2d2f5c2f0bdb7369639cbe079d0d.png💗

You ONLY have to answer 6 of the 8 questions
Week Of February 13th - February 19th 2023

I'm very happy with Lachlan's performance so far, because although he's playing the backup games this season as expected, he's yet to record a regulation loss and has pretty good rookie numbers. He also has a shutout under his belt, so I can't complain! 

My go-to pizza topping is bacon. I don't know anybody else who likes bacon on pizza. 

My favorite NHL player is currently Vince Dunn, but for the most part, it's been Tyler Toffoli. 

My favorite NHL team is the LA Kings so of course I cheer for them! And I also follow the Blues and Kraken occasionally.

Reports are saying he goes to the Kings most likely, and I'm not too sure how I feel about it honestly. 

My favorite video game character is Connor from Detroit: Become Human, because he's a very clean-cut character and is a badass, to say the least. 

My current favorite on-screen relationship is Percy De Rolo and Vex'ahlia from Legend of Vox Machina. 

On 2/14/2023 at 8:42 PM, Masu Chan said:

💗orV41eH.png.efda2d2f5c2f0bdb7369639cbe079d0d.png💗

Week Of February 13th - February 19th 2023

1. Not really. I thought he would be shooting a lot more and therefore scoring more. He finished in the top 10 in goals last year, this year, he's nobody.

3. Makes a lot of sense for the Rangers. They've got to win while Shesterkin is on his entry -level deal. His real contract is going to kill their cap.

4. I'm a simple man, I like a good margherita pizza.

6. I cheer for the Penguins and whoever is playing the Flyers. Doubly so if that's the Penguins.

8. Well, don't want to give any spoilers, but I just used my free game game the Christmas raffle and the lead from Disco Elysium was a really well written character.

9. Bob and Linda Belcher. They manage to be a humorous TV couple while still being relatively realistic and having a healthy loving relationship.

orV41eH.png.efda2d2f5c2f0bdb7369639cbe079d0d.png

Week Of February 20th - February 26th 2023

1: Are you a lefty or a righty?

2: Which All-Star event do you think your player would have a chance of winning? Or would you want to compete in one?

3: Which WWE superstar (Past or Present) would your VHL character want to team with for a match?

4: Which VHL team is your favorite to play against?

5: If you could replace one VHL team with a VHLM team, which teams would you choose?

6: Who do you think will become the next Captain of the Vancouver Canucks?

7: What was the first Videogame you played?

8: Do you think drafting Connor Bedard makes the team a playoff team?

9 minutes ago, Masu Chan said:

I am a righty. 

2: Which All-Star event do you think your player would have a chance of winning? Or would you want to compete in one?

Lachlan would definitely have a chance of winning the Save Streak event, since there's only a limited number of All-Star events goalies can participate in!

Personally, I like playing against the Riga Reign the best because my friend Sadie plays for them. 

I think Elias Pettersson will be the next captain of the Vancouver Canucks, because of his sheer skill and what he brings to the table for them.

The first video game I remember playing was Pokemon FireRed.

Not necessarily. I think drafting Bedard will make a cornerstone piece for any team, but it takes more than one player to make a playoff team. Plus, something strange could happen and Bedard could not pan out in the NHL like a few former 1st overall picks. 

5 hours ago, Masu Chan said:

3: Which WWE superstar (Past or Present) would your VHL character want to team with for a match?

5: If you could replace one VHL team with a VHLM team, which teams would you choose?

1. Righty, but I write and kick lefty. 

2. I'm not sure if I would win, but the accuracy shooting event is the best in my opinion. 

3. I don't know much about WWE, but I will go with Cena. 

4. Calgary. Even though they have smoked me recently, I've been in some epic games with them in both the regular and postseason. 

5. Miami because we need a Florida team in the VHL. 

8. Not necessarily. You really have to build around someone like that regardless of his talent. I would give the team a three year window to make the playoffs after he is drafted.

Lefty. I also bat lefty and golf lefty 

Shot blocking competition lol

Toronto because they always suck

Malmö Nighthawks replaced by E team Stockholm and Warsaw replaced with a former M team Turku.

Pettersson or Hughes probably. Pettersson more likely imo.

Not right away, but a few seasons later sure

17 hours ago, Masu Chan said:

1. Righty. I shoot right, too, which is strange, I gather.

2. Probably the penalty shot competition. He has a flair for the dramatic.

4. Whichever one is presently starting their backup goalie.

5. Well, my previous player was on the inaugural Miami Marauders, so I'd bring them up, and I'd send down Helsinki.

7. I think it was the original, side scrolling Duke Nukem, on my grandfather's old Windows 3.1 PC, though he had a pile of those old DOS games I could be forgetting.

8. Probably not. You have to be really bad to get that pick. Now, Bedard plus the right moves? Maybe.

Righty. It's tough to get pads and sticks and everything else you need the other way, man.

Anything that has to do with shooting the puck, of course. Yes I'm a goalie, what's that look for?

Andre the Giant. Let's just have the largest people possible out there and see what happens.

It's a friendly rivalry with my old mates in Helsinki, but it's still a rivalry. It's fun to go up against them every so often in Europe.

Let's swap the Americans with the Marlins. A unique but still large hockey market, and I like their color scheme that is pretty unrepresented in the VHL.

Probably the original Mario Kart for SNES, because I'm old. I remember loving that game though, and think it might have led to a later love of cars.

Lefty for the majority of things. Like I write with my left hand, but I throw the ball with my right. The craziest is that I catch in baseball with my left hands, but catch in hockey with my right... Doesn't make sense but well!

Hard shot competition. Big guy who can shoot, but will get better in a couple of season to maybe win it.

Keven Owens. He speaks French like me and two big guys in the ring would do some damage.

I would have said JT Miller, but with everything that happen this season I'm not sure he's the best choice. The other assistant OEL is not a better option so for real I would not name one.

Something like NHL 2002 on PC. Wish they can make it again on PC god dammit.

In his first season? Absolutely not. Like Crosby and McDavid before him, he will need some help to get his next team competitive and reach the playoffs.

A lefty on xbox.  Righty with hockey stick, throw right, hit golf club right, hit baseball left or right, write right, give middle finger both left and right

Beer pong

Killer Kowalski

Warsaw -  need to punish Brian Payne

Las Vegas Aces

Who cares?  I dont like Vancouver.

Pong

he’s just one player, but yeah.

On 2/21/2023 at 5:13 PM, Masu Chan said:

1. I am a lefty

2. I think my player would do well in the accuracy shooting competition 

3. Edge, always been a favorite of mine 

4. For me it’s either Warsaw, Moscow or Prague 

5 to replace I’d say London and I’d replace them with Las Vegas 

8. not a playoff team right away but definitely accelerates a rebuild for a team 

Week Of February 27th - March 5th 2023

1: With only a handful of games remaining, how many goals/wins do you expect to end this season with? 

2: Do you have a specific stick your player uses? If not then do you have a favorite brand?

3: Which teammate has impacted your player's performance the most this season?

4: If you got a new pet what would you name it?

5: Connor McDavid just scored his 50th goal of the season, how many do you expect him to end with?

6: The NHL trade deadline is right around the corner, which trade do you think is the most impactful?

7: If you could move to any city, which city would you choose?

8: Which movie do you wish had a sequel?

1: With only a handful of games remaining, how many goals/wins do you expect to end this season with? 

0 goals! woo...

Siyan, my d pair.

I have a plan to get two cats and I have names ready for them, but I'm not sharing them here.
5: Connor McDavid just scored his 50th goal of the season, how many do you expect him to end with?

He'll make it 70. McDavid can do it.
6: The NHL trade deadline is right around the corner, which trade do you think is the most impactful?

Meier to NJ has to be the most impactful so far. The best player to be traded, but there is still time.

Turku.

33 minutes ago, Masu Chan said:

2: Do you have a specific stick your player uses? If not then do you have a favorite brand?

1. I've picked up the goals a bit lately, I think I could hit 40, now.

2. James uses Federation issue equipment. It's very high tech and definitely not a wooden prop with shiny spray paint.

4. I always thought it would be funny to have two cats and name one Garfunkel but not name the other Simon.

6. Well, the Timo Meier trade will not just be big this playoff, I think he'll probably get an extension and be a game changer long term in Jersey.

7. I'd rather not move, but if I have to, I'll go back to Ottawa.

8. The Bakshi Lord of the Rings cartoon. I know people say it's terrible, but I used to watch it with my family every summer when my grandparents visited. It was before the Jackson Lord of the Rings movies, it was the best we had. Plus the Ring Wraiths were really creepy.

Hope we win 3 more.  I’d be comfortable with a clear 2nd place standing.

Whatever stick that happens to not be broken and is in the stick bucket outside the back door

Pete Mitchell and James Teekirque.  When they score, I usually get an assist

Whatever name my wife wants to name it.  I dont get to name it.  Have to choose my battles.

50.  He’s going to get hurt and be out for the remainder of the season

Boston picking up two studs

Good question.  Been looking recently.  Several options are on the table.  Just have to get the wife to commit to selling our house.  Pahrump, NV , Meridian, ID , Huntersville, NC , Sunrise, FL , Londonderry, NH , and Cuernavaca Mex have all been discussed.

Bambi goes down for a buck

2 hours ago, Masu Chan said:

Hopefully we win the majority of these last few games to clinch 2nd place in a very competitive EU conference. It would put us in a great place for the playoffs. 

Sitting behind Xavier Booberry has definitely helped develop and improve Lachlan's game! Gotta be the most effective goaltender tandem this season.

My dog is partially named after Olli Maatta so I would definitely continue the trend of choosing a hockey name for a new pet. I think a dog named Cale would be adorable. 

The Meier to New Jersey trade is definitely sure to be most impactful and shake up the eastern conference. 

I would move to Seattle. I love the rain.

Step Brothers, purely because I'm curious as to what they would come up with for a sequel. 

Edited by kirbithan

I'll say I end with 33. I see a good stretch of games to end the season for Davos, I hope. (Am I talking about goals or wins? Your choice!)

It's been nice having Summers behind me this season to bounce ideas and tricks off of. There's been seasons in the past where I've worried whenever I have to sit, but that's far from the case this year.

The wife loves corgis and has always wanted to name one Radar because of the ears that stick up. So Radar it is.

I don't know about impactful, but the Kane trade is sure is heck fun. As somebody who lived in Chicago at the height of that dynasty, it'd be fun to see the Rangers do well.

Honestly, in keeping with the last question, back to Chicago. There's a lot to do, but it's not overwhelming like an NYC. Plus still have a lot of friends there.

I've always been a fan of Talladega Nights, and near two decades on I think it'd be fun to do a sequel where Farrell/Reilly are in a team owner role and dealing with brash new drivers.

I would like to have two more to get the 25 goals mark. Might not be easy but will try my best.

Not really for real! Try to get a similar curve, but any brand is okay for me

Will pass the 60 goals mark, will say 63.

Hard to say only one, but the Rangers got two offensive stud for almost nothing. Boston got what they needed and Toronto are getting really good too.

New York. Love going there, even if I'm from Canada, I went there at least 5 times already.

Chips. Was funny, great motocycles stunt in the movie with some action.

Week Of March 6th - March 12th 2023

1: How many games do you think our first series will be?

2: Which player on Davos do you think would win an arm wrestling tournament?

3: What is your players nickname? 

4: Which teammate do you expect will lead us in points at the end of our playoff run?

5: Which NHL player's jersey would you want to get as a gift?

6: Who is your favorite NHL defender?

7: Do you listen to anything while you fall asleep? or do you find it strange to do so?

8: What is your dream car?

24 minutes ago, Masu Chan said:

Week Of March 6th - March 12th 2023

1: How many games do you think our first series will be?

I think our first series will be 6 games. Though the faster we close it out, the better. 

2: Which player on Davos do you think would win an arm wrestling tournament?

I feel like Florida Man would win a Davos arm wrestling tournament. Just because that seems like a Floridian thing to do, I guess! 

3: What is your player's nickname? 

Lachlan's nickname is very simple: Lachy. Though his friends sometimes call him the Mad Aussie.

5: Which NHL player's jersey would you want to get as a gift?

I'm a big Cale Makar fan, and I love the Avs alternate jerseys, so that would be my pick. 

6: Who is your favorite NHL defender?

This definitely falls into the previous question! So my favorite defenseman  is Cale Makar with a side of Vince Dunn. 

7: Do you listen to anything while you fall asleep? or do you find it strange to do so?

I listen to either a YouTube video or Twitch stream to fall asleep and actually set a timer on my phone that makes it shut off by itself after a certain time.

Edited by kirbithan